• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

lWRtirc.png

=(

EDIT 1: CRAP, WHY IS THIS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE?
EDIT 2: For those confused, I pasted the Brazzers logo on top of that which should not be mentioned, not realizing it would be the first post of the new page.

Dantis

So anyway, in the translated version of the P4D article, it says that all of the Investigation Team are playable.

So there you go. No idea why they only mentioned five of them.

So anyway, in the translated version of the P4D article, it says that all of the Investigation Team are playable.

So there you go. No idea why they only mentioned five of them.

huh, I was thinking that they may of been holding some back for a later reveal, but nope, guess not.

Podcast records in 2 and 1/2 hours -- Keats, TrueSelf, Todd, Lollipop Dave. (Just heads up if you didn't see my tweet)

Equipment all tested and ready :c

Dantis

Anyone except Narukami and Rise is going to look so wrong dancing J Pop dances.

Like, so wrong.

Expecting a quality story and justification, obviously.

Like, so wrong.

I wonder if they will lock characters to certain songs, to stop say Kanji dancing like Yu in that trailer. They might do it just for story mode, though no doubt if they do this, free mode will still be anyones game.

Sophia

-They are not intent on tricking the characters into thinking they were the real thing, but only use such roleplay for shock value, in order to get an emotional reaction out of the Personas Users before fighting them. Their purpose is apparently to gather “negative energy” while fighting the characters. (FluxWaveZ: This is probably why Adachi tells Yu or someone that the more they fight, the worse things will get.)

Negative Energy? As in, Kegare from Persona 2? Holy shit.

Sophia

RANDOM THEORY TIME. There will be P2/P4/P4A/P4A2 spoilers.

The reason why someone can so easily summon a Persona in the Midnight Channel, and why one's Shadow Self can be made manifest so easily, is most likely because the Midnight Channel has an abundance of Ideal Energy and Kegare. Or because some inherit quality causes it to be produce by a human's psyche much easier. Possibly even both. This also explains why someone not shielded by a Persona causes the Midnight Channel to warp based upon their memories, because excessive quantities of Ideal and Kegare themselves cause reality to warp.

Why I never even considered this before is beyond me, but it makes so much damn sense now...

Tiu Neo

Like, so wrong.

Would be fun if each member had one dance style, and specific songs that fit that style. Like Chie using fighting moves, Naoto being a bit more shy, things like that.

...and then, on freeplay mode, you could just switch the caracters "skin", and see they dancing with other characters style.

Dantis

Is there a link to said translated article?

It's a scan, so nope!

Of course he is being sarcastic, I'm not dense :p

Edit: Though, I know Dantis' soul will cry as more media for P4D releases.

I'm prepared.

I have a feeling it will be Naoto's representation that bothers me the most.

Would be fun if each member had one dance style, and specific songs that fit that style. Like Chie using fighting moves, Naoto being a bit more shy, things like that.

...and then, on freeplay mode, you could just switch the caracters "skin", and see they dancing with other characters style.

This could potentially be neat.

Caladrius

That's exactly how it's done in Project DIVA and probably exactly how they're going to do it.

Now Yosuke and Kanji can mince and prance about, just as God intended.

Ahaahaha that first post of a new page XD

Hopefully it's this way and you don't have to pay to reskin characters =/
That's exactly how it's done in Project DIVA and probably exactly how they're going to do it.

How are Project DIVA titles in regards to DLC?

Squire

Banned
I just realized talking to Levito over Skype last night, but P4D will probably do crazy well considering what it is.

It'll probably have a similar leg up to P4A; Some of the BB audience bought into that, so some of the Project Diva fanbase will likely pick this up as well.

ArcSys hasn't heard of her.

ftfy

Moonlight

Banned
I just realized talking to Levito over Skype last night, but P4D will probably do crazy well considering what it is.
It's also got broader appeal than I think some people are giving it credit for. I broached the game with a few more casual Persona fans and people who really only hear about Persona from me, and they were super into it.

Squire

Banned
Turtlenecks forever from now on in all of my art.

But really, it isn't even that bad.

It's really not. If you like sex appeal (and you totally do) more power to you.

You act so prudish though. Your work betrays you! :b

It's also got broader appeal than I think some people are giving it credit for. I broached the game with a few more casual Persona fans and people who really only hear about Persona from me, and they were super into it.

Yeah, totally. The people who are all hyper sensitive about the series integrity are mixed to outright negative on it, but to casuals it's fucking cool.

The market that's into the animes, the toys, the concerts - they'll eat up P4D with a spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom