• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbec7

Alright Persona community, could someone give me a link for good quality stream/footage of P4A2?

:)

I know is... really soon but what about new music? something new about that?

Thanks!

fertygo

P4G isn't hard at all thanks to the new mechanics.

P3P is a pain in my ass though, since the enemy seems to always succeed on their death spells where I always fail on mine, even if they are weak to it.

Its easier to just ignoring using death spells in P3P

Man I wish the game can throughout punishing for the whole game.

The period where you around level 20-30 at harder difficulties is my jam, every battle is so much fun.. after that pass, you can just abuse higher level skill, maybe I should try maniac mode.
Alright Persona community, could someone give me a link for good quality stream/footage of P4A2?

Thanks!

I thought that's the main topic in last few pages.

Dantis

Thanks!

Here:

There are no rips of any new music yet. It looks like it's Kitajoh primarily doing the soundtrack again though.

*New guy asks a question*

"What? You can't go read the last 150 posts?"

We probably shouldn't make a habit of this kind of response.

Meia

In terms of personas, just keep up with your party mates. If they're learning the second level of a fire spell for example and you're still on the first level, you can probably get it. If you're really keeping on top of your game, you should be getting that next level spell before they do.

For me, personally, I always made sure to try and keep one of each element, one good healing one(without an easily exploitable weakness for this is preferred), and usually a good support one for group buffs. A good one for an element usually is made up of single and multi hit versions of the element, as well as Amp and Boosts of said element. Best skillset for a good fire persona for example would be on that had Ragnarok(severe Fire) or Agidyne, Maragidyne, Fire Boost, and Fire Amp. These latter two abilities don't really start popping up til later, so don't really worry about them much early.

I would also get in a habit of giving Marie any and all skill cards you get, so it's easier to get duplicates, even if it is expensive to do so.

Ultimately, even your list, while a good point to start, is still probably more complex than it needs to be. Just have fun and enjoy the characters. :p

cj_iwakura

I'm not sure someone who's never played P4 being in this thread is very wise, given P4A2 discussion. The first game was safe from spoilers, no way will the second one be.

Sophia

Yeah, I think you all are right. I will just play it how its meant to be (normal, no guide).

So, I basically need to:
-Pay attention at the days weather.
-Do the dungeon when it starts to rain.
-Buy the most I can of sodas before the dungeons.
-Pay attention at enemies weaknesses.
-Try to finish the dungeon in 1-2 days.
-Kill the Golden Hands.
-Pay attention at the dialogs, to answear it at the best I can to gain s-link points (Ill not use a guide for this).

Any hint about the fusions, and at the Personas I should get? Or its knowledge will come natturally?

Thanks!!

You're trying too hard to play perfectly, which means you will fail. Which makes me wonder why you're trying so hard to play perfectly to begin with. :p

It's hard to keep up with streams with P4A2 because a lot of them are coming and going. Usually the best way is to check Flux's posts and hang out in chat in case Pan links one and/or I start restreaming.

fertygo

Sorry if my response seem vile, I only had motive to pointing out the guy to last few page.. which is the best way to got those info.
no intention to throwing snark, I'm sorry once again.

You're trying too hard to play perfectly, which means you will fail. Which makes me wonder why you're trying so hard to play perfectly to begin with. :p

Admittedly, in most cases I've done the S. Links with looking at what answers are the best, just because it makes it easier to see the new events easier.

Also, saw that Shadow Yukiko picture. Awesome.

Has there been any more information about something being in the Persona 5 trailer?

My first play through was a mess, not a clue what I was doing, I'm surprised I even finished the game.

tumblr_mwuqh6wbK31s326a3o1_500.jpg

Kssio_Aug

LOL

Im always "a little" paranoic before start a RPG, dont really know why, I think I just "fear" to play more than 20 hours and realize that I missed something really important behind.
Just dont want to feel lost in the middle of the game.

I have finished lots of RPGs, but I always try to understand system and tactics early as possible. But youre right, I need to learn to stop being perfectionist at these things, and just play it. I think the hints ive got, is already good enough to start with.

Necrovex

Its easier to just ignoring using death spells in P3P

Man I wish the game can throughout punishing for the whole game.

The period where you around level 20-30 at harder difficulties is my jam, every battle is so much fun.. after that pass, you can just abuse higher level skill, maybe I should try maniac mode.

When I was killed by a death spell when I was fairly high up in Tartarus was also the point where I quit P3P.

Sophia

LOL

Im always "a little" paranoic before start a RPG, dont really know why, I think I just "fear" to play more than 20 hours and realize that I missed something really important behind.
Just dont want to feel lost in the middle of the game.

I have finished lots of RPGs, but I always try to understand system and tactics early as possible. But youre right, I need to learn to stop being perfectionist at these things, and just play it. I think the hints ive got, is already good enough to start with.

Persona 4 is structured in a way that you thankfully can't miss anything important. Golden added in Marie's SLink (which is missable), but that's about it. So just enjoy yourself. You probably won't have the knowledge to make a Persona that can kill Golden Hands right away anyhow. ;p

When I was killed by a death spell when I was fairly high up in Tartarus was also the point where I quit P3P.

On my very first playthrough of P3 (vanilla), I got killed because of a death spell because Junpei walked in the way of my attack. So I ended up talking to him instead of shooting with my bow. Argh. >.<;

fertygo

I use S.Link conservation chart all the time. Gotta manage my time properly, its could made me so anxious if I screw up my S.Link management lol

LOL, but that's vintage experience in playing SMT game!

Being killed after got charm spell is much worse anyway.

Neoxon

So for the PersonaGAF members that live in America, what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?
Just chilling at home since my family is coming to my place. Maybe get some P3FES in...& some Arena (haven't played fighting games in a while & I've been needing to get back into it).

Meia

Yeah I just say "SMT'D!"

It happens, and wish it did with 4 Golden. It COULD in 4 vanilla, but they removed like all possibility in Golden. I did almost have it happen against the secret base boss, who actually one shot the MC in the first round of combat(hit weakness + Mute Ray = all health), but I survived due to having Enduring Soul(thanks to Magician card), and then having the second one blocked by the support. :p

Yeah I just say "SMT'D!"

It happens, and wish it did with 4 Golden. It COULD in 4 vanilla, but they removed like all possibility in Golden. I did almost have it happen against the secret base boss, who actually one shot the MC in the first round of combat(hit weakness + Mute Ray = all health), but I survived due to having Enduring Soul(thanks to Magician card), and then having the second one blocked by the support. :p

There is like a billion things preventing that in P4G. It is getting silly really.

PK Gaming

When I die from instant death spells in any Megaten game, the first thing that goes through my head is WELCOME TO MEGATEN!
Ironically, out of all the megaten games i've played this only happened in P3.

The worst part was going through like 20-something floors without saving and getting floored by an asshole using Mahama.

Ironically, out of all the megaten games i've played this only happened in P3.

The worst part was going through like 20-something floors without saving and getting floored by an asshole using Mahama.

At this point in the series, I consider Macca Beam/Wastrel Beam and Hula of Misfortune to be far more fearsome than Hama and Mudo, I see an enemy with any of those, and I just "Ah HELL NAH."

Meia

There is like a billion things preventing that in P4G. It is getting silly really.

There was some semblance of balance before, even with 4 allowing members to push you out of the way as AoE spells they can't do anything to block. Then dat support buff gives her two ways of stopping that situation.

Do you know if an enemy uses an attack that would kill the MC, she can just block the attack on EVERYONE, so it doesn't even hit the rest of the party? I'd like SOME difficulty in my games, thaaaaaaaaaaanks.

Levito

Banned
I recall one time in P3--I was grinding for hours and hours(like 7 hours) to fight Nyx. For whatever reason I didn't save in all that time. Then one encounter--dead.

Think I took a week long break from the game after that.

PK Gaming

Lizzie gets the short end again. :(
At least they're making her a good character this time.

I hope.
At this point in the series, I consider Macca Beam/Wastrel Beam and Hula of Misfortune to be far more fearsome than Hama and Mudo, I see an enemy with any of those, and I just "Ah HELL NAH."

Haha, word.

I was gunning for the neutral path, and I decided to not save for 3+ hours (so I could reload if I made a mistake). I ran into a bunch of those goddamn Macca Beam users, but thankfully I didn't run into too many issues. It helps that instant-kills are really, really good in SMTIV, haha.

Necrovex

SMT IV is now on sale for $30 on Amazon. The decisions that I must make whether I want to finally try a true SMT game is bearing its weight on my soul.

I'll have to return to P3P soon and buy a shit ton of Homunculus.

So for the PersonaGAF members that live in America, what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?

Chilling with family, playing Batman Origins, and buying stuff from Amazon, so I can avoid the rush tomorrow.

fertygo

Is it really a bad thing?

My masochist side that born because megaten dislike it.

Although that kind of "difficulty" not the one that bring me joy though.

Normal enemy in modern persona game should have higher HP, its silly most of them will die with one hit after you getting -dyne stuff even in higher difficulty.. Come on 400-ish HP for enemy at monad, sheesh.

Mid-game always the most fun in P3-P4 when it come to grind.

Pretty much just chillin' at my house, some family members from abroad came to visit and my parents have been taking them on a shopping spree all week. I'ma try to finish SMT4, and play a ton of Arena with my brothers until its time for the big meal.

Levito

Banned
So on the 7th or 8th of December there's going to be a podcast episode on Persona Q/Dancing all night specifically. Couple panel spots saved already but there's 1 or 2 still open, anyone interested?

It came out today. Well technically yesterday, since Japan's time is way above ours.

It looks so great. Man can't wait for the home release.

I just noticed the Catherine calendar on Yu's bedroom wall in the Arena 2 opening.

Remember this?

Meia

Is it really a bad thing?

For games that have difficulty levels, yes.

If I pick Hard or Very Hard, I shouldn't also have to impose a self handi-cap of "Don't level the Lovers social link AT ALL" to have any semblance of challenge. Difficulty level could have easily been coded to remove that much help, or severely limit it, but like with the addition of Marie in the game, laziness took over. :p

Lunar15

So on the 7th or 8th of December there's going to be a podcast episode on Persona Q/Dancing all night specifically. Couple panel spots saved already but there's 1 or 2 still open, anyone interested?

It looks so great. Man can't wait for the home release.

Remember this?

Unfortunately, I remembered that photograph.

Levito

Banned
Yosuke would listen to Nickelback and Linkin Park, that's the sad park.

Scratch that--happening this weekend sometime. Again, spots open.

Unfortunately, I remembered that photograph.

EVERYTIME I DO IT MAKES ME LAUGH.

Levito

Banned
This is the incredibly sad but true part. He totally would.

After hours in the electronics section of Junes are all CRAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIN.

Oh, if it's happening this weekend, I should be able to join in.

That is, if no one else is interested.

You're a big fan of Project Diva so sure, sounds good. Still working out a time. I gave LolipopDave, Todd, and TrueSelf priority since they wanted to be on the last one--have only heard back from Dave currently.

Keats and I are working out a time. Will keep you posted, Moonlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom