• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P3's anime scenes were crappy because of a mix of low budget and bad directing. P4's were of a higher technical quality because, urgh, why are you even bothering to animate that if it's just gonna be character standing around talking?

Catherine's were ok though.

P3's anime scenes were crappy because of a mix of low budget and bad directing. P4's were of a higher technical quality because, urgh, why are you even bothering to animate that if it's just gonna be character standing around talking?

Catherine's were ok though.

I still need to get into Catherine. Bought it during a sale and haven't played it yet.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but with the advent of Persona 5 information I was curious what you guys thought.

I've seen people mention it a bunch, but what direction would you guys like to see them take Social Links? What sort of improvements or changes do you think would be appropriate? How would you change them to better impact the gameplay? (Or would you not?)

A popular one I've read before is to make it more difficult to formulate a romantic relationship with multiple characters at the same time. P3 and P4 had it so that you could run into one of your other committed lady friends while out with another girl, and it would negatively impact that other social link. Would you take it any further?

A big one, I personally think, is that there needs to be something you can do after "maxing" the social link. Or having some reason to actually interact with the characters once they've maxed. In P3 and P4 you could get invited to events on weekends/holidays by characters whose social links you've maxed, but there wasn't much reason to do so.

Something I'd like to see changed is perhaps have social links interwoven together, or ones that influence each other. Perhaps if you create a social link with person 1, and you've already got a social link with person 2 (who doesn't care for person 1) it changes the path your social links go. Perhaps you've have solve their differences in order to progress, or maybe you could drop different social links and there'd be different candidates for each arcana.

I'd love to hear what you guys think, and the more detail the better!

Caladrius

The ingame sprites really don't do Tsukiyomi (I thought it was normally romanized Tsukuyomi?) justice. (There's a picture of him on the megaten wiki)

Dat black crescent fire.

Trigger

I'd love to hear what you guys think, and the more detail the better!

You've already hit on a lot of things I'd like to see. I'd like for the social links to better reflect actual relationships. I've always thought it'd be cool if spending more time after you maxed a social link could boost social or persona stats. Maybe they could have branching paths that could alter a character enough to change their persona? The possibilities are pretty endless.

Lunar15

So Sho's Persona is
The Moon God, eh? I find it interesting that he fits with P4's Japanese theme while Labrys fit with P3's Greek theme. Using the moon god is a clever way to tie in the Dark Hour, though.

Caladrius

So Sho's Persona is
The Moon God, eh? I find it interesting that he fits with P4's Japanese theme while Labrys fit with P3's Greek theme. Using the moon god is a clever way to tie in the Dark Hour, though.

That has... interesting implications considering
he's got a PoD signal coming off of him. More reasons to think he isn't a robot.

Also more branching Social link paths please.

Soriku

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but with the advent of Persona 5 information I was curious what you guys thought.

I've seen people mention it a bunch, but what direction would you guys like to see them take Social Links? What sort of improvements or changes do you think would be appropriate? How would you change them to better impact the gameplay? (Or would you not?)

Add some sort of gameplay element to them. Maybe some optional dungeons can open up that are related to the links? P3 and P4 are really sparse on additional dungeon stuff.

Also I need that ufotable swag for P5.
2expensive4atlus

BerserkerGoB.gif

I don't know who's doing the P3 movies but the color scheming does remind me of ufotable.

kewlmyc

KyoAni for P5 please.

Or Shaft if the game is all surreal and shit.

Goddammit, CJkeats.

EDIT: Actually, this could work. Free was greatly animated and wasn't overly moeblob cute like K-ON was.

Add some sort of gameplay element to them. Maybe some optional dungeons can open up that are related to the links? P3 and P4 are really sparse on additional dungeon stuff.

Also I need that ufotable swag for P5.
2expensive4atlus

BerserkerGoB.gif

I don't know who's doing the P3 movies but the color scheming does remind me of ufotable.

AIC ASTA does the Persona 3 movies and the P4 Anime. That alone should show you how much their animation quality can fluctuate.

Also ufotable only seems to do Tales and Typemoon stuff nowadays.

Soriku

AIC ASTA does the Persona 3 movies and the P4 Anime. That alone should show you how much their animation quality can fluctuate.

Also ufotable only seems to do Tales and Typemoon stuff nowadays.

Damn I'd never have figured. Huge difference between the P4 and P3 anime. Wouldn't mind if they did P5 if their budget was good.

Sophia

Barring one animated cutscene (P4 cast in Junes) and the near criminal levels of reuse (most certainly an Atlus/Arcsys issue and not to be blamed on the animation studio), I thought Madhouse did a fantastic job in Persona 4 Arena.

Ufotable would be a dream come true.

Slight spoilers for Fate/zero here. (Good lord it's still the most gorgeous anime I've ever seen. DEM FRAMES)

Even if we did get Ufotable (we won't), it would never be this level of quality. They spend an absurd amount of budget and effort on Type-Moon stuff.

Levito

Banned
Even if we did get Ufotable (we won't), it would never be this level of quality. They spend an absurd amount of budget and effort on Type-Moon stuff.

We can dream Sophia, we can dream...

EDIT: HEY Ufotable did Tales of Xilla, so I doubt it's out of Atlus's price range! :p

Dantis

Just seen the P4D scans.

Thank goodness you can play as the male characters in it.

Narukami's art is amazing. Kanami's is complete shit (Clearly Soejima was drunk when he drew that). Gotta be the worst Persona design by a good margin. Rise's is well drawn but I dislike the outfit.

The picture with Rise that I thought was a story scene is almost definitely a story scene. It's a cut of her overlaid onto another screen of her talking. I hope there's some kind of structured mode like this. I always end up putting down score based games pretty quickly.

There is still a mild concern that this game will be too girly for me.

Just seen the P4D scans.

Thank goodness you can play as the male characters in it.

Narukami's art is amazing. Kanami's is complete shit (Clearly Soejima was drunk when he drew that). Gotta be the worst Persona design by a good margin. Rise's is well drawn but I dislike the outfit.

The picture with Rise that I thought was a story scene is almost definitely a story scene. It's a cut of her overlaid onto another screen of her talking. I hope there's some kind of structured mode like this. I always end up putting down score based games pretty quickly.

There is still a mild concern that this game will be too girly for me.

Ok Ultimate Warrior.

Caladrius

I swear I read something about that. No wonder they were still bad.

I wish they had re-done the cutscenes instead of blowing it on new ones. I find them unwatchable, and the significant improvements that the new scenes yielded made the old ones suck that much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom