• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mwt2xggHcp1qidgz6o1_1280.jpg

PK Gaming

All of the Information we have on Sho so far
Persona General posted some bullet points made on 2ch about arcade mode concerning Sho, Persona Sho, and Adachi. Anons translated and this is what they say.

Minazuki's bullet points:

His puns are reminiscent of Ikutsuki

A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from him

When defeated by Teddie, he mentions "drawing out (Teddie's) hometown"

When defeated by Sanada, he says "If it's your friends, they're coming, thanks to you guys!!"

Often mentions "him"

He appears to be jealous of those who possess Personas

The last boss for Yu, Naoto, Teddie, Aigis, Junpei and Sanada.

Persona Sho's bullet points:

Persona is Tsukiyomi

A Plume of Dusk can be sensed from him

Says to Labrys "You and I are the same, that's why I chose you".

His objective is to "remake the world"?

"What that child desires isn't revenge."

The last boss of Hanamura, Mitsuru and Labrys.

Adachi's bullet points:

He appears in Yu's, Sanada's and Yukari's scenarios.

Minazuki and Adachi have nothing to do with one another (They're aware of each other but they're not in cahoots)

When asked if he's a fake, he replies that he's the real deal.

"If you spend too much fighting, you might not be able to return things to normal"; he appears to understand the truth of the situation.

He appears to have business at the top of the tower.

Sanada and Yukari have no idea who he is.

Labrys: "I won… I won! But, that reading… Is that a Plume of Dusk? No way… You’re definitely human… What the…?"

Sho: "Heh Heh Heh… That is correct. I am just like you. That is why I chose you. But it seems you were nothing but a hindrance in the end. Of course, it does not matter… It is already too late."

Sho: "There is nothing you can do anymore, it can’t be undone… The world will now change!!"

Credit goes to shoryusatsu999 who posted this on Dustloop

So what does the Q in PersonaQ stand for

Persona Quest?

Persona Meikyuu, or which translates to Persona Labyrinth. (Etrian Odyssey's Japanese title is Sekaiju no Meikyuu and it's frequently abbreviated as SQ)

I mean it isn't literally titled Persona Meikyuu it's meant to be evocative of the SQ series.

EMT0

Banned
All of the Information we have on Sho so far

Credit goes to shoryusatsu999 who posted this on Dustloop

Well now....it's time for more rampant speculation.

Sho may or may not be a toaster. But he is more than likely artificially created with a plume of dusk. He's jealous of Persona users because they can do something he can't, and it's clearly not the Persona part. Maybe it's the ability to grow as a person? I'm guessing he doesn't have a Shadow either. All the references to 'him' seems like a reference to Nyarl/The Crawling Chaos and it seems to be like a chip on his shoulder. All in favor of Nyarl being his creator?

Another possibility is that his creator actually WAS Ikutski, or perhaps Ikutski was Nyarl in disguise? Ikutski's 'death' never gets explained. No body, no funeral, no nothing.

Finally, his Persona is scarily reminiscent of, well, yeah. Nyarl has his foot in deep in this one.

Persona Meikyuu, or which translates to Persona Labyrinth. (Etrian Odyssey's Japanese title is Sekaiju no Meikyuu and it's frequently abbreviated as SQ)

I mean it isn't literally titled Persona Meikyuu it's meant to be evocative of the SQ series.
So like in a way it's meant to be a Etrian Odyssey spin-off or something

FluxWaveZ

Thanks for the summary. Can't wait for this game's story mode, even if it does sound ridiculous, even for persona standards.

I think going in another dimension and trying to figure out a way to get back home is pretty "ridiculous."

Personally, nothing about P4A2 seems particularly off, especially coming from P4A.

Squire

Banned
I think going in another dimension and trying to figure out a way to get back home is pretty "ridiculous."

Personally, nothing about P4A2 seems particularly off, especially coming from P4A.

If anything, they seem to have toned it down.

What's up with Atlus' Black Friday sales? They said they're digital and retail, but P4A isn't showing up as $15 on Amazon. I want to buy it again on PS3.

Btw, does anyone know if the DS4 works with it?

Sophia

Honestly, it's no more ridiculous than anything they did in Persona 2 or Persona 3. Actually, the events of P4A2 give me a late story P2/P3 vibe.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah. It's honestly a bit easier for me to swallow than (P2IS spoilers)
sudden Nazi invasions and Mayan spaceships

Even that made sense within the context of the game's story and the crazy people who made it happen. Basically a product of their insane imaginations.

kewlmyc

All of persona is ridiculous, don't get me wrong. Hence why I said that, "more that usual." It's not a bad thing by any means. It's just that in persona, we usually don't have crazy dudes jumping 3 stories in the air doing flips and whatnot.

FluxWaveZ

All of persona is ridiculous, don't get me wrong. Hence why I said that, "more that usual." It's not a bad thing by any means. It's just that in persona, we usually don't have crazy dudes jumping 3 stories in the air doing flips and whatnot.

Aigis could probably do that. Heck, she kinda does that here (P3 The Journey spoilers).

Sophia

You're right. It's normally crazy robot girls.

(Big P3 spoilers in that video btw.)

Aigis could probably do that. Heck, she kinda does that here.

She does it in the main game too, in the scene I linked.

Meia

I think at this point now that we know P4D is a thing and is trying to have a story, we have a new barometer to measure "ridiculousness." Everything in Arena is very normal for the series in comparison. :p

Lemstar

What's up with Atlus' Black Friday sales? They said they're digital and retail, but P4A isn't showing up as $15 on Amazon. I want to buy it again on PS3.
If I had to speculate, it's because GameStop isn't carrying that price.

As to why that's the case, though, I have no idea. I think preexisting new copies might have gotten converted to used at some point, since inventory at local stores went to zero overnight a few months ago, but that doesn't account for new copies being in-stock online.

Squire

Banned
I think at this point now that we know P4D is a thing and is trying to have a story, we have a new barometer to measure "ridiculousness." Everything in Arena is very normal for the series in comparison. :p

Yeah, I had the same thought, haha.

If I had to speculate, it's because GameStop isn't carrying that price.

As to why that's the case, though, I have no idea. I think preexisting new copies might have gotten converted to used at some point, since inventory at local stores went to zero overnight a few months ago, but that doesn't account for new copies being in-stock online.

I see. Thanks!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If anything, they seem to have toned it down.

Btw, does anyone know if the DS4 works with it?

I can let you know in about an hour.

Sophia

This scene was complete shit in Persona 3 Portable, lol.

It was crap to begin with. The animation quality is really subpar, especially compared to the other stuff that came out the same year as Persona 3.

Supposedly, the animators put more effort into any scene that had Aigis because they were rather fond of her. Which explains why the better looking cutscenes are near the end of the game.

Marche90

Ah, I'm so late on these things. The design is pretty nice actually. Labby and Sho both have pretty cool personae. I wish both would appear in an rpg at some point.

I don't even know what to search for this one :(

My Google-fu is bad, and I should feel bad.
Nvm. Found them finally.

Boy do I hate this rule of not posting scans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom