• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stark

Banned
What? IIRC most of the responses were actually positive. Some didn't care for the art style, but given the large pool of soundtracks to pull from a ton of us were excited. Still my favorite FF related title in a long time. Can't wait for the sequel.

Yeah. Pretty sure people loved Theatrhythm.

cj_iwakura

Whoa, I'm surprised find out that Dantis enjoying BlazBlue.

Well, he called the story one giant send-up of anime cliches, so he doesn't really enjoy it in the way most do.

Then again, I think I'm the only BB player here who cares about the story, so... most people I know just love the fighting.

That's great too, but the story in CT really hooked me. I'm still waiting for the Saya arc and Nine/Phantom to be resolved.

kewlmyc

Well, he called the story one giant send-up of anime cliches, so he doesn't really enjoy it in the way most do.

Then again, I think I'm the only BB player here who cares about the story, so... most people I know just love the fighting.

That's great too, but the story in CT really hooked me. I'm still waiting for the Saya arc and Nine/Phantom to be resolved.

I only play BlazBlue for the story. It's so stupid that I enjoy it.

fertygo

Its seems you had knack for Chuunibyou story, seeing you quite familiar with VN titles too. That kind of story fascinate me the most too.. More convoluted the story is, more fun!

That said I'm not endorsing FF XIII kind of story haha.. you can find Chuunibyou story that a lot more nuanced than that.

TYPE-Moon, Atlus and Nitroplus are my favorite this kind of story producer.

Dantis enjoyed Blazblue because he thought the first one was supposed to be one giant parody of anime and fighting games and was surprised to hear that Blazblue actually took its own story seriously.

cj_iwakura

Dantis enjoyed Blazblue because he thought the first one was supposed to be one giant parody of anime and fighting games and was surprised to hear that Blazblue actually took its own story seriously.

Well you don't craft a metaplot encompassing four+ games, novels, and audio CDs without taking it a little seriously. This isn't Idea Factory.

It's not whether ASW actually took it seriously that's the thing, it's how many others did.

This SMT discussion is finally motivating me to play Nocturne. Let's do it! Yeah!

Obligatory:
1KGFO4S.png

Necrovex

Nah man, I actually enjoy the story in Blazblue CT too. I got Extend due to PS+. Isn't that a rehash of CT and CS with some extra stuff sprinkled in?

Nah man, I actually enjoy the story in Blazblue CT too. I got Extend due to PS+. Isn't that a rehash of CT and CS with some extra stuff sprinkled in?

Basically. You have the original set of stories from Continuum Shift, but Extend adds in a shortened recap story for Calamity Trigger and a few additional stories on the Continuum Shift side

PK Gaming

Let's see...

-If you take ANY null-skills, you insta-die.
-He's resistant to just about everything except Earth and Almighty. (Since Earth didn't exist in Nocturne, clever of them.
-His demons infinitely respawn.
-After three die, he summons either a Titania or Pixie who tries to put you to sleep. Afterward he casts Gaea Rage. If you have Null Sleep equipped, anyone who falls asleep survives. If no one falls asleep, that's it. So you have to end it as fast as possible. You're lucky to survive ONE of these instances, multiples is a miracle.
-The first team constantly buff/debuff him, as well as Girimehkala throwing out Mamudoons.
-When Demi-Fiend is on his last legs, he gets even stronger.
-He has an insane critical rate, even with Null Critical equipped(which is one of the few he won't kill you for taking).
-If his demons survive more than 30 turns, they suicide and full heal him.

There's a workaround called the Red Star strategy where you can stun-lock his demons into running out of MP, so they can't suicide and full heal him, and you can debuff him to your hearts content and he's stuck with two weak demons, but you still have to survive one Gaea Rage to pull it off.

I think... I think i want to beat this boss, just so I can say that I did it.

Time to get DDS.

Caladrius

It's not whether ASW actually took it seriously that's the thing, it's how many others did.

I almost never stories seriously. For me entertainment is all about the ride and generally having escapist fun. It doesn't need to be profound or unusual territory. Those things are great, but I care more about a work that knows what it is and does the best it can to make itself fun. One could say that I'm easily entertained because of it, but I think being able to enjoy many works of wildly varying quality is much better than being able to only enjoy a few good ones.

It's why I revel in the ridiculous: Life is absurd and painful. Taking absurdity and making it our own makes us so much more resilient. I prefer silly or idealistic stuff because it can be turned into a resource of positivity and personal strength when you can accept it and enjoy it for what it is.

And Matador was annoying. I didn't have a lot of trouble with him because I knew what was coming, but it must have sucked for people who didn't.

Gazoinks

I spent a big part of my P4 playthrough trying to figure out what the lyrics to the chorus of Your Affection are. I still got nothing.

Lunar15

Heartbeat, Heartbreak, Your Affection, and Signs of Love are probably the three of the best "overworld" songs in any game ever. How they don't get old when you literally hear them over and over again for the entire game blows my mind.

Don't worry, I still like When The Moon's Reaching out Stars, though. It's real close to the others.

EMT0

Banned
Heartbeat, Heartbreak, Your Affection, and Signs of Love are probably the three of the best "overworld" songs in any game ever. How they don't get old when you literally hear them over and over again for the entire game blows my mind.

Don't worry, I still like When The Moon's Reaching out Stars, though. It's real close to the others.

There is only truth in this post. I like Persona 1's overworld music in the beginning of the game too.

Lunar15

There is only truth in this post. I like Persona 1's overworld music in the beginning of the game too.

Well, it's definitely an exaggeration and omits a lot of great "overworld" songs. Heck, even that that short-lived "normal" overworld in Nocturne has a freaking stellar theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHFJacaIb8

But I think it's more so that those three themes I listed before absolutely nail the theme of the game. There's built in nostalgia right in there. If you didn't hear Heartbeat in your head the first time it was cloudy after playing P4, you were doing something wrong.

EMT0

Banned
Well, it's definitely an exaggeration and omits a lot of great "overworld" songs. Heck, even that that short-lived "normal" overworld in Nocturne has a freaking stellar theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHFJacaIb8

But I think it's more so that those three themes I listed before absolutely nail the theme of the game. There's built in nostalgia right in there. If you didn't hear Heartbeat in your head the first time it was cloudy after playing P4, you were doing something wrong.

...the truth keeps coming. Quick, say something crazy and see if your streak will actually stop.

Gazoinks

Okay I took another listen to Your Affection and this is what I got:

Your affection, your affection,
I'll kill the fluffy (?)
I'll say to Yu,
You'd better kiss the fluffy row

What does it mean

No, I mean I enjoy the silly dancing.
I still have no idea what Chie is doing in that intro, but it's not dancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom