• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Yosuke would listen to Nickelback and Linkin Park, that's the sad park.

Scratch that--happening this weekend sometime. Again, spots open.

EVERYTIME I DO IT MAKES ME LAUGH.
I can do it if you can't find anyone.

Junpei looks odd to play, but really fun. More technical than combo heavy, which I can get behind.

Caladrius

I didn't need more reasons to dislike Yosuke. Where's my hipster cannon when I need it?

(On an unrelated note I finished my Danger Mario run of Paper Mario. I have come to the conclusion that regular playthroughs are more fun and less repetitive. The strongest bosses with the exception of Bowser weren't that much more difficult than normal. You also have to end up avoiding or instant kill-spamming (gives no exp.) the rest of the enemies after about chapter 5 because you can't go past a certain level before the setup falls apart.
Not that anyone cares about any of this.
)

The point of my post was absolutely not to brag about this not-terribly-bragworthy occasion. It's the first time I've done a self-imposed challenge before, if nothing else.

So for the PersonaGAF members that live in America, what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?

Spending the day at my family's house, stuffed from too much good food and watching Green Bay get their asses kicked. We'll be commencing with the dessert-dinner soon enough, if I can muster the strength...

Happy Thanksgiving to PersonaGAF! (or Thanksgivukkah to those who celebrate! :p)

EDIT:

You're a big fan of Project Diva so sure, sounds good. Still working out a time. I gave LolipopDave, Todd, and TrueSelf priority since they wanted to be on the last one--have only heard back from Dave currently.

Keats and I are working out a time. Will keep you posted, Moonlight.

I'm up for this; so we're going this weekend instead of the 7th/8th now? Gotta make the rounds on PQ and P4D news to get ready then... if I can get caught up on all the Ultimax stuff first!

Speaking of which, Shadow Yukari is best Shadow. :D Gotta get a new avatar of that VS. screen picture!

PK Gaming

Footage of Chie's updated moveset and Persona!Sho.

-It's worth noting that her new Persona attack (2C) freezes the opponent now. I'm so glad they didn't forget that Tomoe had an affinity to Ice haha.
-Persona!Sho can freaking teleport. We DBZ now.
-Persona!Sho's moveset is super flashy, aggressive and dark. He's definitely not a "regular" Persona user.

Theory time X2:
-I think Sho is partially motivated by envy. He's probably really jealous of Persona users, and that could be why he collaborated with the big bad in order to obtain one. Or perhaps, he might already be confident in his abilities and was possibly forced into taking on that Persona. Either way, as a Persona user he's completely different.

Are there OTs for Ultimax, PQ, P4D, and P5? I feel like there's a lot of new information coming - especially for Ultimax - and I want to make sure I'm not missing a lot outside of this thread...

Caladrius

Are there OTs for Ultimax, PQ, P4D, and P5? I feel like there's a lot of new information coming - especially for Ultimax - and I want to make sure I'm not missing a lot outside of this thread...

|OT|s aren't made until a week or two before the game launches. People usually just make a topic if there's news.

Moonlight

Banned
OTs usually only go up when the game in question is released or close to that in one region or another. So, there's nothing to worry about on that front for now.

Yosuke vs Junpei gameplay

I like how all of Junpei's attacks feel meaty.

They did a great job with his moveset

EDIT: Sho's got a legitimately cool moveset. I can't wait to see how he ights with his Persona.
EDIT2: Moves and costumes for the new characters
Man, Junpei looks amazing.

I also know for a fact, looking at him, that I am going to be absolutely awful at using him.

Squire

Banned

There's a thread for all of them, but I think Flux is only posting the P4A2 material here, so you probably haven't missed anything. Big stuff is always cross-posted anyway.

The P4A2 opening is awesome. I has no time to watch yesterday, but it's great.

Moonlight

Banned
To submit my opinion on the P4A2 opening, I don't really like it. Something about it and how it moves just does not work for me at all. It just looks kind of cheap and ugly. There's a few cool transitions, but otherwise I am not a fan at all.

Also, Teddie licking his lips is legitimately terrifying.

Stark

Banned
To submit my opinion on the P4A2 opening, I don't really like it. Something about it and how it moves just does not work for me at all. It just looks kind of cheap and ugly. There's a few cool transitions, but otherwise I am not a fan at all.

The P4A1 opening had a lot more effects. Just made it look better.

Squire

Banned

I want art of Rise leaning on Teddie like that. What a great reference.

Squire

Banned
Hmm? What's it a reference to?

The swimsuit she's wearing is...

fz345yY.jpg

Which will probably be a costume in P4D, thinking about it.

EMT0

Banned
Are you sure? It looked more like what her Shadow wore to me, although I wasn't really paying attention during the intro.

Rise wore that in the opening of P4, so when she was still an idol. So yeah....fanservice. And not the kind most of us enjoy(just some of us)

Daimaou

The swimsuit she's wearing is...

Which will probably be a costume in P4D, thinking about it.

Are you sure? It looked more like what her Shadow wore to me, although I wasn't really paying attention during the intro.

It's not. The one she's wearing in the opening has a butterfly on it and the bottoms are a single color. It does seem to come up in the front in a similar way.

Rise wore that in the opening of P4, so when she was still an idol. So yeah....fanservice. And not the kind most of us enjoy(just some of us)

It's not that one either.

Edit: For reference.
dGyQOFa.jpg

Squire

Banned

Well, when you see Rise on that poster and in that commercial when you start P4, you judge her, which is a big point of the game; Judging people you don't actually know.

As far as P4A/D go though, the fanssrvice is half the motivation.

Edit: You have some eye for detail, Dai!

SoulUnison

Banned
Love the two IK's so far. Guessing the shadow versions don't have their own, cause that would be awesome. Not really a fan of the change of IK music though. I like Time to Make History, but Fog was way superior in that role.

Fog absolutely MADE the IKs. It's just awkward having a lyrical song in that spot. It never gets to even finish the section of the song that plays.

Daimaou

Well, when you see Rise on that poster and in that commercial when you start P4, you judge her, which is a big point of the game; Judging people you don't actually know.

As far as P4A/D go though, the fanssrvice is half the motivation.

Edit: You have some eye for detail, Dai!

Only when it comes to anime girls in bikinis, apparently.

Dantis

That's exactly what I thought.

I'm also not a fan of swimsuit figures. It's my no go area.

Oh and Dantis, I got DOA5U free today from Tecmo's twitter. No idea what is going on.

I have literally only just seen this. Could have gotten myself a free game that I'd never play!

Did you manage to get anything else?

Sophia

I should point out that the gender ratio comes from the Wald 9 Cinema, one of Tokyo's biggest movie theaters. Not a representation of the fanbase as a whole, technically. Still, that ratio is impressive compared to the usual male dominance that comes with video game adaptations.

Squire

Banned
Siliconera article on the Persona 3 movie.

Apparently, it did really good. 7th overall in Japan going up against a Ghibli film and showing on a fraction of movie theaters, 1st for Japanese Mini-Theater rankings, good word of mouth, and a rather impressive 4:6 gender ratio in favor of females.

Now seems like a good time to mention I don't understand why people keep saying there's "no chance in hell" (or what have you) of them going with a female only MC in P5...

Edit: LOL beaten by a bunch of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom