• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Well... that's interesting. The Sun is usually an optimistic card, but in series it's traditionally been represented by characters who are in poor situations and betrayed by their optimism (Tatsuya and Akinari being the standout examples.)

FluxWaveZ

It's also interesting because his Persona is Tsukuyomi, the moon god.

Also, here are two of the icons people can use in the arcades for P4A2:

0VonCF0.jpg
ENxoLHU.jpg

Second one is weird as shit. Marie's also one of the options.

FluxWaveZ

Ah, hadn't watched it. Mah bad.

I don't know if it's in that video (I don't think so), but I do know that it varies from character to character based on previous reports. I know some characters like Labrys and Yosuke will face
Persona Sho at the end
while others like Teddie will face
normal Sho
instead.

Speaking of arena, I've been playing some recently, and I noticed that S. Labrys' theme is "Shadow of the Labyrinth", which is the subtitle of Persona Q. Could Persona Q have something to do with Labrys, or is that just ridiculous speculation?

FluxWaveZ

To continue the trend of posting interesting P4A2 arcade related pics, here's what I believe is someone's genius username:

Speaking of arena, I've been playing some recently, and I noticed that S. Labrys' theme is "Shadow of the Labyrinth", which is the subtitle of Persona Q. Could Persona Q have something to do with Labrys, or is that just ridiculous speculation?

Doubt it. "Labyrinth" refers to Labrys and Ariadne, and the labyrinth's Shadow would be Shadow Labrys. Pretty certain it's just a coincidence.

ipSr0YowPy820.gif

FluxWaveZ

Yep, I knew it. May I ask where you got that from, though? Did they unlock him that soon already?

Regardless, I would LOVE it if someone just confirmed that Elizabeth had the Fool arcana. I mean, she probably does, but just show me the pic.

cj_iwakura

Yep, I knew it. May I ask where you got that from, though? Did they unlock him that soon already?

Regardless, I would LOVE it if someone just confirmed that Elizabeth had the Fool arcana. I mean, she probably does, but just show me the pic.

Someone at DDS-Net posted it.

kewlmyc

ph4RbtJ.png

I guess that's that then...

Sigh, expected it. Still disappointing. Maybe they'll add two more slots, who knows.

If not, why show you know who in the trailer, if you're not going to do anything with them outside appearances in the story mode?. That's super trollish.

FluxWaveZ

Isn't it still possible for them to add characters to the console release? Didn't they do that with Elizabeth in the first Arena?

They added Elizabeth, Labrys and Shadow Labrys over the course of the first P4A's arcade release until the console release. There were no console exclusive characters.

With BB:CP, they added Mu, Nu and Izayoi over the course of its arcade release. Terumi and Kokonoe were added as console exclusives.

There are at least 6-7 months from P4A2's arcade release until its console release.

So yes, it's possible. In my opinion, it's inevitable that characters will be added to the arcade release.

Someone at DDS-Net posted it.

Thanks. I don't think he's been unlocked just yet, so I wonder if that's from a tutorial video or something.

cj_iwakura

They added Elizabeth, Labrys and Shadow Labrys over the course of the first P4A's arcade release until the console release. There were no console exclusive characters.

With BB:CP, they added Mu, Nu and Izayoi over the course of its arcade release. Terumi and Kokonoe were added as console exclusives.

There are at least 6-7 months from P4A2's arcade release until its console release.

So yes, it's possible. In my opinion, it's inevitable that characters will be added to the arcade release.

I'm not too surprised about Adachi, his sprite gave off an NPC vibe. And I can't picture him being very unique in gameplay, except maybe mixing Naoto play with Izanami Persona(which could be interesting, but nothing special).

kewlmyc

Thanks. I don't think he's been unlocked just yet, so I wonder if that's from a tutorial video or something.
You forgot Kagura. So they added Kagura to the console port, then Terumi and Kokonoe as paid DLC (Terumi came as a code in the first release boxes or was free for the first week, one of those).

FluxWaveZ

I'm not too surprised about Adachi, his sprite gave off an NPC vibe. And I can't picture him being very unique in gameplay, except maybe mixing Naoto play with Izanami Persona(which could be interesting, but nothing special).

All of the characters in the game have a pretty unique playstyle, so I think if ASW and Atlus wanted to add him in the game, they'd do just fine and figure something out.

You forgot Kagura. So they added Kagura to the console port, then Terumi and Kokonoe as paid DLC (Terumi came as a code in the first release boxes or was free for the first week, one of those).

I actually considered Kagura, but I wasn't sure if he was console exclusive or not. So yeah, there was a total of 3 new console characters. A total of 6 new characters added to the game as a whole after its initial arcade release.

Terumi came as a code in the box, btw (part of why I imported the physical release instead of buying digital).

Rhapsody

Banned
I kind of feel like that's it for the roster, for arcade at least. Maybe there might be something for console.
BBCP seems like a rare case for ASW where they do so much in terms of time release and console.

For this it might be like Melty where they feel content with the roster just because of different versions of characters.

FluxWaveZ

More story details from that Tumblr:
Sho has two personalities, “Sho Minazuki” and “SHO MINAZUKI” (The caps are very fitting, because all-caps/Katakana-Sho is a real ham, I tell ya.)

None of the characters I played so far have encountered more than one side of Sho; Teddie, Junpei and Yu encounter Sho Minazuki. Labrys and Yukari encounter SHO MINAZUKI.

The normal Sho is loud, bratty, has a horrible sense of pun-related humor that not even Teddie can laugh about and enjoys putting people down. Even Junpei refers to him as “a brat”.

He is a loner and hates the concept of “friendship”, believing it to be something only weak people rely on.

His only ally is someone Sho keeps refering to as “him”. It is HIGHLY likely that this “him” is SHO MINAZUKI/The Malevolent Entity.

SHO MINAZUKI apparently promised Sho that he’d be invincibly strong if he coorperated with him. Additionally, he “taught” him to not believe in things like “bonds” or “friendship” and that he’s “strongest on his own”.

Sho has complete information on all the involved Persona Users, including things like Teddie’s true identity as a Shadow or the pasts of the Shadow OPs/SEES members.

Sho also displays a bad case of what I’d dub “Takaya&Adachi Syndrome”: He believes the human world to be worthless and that it needs to be changed or vanquished entirely. He also does not understand why Teddie would want to be like a human.

He also has an incredible hatred to the idea of loosing and will throw a tantrum if you unexpectedly defeat him. He especially freaks out when Junpei makes it to the top of the tower first, which wasn’t planned.
According to Labrys (who has the ability to cast and break illusions and thus should know best) Sho’s body is that of a human.

Sho Minazuki himself also seems rather human in his mannerisms, however…

SHO MINAZUKI is probably *not* human from what I can tell.

When Labrys encounters “SHO MINAZUKI”, she senses that his soul is stored on a Plume of Dusk, as it would be the case for an Anti Shadow Supression Weapon. SHO confirms this.

SHO also states that he was the one who kidnapped Labrys in P4U, and that he choose her as his “puppet” due to her soul being stored on a Plume of Dusk, just like his own. He needed to experiment on her somehow.

It’s highly possible that “SHO MINAZUKI” is not the second personality’s real name. He never speaks or acts through Sho when General Teddie is on-screen, and I personally find it likely that he also the one miming General Teddie this time around.

Even more likely; since he directly states to have been the one who kidnapped Labrys, there is a 90%+ chance of SHO MINAZUKI actually being the Malevolent Entity as well.
SHO MINAZUKI’s goal is to “change the world” somehow. Given what we’ve seen, this will either result in The Fall, all humans turning into Shadows or a mixture of both.

SHO MINAZUKI is the one with the Persona “Tsukuyomi”. Sho Minazuki does not have a Persona himself.

The state SHO MINAZUKI put Inaba in is explicitely almost entirely the same as the Dark Hour, right down to Yasogami High turning into a Pseudo-Tartarus.

Concerning Shadows:
- These are are *not* the characters’ real Shadow-Selves, but duplicates, which someone created to fight the Persona Users. The IT and Shadow O Ps refer to them as “Fakes”.
-All Shadow-Type Fighters are tailored to be exactly like the original’s Shadow Self, with some exceptions.

-They are made from Mook-Shadows, according to Yukari.

-They can use the originals’ Personas and are physically stronger than the originals, however, they are also less stable and will disappear into a rain of sparkles if pushed enough.

-They are not intent on tricking the characters into thinking they were the real thing, but only use such roleplay for shock value, in order to get an emotional reaction out of the Personas Users before fighting them. Their purpose is apparently to gather “negative energy” while fighting the characters. (FluxWaveZ: This is probably why Adachi tells Yu or someone that the more they fight, the worse things will get.)
For this it might be like Melty where they feel content with the roster just because of different versions of characters.

I don't know anything about Melty, but they didn't add characters from the first arcade release until the console release? I can't see them adding zero characters to P4A2, especially after they did it with the first game.

Rhapsody

Banned
I don't know anything about Melty, but they didn't add characters from the first arcade release until the console release? I can't see them adding zero characters to P4A2, especially after they did it with the first game.

In Actress Again they did. 3 characters, but one of it was a boss character that's not meant to be for tourneys.
1 of them was another version of Akiha though (which is still a new character for movesets), while Ryougi was completely brand new.

So yeah, they could. I'm still not holding my breath for more than 2 in console, but more would be nice.

FluxWaveZ

From what I gather, it is.

That tweet mentions a tutorial demo, doesn't it? That's also the same picture.

Also, that icon of Makoto's nice chest oddly makes me feel better about the Nanako one. At least, on the developer's part. I don't think I'd feel too good about anyone who actually decided to use it.

kewlmyc

If you see the screenshot, it has a "step 3" at the top. It's probably one of those informative videos in the game that shows you how to play Like the ones we got for P4A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx8VKwYUbFQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDGSksZdTw0

It's probably explains how to choose the shadow characters, and accidentally (or purposely, who knows) shows the entire roster.

It's most likely factual. Which sucks. It's a another Slabrys scenario where the final characters are just a different version of a current character (and before anyone says anything, yes I know they play differently, but that's not the point I'm trying to make). Storywise, they are technically the same person and not someone new.

Lunar15

Sho? Story wise (as far as we know so far), Sho without a persona and Sho with a persona are the same person. How is what I'm saying confusing?

But there's a strong potential they are not the same person. Their mannerisms are completely different, and they even refer to each other as different people. Two souls in one body, or perhaps mind control.

kewlmyc

But... they're not? The story info I just posted contradicts that.

Alright, thanks. Unintentional leak then, heh. Wonder when he'll be unlocked.

But there's a strong potential they are not the same person. Their mannerisms are completely different, and they even refer to each other as different people. Two souls in one body, or perhaps mind control.

I didn't see that. My apologies. It's still the same character design which is slightly disappointing.

Levito

Banned
Welcome to where time stands still, no one leaves and no one wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllll.
Moon is full, tryin' bump the page
just labeled mentally deeeeeeranged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom