• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

So to make it up to you guys, I've found exclusive P4A2 images

Check it:

tumblr_mwzutfRWMM1r7e1r2o2_500.gif

tumblr_mwzutfRWMM1r7e1r2o3_500.gif

tumblr_mwzutfRWMM1r7e1r2o1_500.gif

Neoxon

Bu-but Makoto has his own personality as well, sure its more subdued and maybe not written as well as FeMC, but its there.

You'll see when the P3 movie comes stateside, I'm sure they'll develop his character loads in the movie just like what they did with Yu in the anime.
They actually did...
Richard Eisenbeis said:
Makoto Yuki (the official name of the P3 protagonist) begins the film as a broken character. He is ambivalent to everything in life—even his own death. But being ambivalent doesn't mean he is evil. Instead, it simply means he is as likely to help a person as not (and likely to do anything he is asked to do by another as he has no reason to refuse). His character growth—his gradual movement towards making true friends—is at the heart of this film and is what gives the film a suitable sense of completion even though it’s obvious the P3 story is far from over.
Spring of Birth covers the first 3 full moons. Since most of the plot twists occur later, Makoto's character development drives much of the movie.

fertygo

I want FeMC as option because.

1. Soejima always ensure the protagonist design to be special, From Makoto to Yu. P3P's one is really awesome and I can't help to want more female character that designed with mindset like that from Soejima.

2. Its certainly not about playing as waifu thing, come on the dating stuff are even more awkward than normally is LOL
But its sure more amusing, also Rio and Saori SL are very refreshing than your normal boy friend.

Neoxon

I'm just hoping the P3 movies get a theatrical release in the States....at least in select theaters. Unlikely, I know, but a guy can dream.

As for the dubbing studio, I guess Funimation could do it. I've heard bad things about Sentai, even though they'll both likely get the main cast from the game (sans Fuuka, & even then they'd get her P4A voice actress). To be fair, Sentai did a decent job with the P4 anime, even with Troy Baker gone for a honeymoon for the second half of the anime.

FluxWaveZ

Reading the translated scans... "from what I've been hearing, four of the members from Kanamin Kitchen [this idol group name sucks, btw] have gone missing", Rise tells Yu looking totally unaffected.

The moment I'd hear that I'd need to dance with my Persona in order to save them... well, I don't know what I'd think. Wonder if Kanamin herself will gain a Persona to dance the Shadows away.

Dr. Buni

I want FeMC as option because.

1. Soejima always ensure the protagonist design to be special, From Makoto to Yu. P3P's one is really awesome and I can't help to want more female character that designed with mindset like that from Soejima.

2. Its certainly not about playing as waifu thing, come on the dating stuff are even more awkward than normally is LOL
But its sure more amusing, also Rio and Saori SL are very refreshing than your normal boy friend.
From what I've seen, very few people are against a FeMC and the majority either want it or wouldn't mind, as long as there is MaleMC as well in the game. I am personally holding down my hype for P5, until they reveal the protagonist(s) of the game. If there is a FeMC, I will hype the game as much as possible... If not, I will still likely play it, but meh... It will not be hype worthy imo.

FluxWaveZ

This sounds like the dumbest thing ever.

I love it.

"Rise Kujikawa, having made her return to the spotlight as an idol, stumbles upon a string of disappearances involving her fellow idols. Could the power of dance be the key to solving the case this time around!?"

I need to know how this makes any sense.

Also, it sounds like the "Midnight Stage" is through the internet and not the television, this time around.

Gazoinks

"Rise Kujikawa, having made her return to the spotlight as an idol, stumbles upon a string of disappearances involving her fellow idols. Could the power of dance be the key to solving the case this time around!?"

I love this so much.

fertygo

From what I've seen, very few people are against a FeMC and the majority either want it or wouldn't mind, as long as there is MaleMC as well in the game. I am personally holding down my hype for P5, until they reveal the protagonist(s) of the game. If there is a FeMC, I will hype the game as much as possible... If not, I will still likely play it, but meh... It will not be hype worthy imo.

Well, I will disappointed if it not there (a lot) although its very exaggerated to say its will kill the hype. LOL

The only thing that could do that to me if they ditch turn based battle

Stark

Banned

Also, it sounds like the "Midnight Stage" is through the internet and not the television, this time around.

This is amazing.

Moonlight

Banned

I LOVE IT.

cj_iwakura

Someone obviously hasn't played Ouendan, EBA, or Space Channel 5.

Dance > combat.

FluxWaveZ

I dunno, man. Maybe since the Midnight Stage is through a certain site's midnight video broadcast, they realize that "normal attacks won't work on them!" and that the only effective means of destroying them is by dancing?

Also, "[Yu and Rise] bring the Investigation Team back from hibernation in pursuit of a new mystery." That'd be, like, the third time the Investigation Team has been assembled (second time resurrected).

Someone obviously hasn't played Ouendan, EBA, or Space Channel 5.

Dance > combat.

Out of those, I've played EBA, but their dancing had some pretty evident magical properties to it.

fertygo

Those idol group shadow maybe crave for popularity, and they arrogant as fuck and don't even show their dungeon to you.. to solve this Yu and the gang doing the dancing around the internetz, to beat them via another method, embarrass them in front of audience, its the only way to save them.

DAT PLOT.

kewlmyc

I'm just hoping the P3 movies get a theatrical release in the States....at least in select theaters. Unlikely, I know, but a guy can dream.

As for the dubbing studio, I guess Funimation could do it. I've heard bad things about Sentai, even though they'll both likely get the main cast from the game (sans Fuuka, & even then they'd get her P4A voice actress). To be fair, Sentai did a decent job with the P4 anime, even with Troy Baker gone for a honeymoon for the second half of the anime.

It's Aniplex so that's more likely than you think. Hell, they're bringing the Anohana movie over so P3 definitely has a chance.

Aniplex does their own dubs (which have all been above average so far) so it'll probably get dubbed by them eventually. Only downside is that their BDs are expensive. Expect each movie to be at least $60 and only available on Rightstuf.

EDIT: Apparantly, P4 the Animation was also originally from Aniplex, but Sentai got the distribution right to it anyway. Now I'm worried.
THIS GAME IS LITERALLY "STEP UP, SENPAI"

Black Yosuke for DLC please.

I know it's already been said, but this is so amazing. I cannot wait for West Side Story-style dance battles between the idols and their rivals the Shadow Flash Mob.

PK Gaming

Tumblr! It's a goldmine for awesome art, funny comics and silly stuff in general
tumblr_mx08lz80TC1qe9g4mo1_500.jpg

This page might one of my favorite PersonaGAF pages. Too much fun.

LX_Theo

Banned

I said it once, I'll say it again... They make up everything as they go along.

Squire

Banned
The podcast really needs to do a Christmas Special. I'd be willing to do a live cover of Snowflakes on the violin for the opening music! >_<

P4A2 episode is happening on the 13th. Maybe if there's new stuff in P magazine we can use that info as the catalyst for a Christmas episode.

I don't know what peoples schedules are like though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom