• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone get me PQ Makoto?

gZdIbQa.png

PK Gaming

And that's all folks

Couple of things:
-The fighting scenes were really, really well drawn. They were pretty, dynamic, and detailed.
-The art is stylish and unique.
-The storyline was really well executed, much better than the ingame version which is bizarre.
-YOSUKE WON! Yosuke actually beat Yu.

Jintor

Holy fuck.

I was gonna rag on you for posting scanlations but god damn if they bring the P4A manga out in English I'm gonna buy the fuck outta it.

So I recently started P3P and.... I don't like it that much. I think it's a multitude of factors:

1. The lack of in game cutscenes takes away some immersion.
2. The intro just throws you in, it's not as good as P4G's intro.
3. (I think this might be the most important one) I'm using a 100% social link guide. This absolutely kills the immersion and instead of getting drawn in like P4G i'm just... not into it. I'd love to not use the guide, but fuck I hate missing out on the story/content.

I need to decide if just playing and youtubing what I missed (what I did with P4G) is better than using the guide. Replaying the game is out of the question, since no matter how good a game is I won't replay it if it's a story driven game. Also I just completed the first full moon, so maybe it just gets better?

So I recently started P3P and.... I don't like it that much. I think it's a multitude of factors:

3. (I think this might be the most important one) I'm using a 100% social link guide. This absolutely kills the immersion and instead of getting drawn in like P4G i'm just... not into it. I'd love to not use the guide, but fuck I hate missing out on the story/content.

I need to decide if just playing and youtubing what I missed (what I did with P4G) is better than using the guide. Replaying the game is out of the question, since no matter how good a game is I won't replay it if it's a story driven game. Also I just completed the first full moon, so maybe it just gets better?
Ok so:
1) There will never be any animated cutscenes in the game, the closest thing is going to be in the end
2)Ehhh... I like it, I have played P4 tho
3)100% for your first playthrough? :V

In the end, it's up to you. I recommend getting Persona 3 FES off of PSN if you can, it was 5 dollars when I got it.

Soriku

Depending on how much the lack of cutscenes are taking away I'd say just cut your losses and restart with P3 FES, if you have access to that. If not, keep going, and don't use the SL guide.

The game does get better but there are definitely large periods in the game with not a whole lot happening.

Gazoinks

1. Try FES for the PS2 if the format of P3P throws you off.
2. That's pretty much by design, due to the different tones.
3. Stop that. :p

FluxWaveZ

Is there gonna be a P4A anime because there should be

It'd probably be more popular than that Devil Survivor one. It has a pretty involved manga adaptation and there'd be more potential for a full series with the sequel, so maybe. Who knows.

First off, if you're not enjoying following a guide, why are you following a guide? You gotta decide if you'd rather miss the story/content and be free to play the game as you like or remain shackled to what the guide states in order to maximize the content you'll see in your playthrough.

And P3P never gets better in terms of immersion, if that's your fundamental issue. It will always have the visual novel treatment without any animated cutscenes and that's why I feel pretty confident in saying FES' presentation is objectively better. Most people who recommend P3P over FES do so for two main reasons: being able to control the party members in battle (which one is unable to do in FES) and for the female route.

I found the intro in FES just as good as the one in P4.

Depending on how much the lack of cutscenes are taking away I'd say just cut your losses and restart with P3 FES, if you have access to that. If not, keep going, and don't use the SL guide.

The game does get better but there are definitely large periods in the game with not a whole lot happening.

Well the whole reason for getting P3P is because I wanted to play the fem mc :p Are there any social links generally regarded as shitty? I guess I'll just use the guide for a bit longer and if things don't improve i'll just dump in and make my own decisions.

PK Gaming

What MC are you playing as? If you're playing as the male it might be best to just restart as the female MC. She's not inherently better as the male MC, but the experience is completely different from playing as the male protagonist from P4. Different enough to make it worth replaying imo. And yeah, you should definitely drop the 100% s.link guide. It's unnecessary and actually tedious (iirc you have to constantly reset)

Youtube-wise, there are some users that can hook you up.

fertygo

Don't use S.Link guide, just use chart like this if you wanted best answer in S.Link..
And because you have experience with modern persona already, I see no reason you can't arrange your own S.Link routine instead following tedious guide.

Moonlight

Banned
It's not like all SLinks are born equal, anyways. Just pursue the ones that interest you, that's absolutely the best way to experience the game. If you feel like you missed something, that's what NG+ is for.

Lunar15

I'm actually beginning to believe Nyarlathotep isn't part of any of this. I think it's too obscure of a reference at this point.

As it now seems that PersonaGAF is filled with chibi avatars, the P4A wallpaper project continues! I'm making my way through the cast, and these next few were lots of fun to make. It looks like I have seven more to go, so hopefully you'll all have the complete set soon.

Without further ado:

MEGIDOLAON for everyone!
Blooming ROSES and bulging MUSCLES!
The VOID that swallows ALL! [Alts: 1, 2, 3, 4]

Enjoy!
Oh man those are looking great, I'm really digging the Kanji and Liz ones
My avatar is the most positive of all avatars.
This is truthfact. 2positive4thinking

LX_Theo

Banned
How hard was it for you to get the rise trophy? I want to platinum it as well but every time I think of that trophy I just lose the will to try.

The Rise one was the hardest (or most annoying would be a better word for it) in my opinion. When I researched it, it seemed people fell into one of two camps. People who got it by just playing the game. And people who it took forever to get.

After a while of trying, I ended up just creating a list of every single one I encountered and using spreadsheets to add them up as a tracker of how far I was. Then I just started going down the lists from online of all the known lines. About 2 hours give or take into that process, I got the trophy.

If you have some time to set aside to get it out of the way and that trophy is the only one getting in the way of your motivation to get a platinum, its not too bad to do. Just requires some patience and organization and it'll be out of your hair soon enough.

PK Gaming

How hard was it for you to get the rise trophy? I want to platinum it as well but every time I think of that trophy I just lose the will to try.
You can naturally get it if you use every character in the game. Specifically, keeping every character around the same levels is the best way to obtaining the HRF trophy.

Talking to your party during dungeons also contributes towards getting the trophy as well (when Rise chimes in anyway).

I'm actually beginning to believe Nyarlathotep isn't part of any of this. I think it's too obscure of a reference at this point.

I kind of half and half, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show. But there also the fact that you have VAs that voiced
Nyarlathrotep
in Persona 2 show up to voice
The Announcer and Malevolent Entity.

Edit: In Japanese and English, also thanks Sophia for that correction on the VAs.

Sophia

I kind of half and half, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't show. But there also the fact that you have VAs that voiced
Nyarlathrotep
in Persona 2 show up to voice
The Announcer and Malevolent Entity.

Edit: In Japanese and English

Partially.
The Announcer
shares only their English voice actor, but
The Malevolent Entity
shares both actors.

Both are voiced by Patrick Seitz in English. Fumihiko Tachiki is the Japanese voice for the former. Jin Yamanoi is the voice of the later.

Squire

Banned
It's not like all SLinks are born equal, anyways. Just pursue the ones that interest you, that's absolutely the best way to experience the game. If you feel like you missed something, that's what NG+ is for.

On my first playthrough I found myself spending the most time with the characters I thought were the coolest. Realizing that's exactly how you're meant to play was harrowing.

Redhood

The Rise one was the hardest (or most annoying would be a better word for it) in my opinion. When I researched it, it seemed people fell into one of two camps. People who got it by just playing the game. And people who it took forever to get.

After a while of trying, I ended up just creating a list of every single one I encountered and using spreadsheets to add them up as a tracker of how far I was. Then I just started going down the lists from online of all the known lines. About 2 hours give or take into that process, I got the trophy.

If you have some time to set aside to get it out of the way and that trophy is the only one getting in the way of your motivation to get a platinum, its not too bad to do. Just requires some patience and organization and it'll be out of your hair soon enough.

Sounds like a technique! Any chance of sharing that spreadhseet?

LX_Theo

Banned
Sounds like a technique! Any chance of sharing that spreadhseet?

Sorry, I would, but I did that back in the first few month of 2013. Since then I simply had been putting off doing another playthrough for max social links and such. The persona announcements got me back into the mood to play the game and finish those up, lol. That spreadsheet is about as gone as gone gets at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom