• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

So that P4A2 stream transformed into an SNK soccer game for some reason. Fantastic.

Exclusive Persona 4: Soccer footage:

iWsqW34ckoTVA.gif

I am very frustrated that the ONLY P4A2 stream became that. Just when Yu's story was getting good...

Do you mind recounting what happened in his story mode thus far?

FluxWaveZ

Do you mind recounting what happened in his story mode thus far?

I found it rather compelling to watch even though I don't understand Japanese. It helped that they weren't skipping story scenes much this time and were letting things play out.

- General Teddie says some stuff, [player skips], Yu faces Shadow Chie while "evil" Rise announces the match in this stage.

- Shadow Chie's defeated and bursts into the sparkles enveloped by the dark energy that Shadows seem to do here. Yu talks to himself and General Teddie's screen appears saying stuff.

- Yu faces "Shadow" Labrys in this stage. No pre-match dialogue or any kind of custom scene (so a straight up match).

- Yu goes against [normal] Kanji in the twisted, neo-Dark Hour version of outside Yasogami High. They seem to talk to each other normally before they start fighting, and I'm pretty sure from the gist of what I heard and from how they both react, Kanji's being an idiot and is all, "You can't fool me! I know you're a Shadow!" and Yu's all, "No wait...!" and Kanji's all, "Shut up! Stop lying! I'm gonna beat the crap out of you!" and Yu's all, "I've got no choice..."

- Yu wins, Kanji seems pissed that he lost against a Shadow and Yu reiterates that he's normal. Kanji realizes he's an idiot and bows to Yu as an apology. He says something else until Fuuka interrupts the conversation saying stuff, presumably a plea for help. Yu recognizes the voice, mentions Kirijo and asks other questions before Fuuka's voice returns, darker and less emotional than it was before. Kanji says stuff, Yu agrees and they both run off the stage in opposite directions.

- Yu faces Shadow Yukari. Normal match in normal gym stage.

- Yu faces Shadow Yukiko. Normal match in normal piano stage.

- Swift cut to Persona Soccer before the match starts.

FluxWaveZ

All the P4A2 details sound amazing. How far out from launch did Atlus USA announce P4A? Anybody remember?

I think these dates are correct:

- P4A announced = August 2011
- P4A JPN console release announced = February 3, 2012
- P4A NA console release teased (via obscure Atlus USA email) = February 16, 2012
- P4A NA console release confirmed = February 21, 2012
- P4A JPN console release date set = April 18, 2012
- Console launches = August 2012

So the console release announcement for the first game had a delay of 6 months after its initial announcement while this time the delay was 3 months.

The delay between the console announcement in Japan and the console announcement for North America was but a matter of days within the same month.

The delay between the NA console announcement and its release was approximately 6 months.

Clearer version of Shadow Yukari's intro:
ibrwBhbKQfNZC1.gif

Squire

Banned
I think these dates are correct:

- P4A announced = August 2011
- P4A JPN console release announced = February 3, 2012
- P4A NA console release teased (via obscure Atlus USA email) = February 16, 2012
- P4A NA console release confirmed = February 21, 2012
- P4A JPN console release date set = April 18, 2012
- Console launches = August 2012

So the console release announcement for the first game had a delay of 6 months after its initial announcement while this time the delay was 3 months.

The delay between the console announcement in Japan and the console announcement for North America was but a matter of days within the same month.

The delay between the NA console announcement and its release was approximately 6 months.

Wow, I I didn't realize the announcements were so close! If Atlus means to continue the thread, we should have the console release confirmed for the US before Christmas.

You see any Junpei on the stream? I'm wondering if he might be another Kokonoe where he's like crazy imbalanced to start.

FluxWaveZ

You see any Junpei on the stream? I'm wondering if he might be another Kokonoe where he's like crazy imbalanced to start.

Nah, none of the characters seem that way. I think the few times I saw Junpei in the launch stream he was AI controlled (one of those ladies was controlling him in the pre-launch stream, though), but even from previous loketests there's nothing to indicate that he'll be crazy overpowered more than anything. So far, and it might be a bit early to tell, it doesn't seem like a Mitsuru or Chie situation is going to repeat itself.

I'm not too educated yet on what the Junpei install when he gets 10 runs does exactly, though.

i6j94TfWh3x0m.gif

FluxWaveZ

Didn't see any Junpei from what I watched, sadly. But there was some Naoto, and some Yu, and some Naoto.

Also some Naoto.

Haha, you must have left right before we switched from stream 1 to stream 2 because stream 1 was all about the Naotos and the Yus. Man, those matches were lame.

FluxWaveZ

Few more Sho notes:

- It's been said before, but Persona Sho's aura is indeed a light, aqua blue and not the familiar dark blue that normally surrounds a Shadow. Again, Persona Sho's voice is much different and more sinister than normal Sho's.

- Persona Sho's theme is definitely the one that plays in P4A2's trailer while normal Sho's is another that's been heard in these streams and in the Persona reveal stream.

- Seems to play very differently than his normal version, which was to be expected.

i1AAycKFTYYd7.gif

Edit: This was Liz vs. Shadow Junpei's arcade story scene.

Rhapsody

Banned
Starting to get hyped for the new P4A now... While I doubt it happened, but I hope Labrys has a real DP.
Sho sounds pretty interesting. I heard I missed a stream with him, so I still have no idea how he plays.

Meia

So, is it safe to breathe a sigh of relief now with the Sega situation, or am I still on pins and needles finding out what's to come of Atlus USA.

...an Atlus USA announcement would go a long way right about now guys....

And yeah, shadows are going to steal the entire show in P4A2, aren't they? I mean, I guess it may make the regular cast stronger depending on how they face their other selves in the story mode that's going to happen. (PERSONA SERIES SPOILERS):
Even if the shadows are more akin to the shadows from Persona 2, some of the most growth we saw from those characters or insight into them happen with those confrontations, just like in Persona 4.

Nachos

So, is it safe to breathe a sigh of relief now with the Sega situation, or am I still on pins and needles finding out what's to come of Atlus USA.

...an Atlus USA announcement would go a long way right about now guys....

And yeah, shadows are going to steal the entire show in P4A2, aren't they? I mean, I guess it may make the regular cast stronger depending on how they face their other selves in the story mode that's going to happen. (PERSONA SERIES SPOILERS):
Even if the shadows are more akin to the shadows from Persona 2, some of the most growth we saw from those characters or insight into them happen with those confrontations, just like in Persona 4.

Well, they did just announce the host of deals they've got going on, so they're still operating at some capacity. Still, it seems like the future is still uncertain until we get anther localization announcement, assuming they don't make an announcement about their situation officially. Aquapazza just came out, but that could very well just be them finishing off contractual duties.

Also, I've been away for a bit, but did they announce how the new shadows work in the story mode? Obviously some form of them had to give way to the personae, but it just seems like the things could just spawn indefinitely, especially if it turns out that ol' Nyaryly is involved.

Kssio_Aug

Im new at Persona games, but Ive already realised how important are Social Links. I would like to know, if you could recommend me a guide to maximize my S-Links, and also hints about tactics in combat and dungeons survivor.

Im at the day 18/04,
just after Chie gets her Persona

I would also like to know if I should concentrate 100% at S-Link, and, just do the dungeons when its necessary for me to enter one, and finish it in one run (and also, try to maximize my Personas in that run). Is that really possible, or is it too much risky?

Thanks in advance!

Ps.: Im playing Persona 4 Golden.

Im new at Persona games, but Ive already realised how important are Social Links. I would like to know, if you could recommend mt a guide to maximize my S-Links, and also hints about tactics in combat and dungeons survivor.

Im at the day 18/04,
just after Chie gets her Persona

I would also like to know if I should concentrate 100% at S-Link, and, just do the dungeons when its necessary for me to enter one, and finish it in one run (and also, try to maximize my Personas in that run). Is that really possible, or is it too much risky?

Thanks in advance!

Ps.: Im playing Persona 4 Golden.

Use this guide for max S.links. It tells you the day which you should complete the dungeons.

Also remember to always have a matching Persona when you spend a day with someone.

Sophia

You shouldn't worry about trying to max out Social Links on your first playthrough of your very first Persona game. While maxing them all out IS possible, it's meant for experts who have an understanding of how to get each Persona early on and know where everything is at. Something you lack.

Just play naturally without a guide. You'll learn it all before long.

As for your question, most dungeons can be done in a single day with a bit of effort. There are means in the dungeons (however slightly grindy they are early on) to restore SP. Eventually you'll get access to the Fox who can restore SP for a price.

Many players opt to do the dungeon as soon as possible so that they can maximize time on social links later on. Some players who are confident in their skills also wait to the last possible second, and do them on the rainy days for even bigger benefits.

Those Personas I should match, how do I get them?
Sorry if its a HUGE newbie question, but Im really lost at the game system yet.

And thanks a lot for the guide, btw!

You get them either from dungeon shuffles after you finished beating an enemy, or from fusing two Personas to get the type of Persona you need in the Velvet room.

Here's a fusion recipe list, But I'm not sure if it works for Golden or just for vanilla.

Kssio_Aug

You shouldn't worry about trying to max out Social Links on your first playthrough of your very first Persona game. While maxing them all out IS possible, it's meant for experts who have an understanding of how to get each Persona early on and know where everything is at. Something you lack.

Just play naturally without a guide. You'll learn it all before long.

As for your question, most dungeons can be done in a single day with a bit of effort. There are means in the dungeons (however slightly grindy they are early on) to restore SP. Eventually you'll get access to the Fox who can restore SP for a price.

Many players opt to do the dungeon as soon as possible so that they can maximize time on social links later on. Some players who are confident in their skills also wait to the last possible second, and do them on the rainy days for even bigger benefits.

Yeah, I would kind of prefer to finish a 1st playtrough without have to worry about a guide in fact. But you think its possible to finish the game without a guide, or the chances of fail will be too much high?

You get them either from dungeon shuffles after you finished beating an enemy, or from fusing two Personas to get the type of Persona you need in the Velvet room.

Here's a fusion recipe list, But I'm not sure if it works for Golden or just for vanilla.

Thanks again for this other guide.
But now, I dont know if I should play the 1st playtrhough by myself, and do in a future a second one to maximise benefits, or if I should follow a guide at start.

Sophia

Yeah, I would kind of prefer to finish a 1st playtrough without have to worry about a guide in fact. But you think its possible to finish the game without a guide, or the chances of fail will be too much high?

You do not need a guide for your first playthrough. Maxing out social links is optional with one exception. That exception being Marie. Just play the game naturally. :p

Thanks again for this other guide.
But now, I dont know if I should play the 1st playtrhough by myself, and do in a future a second one to maximise benefits, or if I should follow a guide at start.

If you have time to play through the game again, Don't use the guide. You don't need it to finish the game.

Kssio_Aug

If you have time to play through the game again, Don't use the guide. You don't need it to finish the game.

You do not need a guide for your first playthrough. Maxing out social links is optional with one exception. That exception being Marie. Just play the game naturally. :p

Thankyou, both!
Also, im playing at normal difficult. If I want to try a platinum trophy after finisht my 1st try without a guide. It would be possible to platinum at the 2nd playthrough?
Of course, im talking here about a loong range of time, because i dont really have that much time for playing actually. But its doable in long terms.

Sophia

Thanks!
Also, im playing at normal difficult. If I want to try a platinum trophy after finisht my 1st try without a guide. It would be possible to platinum at the 2nd playthrough?

Difficulty selection is irrelevant to getting a Platinum trophy. However, getting the Platinum is pretty hard in this game because there's a few trophies that are difficult to get thanks to obscurity. It may take up to a third playthrough to do so.

Meia

Yeah, if you want to do a 100% slink playthrough, you MUST follow a guide explicitly, no changing anything on it unless you have a deep understanding of what you're doing.

It's always easier to do on a Game + playthrough as all of your social stats carry over from one game to the next, and this is what takes up a LOT of free time in a new game to begin with.

If you want to do a dungeon run in one day, you easily can, just keep in mind a few things:

1) The first dungeon is the hardest to accomplish this in, as you don't have access to a way to instantly restore all of your SP in a dungeon yet.

2) As this is the case, make sure you buy sodas from the vending machines every week. They restock every Monday, and you can buy only 5 from each machine. The one near the item store has TaP that restores 10 SP, and the one at the far end of the other part of the shopping district has 3 different types that all restore 5 SP.

3) Early on, you may want to stock up on Tiny Tomatoes or whatever, that restore 20 SP each.

4) I know it's a force of habit almost to hoarde SP recovery items, but don't worry about it in this first dungeon, go for broke if you want to finish it in one day.

*DON'T HIGHLIGHT THIS ONE IF YOU WANT A CHALLENGE*

5) The two most important personas in the first dungeon are Slime for it's Resist Physical ability, and Ukobach for it's Resist Fire ability. This is probably going to be one of the only dungeons you want to level grind a bit, and then fuse these two into a new Persona when you get to the last boss in the dungeon(or before if it has a useful ability like Media that you have to level into).

I'd probably say for a first playthrough there's nothing wrong with going in blind, but keep in mind the first dungeon is likely the hardest in the game as you won't have half the tools you will for even the next dungeon. As you said, social links are vastly important, and you won't have much of a chance to do much of them til later. Team mates won't be available if there's someone that needs rescuing, and there really aren't any good personas early on for the arcanas that you do get access to in the first month(that aren't party members).

If you want to min/max without looking at a guide, the best advice I could probably give you is to save dungeon explorations for when it's raining, as a lot of other social links are closed off when this happens. You don't want to abuse this too much though as the 3k yen Aiya challenge is a great way to raise social stats early on.

EDIT: Also there's something you cannot do trophy wise until a game + anyway, so really don't worry about finishing everything in one, as it's not possible to. :)

Kssio_Aug

Difficulty selection is irrelevant to getting a Platinum trophy. However, getting the Platinum is pretty hard in this game because there's a few trophies that are difficult to get thanks to obscurity. It may take up to a third playthrough to do so.

Ok, thanks! I think I will just enjoy the game withou compromises of maximize or getting hard trohies! After I finish it (that may take a while) I consider myself trying for platinum or harder difficults.

Thanks again! You both really helped me!

Dantis

2chibi4me.

Good art though. Almost looks authentic.

EDIT: In fact, it just looks pretty much spot on. Impressive stuff.

Kssio_Aug

Guys, what about if I start the game at very easy?

Im thinking about playing it the 1st time at very easy, once my PS4 is to come, and I have plenty of other games to play and not so much time to do so. Also, how it is my 1st Persona ever, I may use it to understand the game system.

But will I have any fun on playing it at very easy? Should I just keep it up with normal?

Thanks

Sophia

Im thinking about playing it the 1st time at very easy, once my PS4 is to come, and I have plenty of other games to play and not so much time to do so. Also, how it is my 1st Persona ever, I may use it to understand the game system.

But will I have any fun on playing it at very easy? Should I just keep it up with normal?

Thanks

Someone in chat said it best: You're way overthinking your playthrough. Just keep playing on normal and enjoy your game.

Meia

Thanks

Honestly, the game itself is very easy to begin with, so long as you get good at hitting an enemy's weakness, and covering your own when you can. The game really is only as difficult as you make it. If you keep track of the MC's personas, that they're both never that far behind your party's level, and that you keep a nice balance of elementals, you should do fine.

Though Very Easy may be a good place to start for anyone that doesn't know the systems all that well, Easy may be better(as I think there's a Easy between that and normal iirc). The game gets blindingly easier the further in you go too.

Kssio_Aug

Someone in chat said it best: You're way overthinking your playthrough. Just keep playing on normal and enjoy your game.

Honestly, the game itself is very easy to begin with, so long as you get good at hitting an enemy's weakness, and covering your own when you can. The game really is only as difficult as you make it. If you keep track of the MC's personas, that they're both never that far behind your party's level, and that you keep a nice balance of elementals, you should do fine.

Though Very Easy may be a good place to start for anyone that doesn't know the systems all that well, Easy may be better(as I think there's a Easy between that and normal iirc). The game gets blindingly easier the further in you go too.

Ok then, I made up my mind. I'll stick it up with normal mode then!
Thanks a lot!

Soriku

Thanks

1. Play on a difficulty you feel comfortable with.

2. Fuck trophies.

3. The game systems aren't complicated. It's useless to play on the easiest difficulty in any game because you'll understand nearly everything in a couple hours at most anyway.

4. You don't need a guide for the most part. However, I would recommend peeking at one eventually because later in the game you'll have to make choices that affect your ending (if you get an ending where you go "WTF, that's it?" at, don't save, restart). Also the true ending is easily missable. Without spoiling, when you're on the last day (you'll know when it is), peek at a guide.

Also in P4G if you max out Marie's social link you'll get to do more stuff.

Oh and try to avoid Youtube with Persona. Spoilers are everywhere.

fertygo

Thanks

You're overthinking this, My first experience with Persona is P4 Vanilla on 2008, I manage to beat it just fine.. the mechanic isn't hard at all, its just playing with your anxiety at first.

Necrovex

Thanks

P4G isn't hard at all thanks to the new mechanics.

P3P is a pain in my ass though, since the enemy seems to always succeed on their death spells where I always fail on mine, even if they are weak to it.

Kssio_Aug

Yeah, I think you all are right. I will just play it how its meant to be (normal, no guide).

So, I basically need to:
-Pay attention at the days weather.
-Do the dungeon when it starts to rain.
-Buy the most I can of sodas before the dungeons.
-Pay attention at enemies weaknesses.
-Try to finish the dungeon in 1-2 days.
-Kill the Golden Hands.
-Pay attention at the dialogs, to answear it at the best I can to gain s-link points (Ill not use a guide for this).

Any hint about the fusions, and at the Personas I should get? Or its knowledge will come natturally?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom