• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

Can't wait until the week ends (literally. I need to upload a homework on Sunday, and it isn't anywhere near done yet). I missed quite a few good conversations back there :(

Someone obviously hasn't played Ouendan, EBA, or Space Channel 5.

Dance > combat.

Everybody should play Oendan/EBA before P4D hits, so everyone knows how dancing can save everyone and everything, even a planet from a crashing meteorite.
Ouendan is probably my favorite rhythm game ever, so I might be biased towards it (never played SC5)

Levito

Banned
The podcast really needs to do a Christmas Special. I'd be willing to do a live cover of Snowflakes on the violin for the opening music! >_<

So far there are 3 eps planned in the future: Persona Q/Dance Episode this Saturday, Persona 4 Arena Suplex episode with Lordknight(omg so hyped) and Dacidbro on the 13th. Then we're doing a Casual Saturdays for our GOTY picks.

Yuri will be coming on in the new year, and I pray that Lotus Juice can still find the time.

If you can think of a reason for a "Christmas Episode", then we'll do it Scrafty! :)

(that's pretty cool though, would love to hear your cover :D )

Squire

Banned
Oh, I forgot the episode for GOTY picks. We could just include Christmas wishes at the end of that. I'd love to hear your cover of "Snowflakes", Scrafty!

Also, Soejima has to be one of the best artists in games. Top 10 at least.

bEIKzGN.jpg

HWelK2S.jpg

PK Gaming

You just reminded me that I need to get my hands on the Soejima's official design works A.S.A.P.

Also did he really draw Mitsuru in the battle panties, haha that's awesome.
So far there are 3 eps planned in the future: Persona Q/Dance Episode this Saturday, Persona 4 Arena Suplex episode with Lordknight(omg so hyped) and Dacidbro on the 13th. Then we're doing a Casual Saturdays for our GOTY picks.

Yuri will be coming on in the new year, and I pray that Lotus Juice can still find the time.

If you can think of a reason for a "Christmas Episode", then we'll do it Scrafty! :)

(that's pretty cool though, would love to hear your cover :D )

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

cjkeats

Those are scans right from Soejima's official design works, and yes you should buy it. It's amazing.
I love the sketch of Yu and Makoto so much. And the little Teddie up there.

Marche90

I really, really love Soejima's artworks. It gets to a point where going back to standard designs gets a bit rough, haha.

You just reminded me that I need to get my hands on the Soejima's official design works A.S.A.P.

Also did he really draw Mitsuru in the battle panties, haha that's awesome.

You reminded me that I said that I would buy it "soon". It was a few months ago :|

Rhapsody

Banned
I love Soejima's sketches. Makes good use of the blacks and whites. Gives things a more "real" look on how he makes certain features stand out.

Gazoinks

Man, those are gorgeous sketches. Love the noiry Dojima, might have to pick up that artbook sometime.

I leave to watch Wolf Children and this great page greets me on my return.

Squire

Banned

Levito with the sick celebrity hook-ups. It's all you, dawg!

Those are scans right from Soejima's official design works, and yes you should buy it. It's amazing.
I love the sketch of Yu and Makoto so much. And the little Teddie up there.

I love hard-boiled Dojima and the more sultry Yukiko. Even with simple sketches he communicates a ton about the characters.

Edit: The shadow on Mitsuru is a great touch, too.

Yeah, the art looks awesome, I like the one with Yu and that headband, he looks so determined and ready for battle. And Dojima too, that art style fits him so well.

cjkeats

Shame the Arena Design Works never made it out in time for black friday, I picked up 4 new art books from Chapters buy three, get one free deal.
Still, not much longer.

One of the standout parts of both Soejima and Kaneko's art are the eyes. Kaneko is obvious, but there's a certain vibrancy in Soejima's eyes that really catches my vision. I enjoyed his (for the most part) more down-to-earth, realistic designs in Catherine, excited to see what he's come up with for P5.

Squire

Banned
Heh, LordKnight...

Ooooooooh....
I actually have no idea how to read this.

One of the standout parts of both Soejima and Kaneko's art are the eyes. Kaneko is obvious, but there's a certain vibrancy in Soejima's eyes that really catches my vision. I enjoyed his (for the most part) more down-to-earth, realistic designs in Catherine, excited to see what he's come up with for P5.

I like how legitimately sexy Catherine is without being completely pandering.

Rhapsody

Banned
Watching some of those Game Chariot vids of P4U2. Game looks so fun.
The new auto combos looks pretty flashy and cool too.

Next year's going to be a fun year in terms of Persona.

Dantis

Shame the Arena Design Works never made it out in time for black friday, I picked up 4 new art books from Chapters buy three, get one free deal.
Still, not much longer.

There's not much Soejima in it at all, I don't think. Just the sketches for the new characters, the story and character select portraits and the front cover.

His art in general has gotten more down to Earth. It's become ridiculously precise.

Nachos

So with Dancing All Night sounding more and more like Ouendan/EBA, I'm really hoping they do something akin to the Christmas mission.

EDIT: Oh, and I can never get sick of the logos for DAN or Q. Epitome of funk.

Oh, I forgot the episode for GOTY picks. We could just include Christmas wishes at the end of that. I'd love to hear your cover of "Snowflakes", Scrafty!

Yeah, that sounds great! I'd love to get in on a more low-key GOTY episode. Would that one be recording on the 21st/22nd or so?

Jintor

Also, Soejima has to be one of the best artists in games. Top 10 at least.

I still can't believe he managed to make that stupid battle armour look kind of badass. (Though still overtly fanservice).

I was at a cosplay party today and the first dude I saw was in a Yasogami uniform, turned out to be a friend I hadn't seen for a few years. Was great, we chatted a bit. Later I saw a Yukiko in that distinctive red jacket, she looked rad.

It was a dude cross-dressing and pulling it off

pan-hime

tumblr_mx0fl5WiU71sxkxzuo2_500.png

Labrys arcade mode translation.
some caps:
spoiler
Labrys: "Gotcha! The one who manipulated me back then and caused everyone so much trouble&#8230; And the whole mess from today, too! You&#8217;re the one who planned it all, aren&#8217;cha!?"

Sho: "Oho, the puppet has awakened. What a respectable developement. That you are already able to bring forth such individual emotion is remarkable. I see, your wish for revenge on Kirijo seems to have disappeared as well?"
It was Sho?!

Sophia

Mother of god.... P4A2 spoils
A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from Sho.

My initial out of the ballpark guess may have been right after all..... o_o

Sophia

Maybe.
Don't they also help with summoning a Persona? That could explain why he doesn't have one at the start.

Some P3 side materials and P4A spoilers:
The Plumes of Dusk apparently come from Nyx (as evident by the fact that they're labeled as "nyxwing" in the P4A disc), and have the quality to give birth to life.

So they don't outright help with a Persona, but they give you the same potential to summon one.

So they don't outright help with a Persona, but they give you the same potential to summon one.

Maybe this is why he's trying to get to Aegis first. Maybe he kills one of the robots to take their core and use it to summon his own Persona. This could be a way to remove Labrys from the story too :p

Obviously he's really
just a Plume of Dusk junkie.
Got to have that fix.

Sophia

Well, there are potentially other applications for a
Plume of Dusk, seeing as you start Beginner/Easy in P3 with 10 or 30 of them.

Not enough to say for sure about Sho either way. Guess we'll be waiting for the full story mode.

3 is enough

Metis Labrys is all the robot girl we need.

Well, there are potentially other applications for a
Plume of Dusk, seeing as you start Beginner/Easy in P3 with 10 or 30 of them.

Not enough to say for sure about Sho either way. Guess we'll be waiting for the full story mode.

Was thinking this too, but that seems to me more like a gameplay mechanic than actually being story related.

It was Sho?!

He doesn't straight up say it, but it sure looks like it could of been him. Or he is just aware of the events that happened prior to P4A2.

Caladrius

I'm convinced that
MINAZUKI is a doppelganger that's an avatar of the real perpetrator. Kirijo robots drop the formal register after they've developed a personality

I'm convinced that
MINAZUKI is a doppelganger that's an avatar of the real perpetrator. Kirijo robots drop the formal register after they've developed a personality

Maybe, in all honesty I don't think he's a robot.
I guess it's not that long till we find out for sure. . .

I might get Persona 4 this Christmas :0

That's great, I hope you enjoy it! You're getting Golden on Vita I assume?

Wow, no way
ANOTHER robot???

My theory
Sho died, and was temporarily brought back to life via the dusk plum.

Pretty interesting theory,
Malevolent Entity could be the one who brings him back, in return he has to do something for him. Making Sho not really a bad guy.

Now I just want to know what the actual story is :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom