• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't either, hence why I want a FeMC option at all. FeMC was so interesting to me because she took a life of her own that I couldn't directly identify with.

Bu-but Makoto has his own personality as well, sure its more subdued and maybe not written as well as FeMC, but its there.

You'll see when the P3 movie comes stateside, I'm sure they'll develop his character loads in the movie just like what they did with Yu in the anime.

PK Gaming

tumblr_mwzt3lQsIy1sv39x2o1_500.jpg

I don't remember the P4A manga looking this good!!!

Moonlight

Banned
YES Anna is amazing. But if you like her, and I like her...

Rp4Foe2.gif
DxNAjpKh.png

Bu-but Makoto has his own personality as well, sure its more subdued and maybe not written as well as FeMC, but its there.

You'll see when the P3 movie comes stateside, I'm sure they'll develop his character loads in the movie just like what they did with Yu in the anime.
I don't mean to say that Makoto was entirely without personality, and I'm sure (and I've heard) that the movie is going to do wonders for his appeal as a real character, but FeMC was just such a refreshing take over him and Yu.

Also, I think the problem was that I identified a little too directly with Makoto when I first played P3. :p

FluxWaveZ

Manga's questionable, but the movie I'm sure will be localized sooner than later.

I've heard that it's pretty much directly what happens in the game, but I'd still like to read it.

Usually, I'd think a western release for the movie would be inevitable, but the P3 movie release format as well as what it is makes me rather uncertain.

Sophia

I've heard that it's pretty much directly what happens in the game, but I'd still like to read it.

Usually, I'd think a western release for the movie would be inevitable, but the P3 movie release format as well as what it is makes me rather uncertain.

There is no doubt they'll release the movies. Worst case scenario Sentai picks them up. Best case scenario Aniplex does actual theater releases. I'm hoping for the later because I want to actually see it on the big screen. :S

Squire

Banned
I don't get why some people cant identify or relate to characters of the opposite gender, GUESS WHO I RELATE TO...TAKE ONE GUESS....

Lets Positive Thinking yo.

Different people are different.

News at 11. :b

There is no doubt they'll release the movies. Worst case scenario Sentai picks them up. Best case scenario Aniplex does actual theater releases. I'm hoping for the later because I want to actually see it on the big screen. :S

Sentai's sort of shitty. I hope Aniplex gives them to FUNi. They know how to write and they'd still just cast the actors from the game.

cjkeats

Has Aniplex ever given over something to someone else instead of just releasing it themselves? They have a US branch, after all.
I don't know if it would come to the theatres. :/

Everyone groaned when it was announced that Aniplex was handling the movie.

I was giddy cause they are constantly bringing movies to theatres. I would believe this would have more international appeal than Madoka and Blue Exorcist and that Flower We Saw That Day movie, which are all coming.

No one expects runs like normal movies, but one night showings are a definite possibility.

Stark

Banned
It is kind of niche. Also Cordelia and Stahl are my favorites.

Stahl is awesome.

Has Aniplex ever given over something to someone else instead of just releasing it themselves? They have a US branch, after all.

Everyone groaned when it was announced that Aniplex was handling the movie.

I was giddy cause they are constantly bringing movies to theatres. I would believe this would have more international appeal than Madoka and Blue Exorcist and that Flower We Saw That Day movie, which are all coming.

No one expects runs like normal movies, but one night showings are a definite possibility.

Oh? Ano Hana is coming to theatres? I didn't know that. And Aniplex has been confirmed already or you talking about Madoka?

cj_iwakura

Sheesh, only place with a decent Vita spcial is GameStop and it's the same old $199 Walking Dead Bundle. How else will I play
Ys------
4 on the go?

Squire

Banned

Yeah, I know. I thought Fate/zero was like that, but I guess not.

They had a great staff/cast for the dub for F/z though. Anyone is better than Sentai, is what I'm getting at.

cjkeats

Oh? Ano Hana is coming to theatres? I didn't know that. And Aniplex has been confirmed already or you talking about Madoka?

Aniplex are involved in everything I mentioned, including the P3 movie.
They're distributing it, but Aniplex USA hasn't mentioned it yet. This seems like a special case where they'd wait to dub it before showing it around these parts.

Stark

Banned
Aniplex are involved in everything I mentioned, including the P3 movie.
They're distributing it, but Aniplex USA hasn't mentioned it yet. This seems like a special case where they'd wait to dub it before showing it around these parts.

Ohh okay. Sweet. That lifts my hopes up quite a bit.

Sophia

Numerous things. Usually when they don't see the potential to rip off their fanbase with overpriced DVD/Blu-Ray sets ;p

Levito

Banned
I don't get why some people cant identify or relate to characters of the opposite gender, GUESS WHO I RELATE TO...TAKE ONE GUESS....

Lets Positive Thinking yo.

Unfortunately there's no way to answer this without enticing what would probably be an ugly debate. :(

But yeah, we're all humans--all the same species regardless of race, gender, or sexuality. It's a god damned crying shame when someone says they wont identify with "x-character" cause of the aforementioned reasons.

Ya'll mothefuckas need to play Gone Home.

Numerous things. Usually when they don't see the potential to rip off their fanbase with overpriced DVD/Blu-Ray sets ;p

That's the only thing I don't like about them, I don't think it would be so bad if the price their justifying for sale was comparable to amount of extras you're getting (on disc and other goodies they throw in).

Gazoinks

Ya'll mothefuckas need to play Gone Home.

I want to! Looks right up my alley, but I haven't had the moneys to buy it.

I really am looking forward to the movie, hope it at least gets a decent US theater release. What they did with Makoto looks awesome. Also no Kenji and more Junpei.

EDIT: I just discovered Atlus made the Friday the 13th NES game. And here I thought they couldn't get any better.

King Fost

Neo Member
Yup. It's a bit like Fire Emblem, where people latch onto it despite its insignificance.

Thing is, it actually is significant to Awakening, because the developers were trying to appeal to that really creepy brand of fan that lusts after video game characters and uses the term waifu unironically (that word needs to fucking die by the way). I really hope that Atlus doesn't do the same thing with the minor dating stuff because that would make things really unbearable.

FluxWaveZ

Thing is, it actually is significant to Awakening, because the developers were trying to appeal to that really creepy brand of fan that lusts after video game characters and uses the term waifu unironically (that word needs to fucking die by the way). I really hope that Atlus doesn't do the same thing with the minor dating stuff because that would make things really unbearable.

I'm somewhat inclined to agree with this. There's NOTHING close to Nowi in any Persona game.

Caladrius

Also no Kenji and more Junpei.

There should be a Junpei one man show.

Also I've always wanted a gay protagonist in a videogame but gamer demographics, marketing and the law of narrow interests means I'm going to have to keep dreaming.

There are no ulterior motives for wanting this.

cj_iwakura

Also I've always wanted a gay protagonist in a videogame but gamer demographics, marketing and the law of narrow interests means I'm going to have to keep dreaming.

Well, there's Fear Effect's Hana Tsu-Vachel. Amazing game too.

Gazoinks

No there should be a spin-off where you play Junpei S.Linking with Junpei, Junpei, and Junpei with a ribbon, and fighting Shadow Junpeis.

As far as MCs go, I would honestly roll with whatever. As a white heterosexual guy, I would have no issues from a comfort or relatability side playing a girl, a gay guy, a gay girl, or an amorphous ooze from the planet Smorgasbord 5. I'm up for anything, really. But I also like roleplaying games and acting, so I probably get into a character more than some people?

PK Gaming

SHIT! I'M LOOKING AT THE P4D SCAN!

LOOK AT IZANAGI.

He's just about ready to bust a move.

EDIT: The official art for Yu is so good.

Gazoinks

SHIT! I'M LOOKING AT THE P4D SCAN!

LOOK AT IZANAGI.

He's just about ready to bust a move.

EDIT: The official art for Yu is so good.

Hype for dancing increased 100%. So fabulous. So glad people use their Personae in their dance, too. I feel like this is totally something anime Yu would do.

Caladrius

I really have to say again how well Yu has translated to semi-HD.

The P3/4 models really do the character designs a disservice, especially when you compare them to Nocturne, which came out nearly 5 years before hand by the time P4 came out. I was annoyed when they wasted the chance to touch up the models significantly for Golden. The "fanservice" outfits look downright awful because of it.

No there should be a spin-off where you play Junpei S.Linking with Junpei, Junpei, and Junpei with a ribbon, and fighting Shadow Junpeis.

As far as MCs go, I would honestly roll with whatever. As a white heterosexual guy, I would have no issues from a comfort or relatability side playing a girl, a gay guy, a gay girl, or an amorphous ooze from the planet Smorgasbord 5. I'm up for anything, really. But I also like roleplaying games and acting, so I probably get into a character more than some people?

If only the masses were so accommodating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom