• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mine would have to be World Map-Last Area from Nocturne, because of the epic as hell guitar in the song. Along with Persona 2 (both IS and EP) overworld themes.

Actual interests and tastes that contradict statements in this thread are what Dantis does.

giphy.gif

Necrovex

Should we just transform this thread into the Persona/Dantis Community Thread? I swear 30% of the time I come in here involves us talking about him and his awful tastes.

...Wait...is he the DTL of the Persona thread?!

kewlmyc

Should we just transform this thread into the Persona/Dantis Community Thread? I swear 30% of the time I come in here involves us talking about him and his awful tastes.

Tell me about it. For such a conversational person, he sure is popular enough for people to talk about him constantly when he isn't here.

No one can blame you, those dance moves are fresh

tumblr_mr5fgfkzET1s4kvlvo4_250.gif

Dammit, Yukiko. Jumping up and down isn't dancing. It's like she's doing an half-assed version of the jumping jacks.

Caladrius

...Wait...is he the DTL of the Persona thread?!

Dantis isn't quirky enough for that title. Awkward and going against the mold maybe, but not quirky.

PK Gaming

Tell me about it. For such a conversational person, he sure is popular enough for people to talk about him constantly when he isn't here.

Dammit, Yukiko. Jumping up and down isn't dancing. It's like she's doing an half-assed version of the jumping jacks.
What are you talking about, she is displaying some advanced level footwork!

If you're wondering why I omitted the other 4 characters, it's because their dance moves are weak.

kewlmyc

What are you talking about, she is displaying some advanced level footwork!

If you're wondering why I omitted the other 4 characters, it's because their dance moves are weak.

Switch out Yukiko with Naoto and I'd agree with you.

If I saw a girl doing what Yukiko's doing in that gif at a club, I'd buy her a drink out of pity.

PK Gaming

It is so gimmicky.

It's like Yu told everyone to get ready for a potential dance competition, and Yosuke didn't bother practicing in advance, so when the time came to dance, he just took a garbage can and worked with it.

He gets points for innovation, but his dance step overall... Meh!

If I saw a girl doing what Yukiko's doing in that gif at a club, I'd buy her a drink out of pity.

Naoto definitely had a slick Michael Jackson thing going on, but she almost drops her hat and kills the rest of her dance by trying to catch it.

Nachos

Can we just secretly just turn PersonaGAF into a thread for learning how to dance, and more importantly, how to be fresh while doing it? Admittedly, P4D excited me the least when it was announced, but the more time I've had to sit on it, the more I'm actually becoming interested in how to get over twoleftfeet-itis in real life. Dantis can be the instructor. =P

PK Gaming

It's better than doing elementary school exercise routines on the dance floor. :p
I think we both know what needs to happen now

We'll settle the issue in P4D. Yukiko vs Naoto, no holds barred. WINNER TAKES ALL.

EDIT: Here's the rest of them for posterity

tumblr_mr5fgfkzET1s4kvlvo2_250.gif

tumblr_mr5fgfkzET1s4kvlvo3_250.gif

tumblr_mr5fgfkzET1s4kvlvo7_250.gif

tumblr_mr5fgfkzET1s4kvlvo8_250.gif

Lunar15

Back to the original subject, I really love Meguro's jammy Nocturne/DDS soundtracks. I think they're some of his best works, and I loved when he gets jammy in P3/4 and some of the remixes of P1/2.

Nocturne's last map is a good example of this, as is Hunting: Betrayal from DDS2. In P4, I think it's best shown in The Almighty. It's almost prog-rock at times. He really jams out in these instrumentals, and I think it's when he's at his best. I do like that he uses the persona series to branch out into pop and hip-hop, but a good Meguro jam session is bliss. I hope he brings a bit of that heat to P5, although I have this weird feeling P5 is going to be very jazzy/bluesy.

I like these songs because they're so incredibly out there for video game music, you just don't see it a whole lot. Usually guitar solos devolve into pure buttrock, and maybe sometimes they'll throw in some violins for extra "epic". Don't get me wrong, I love plenty of cheesy buttrock JRPG soundtracks, but Meguro's stick. I can listen to them whenever. Another good example of this quality is from DDS: Manipura. Seriously, what a fantastic guitar solo in there. It's so natural.

Protag

Banned
Off topic from Persona again but what is the story to gameplay ratio for Strange Journey?

Edit: Smedwicks, no way b.

Levito

Banned
This is that thing where people talk and you listen:

(Click Image for episode link)

Topic was the new spinoff games Persona Q and Persona 4: Dancing All Night. Thanks to keats, LollipopDave, Todd, and TrueSelf for coming on this one!

Dantis

Oh, hey guys what's going o-

Actual interests and tastes that contradict statements in this thread are what Dantis does.

SORRY FOR HAVING SOME DEPTH TO MY TASTES AND INTERESTS, RON.

No, I mean I enjoy the silly dancing.

This is literally impossible.

LOL.

Squire

Banned
SORRY FOR HAVING SOME DEPTH TO MY TASTES AND INTERESTS, RON.

Not really what I'm talking about at all, but whatever. Like I said, it's not to slight you.

I do wish your criticism of P4D was less... Neanderthal though. "(x) is too girly" isn't something I'm too accustomed to hearing, post-high school.

At least not from people I respect.

Gazoinks

Topic was the new spinoff games Persona Q and Persona 4: Dancing All Night. Thanks to keats, LollipopDave, Todd, and TrueSelf for coming on this one!

ChibisonaGaf shout-out. Excellent.
UChMtgj.jpg

Battle for Everyone's Nose.

Can't wait to hear how it all turned out-- thanks again for having me Levito! Love to do it again sometime!

Dantis

I better see you in the what i've been reading thread, you pleb! :p

There's a What I've Been Reading thread? I literally never go into the OT side of GAF.

YOU'RE NOT MY MOM!

OR AM I!?!?

Dantis makes BS blanket statements and then immediately contradicts himself?

Nah, not particularly.

Not really what I'm talking about at all, but whatever. Like I said, it's not to slight you.

I do wish your criticism of P4D was less... Neanderthal though. "(x) is too girly" isn't something I'm too accustomed to hearing, post-high school.

At least not from people I respect.

I know what you mean. I'm just kidding. ;)

Naoto definitely had a slick Michael Jackson thing going on, but she almost drops her hat and kills the rest of her dance by trying to catch it.

More Michael Jackson-like dancing would improve P4D a hundred fold. It's powerful stuff.

Zebetite

Banned
I just finished watching Persona 4 The Animation. Boy am I ever late on that one! It was okay. The best parts were usually the Event scenes where everyone is just hanging out having fun, but did I really get anything out of that that I did not already get playing the game? (The answer is typically no, although they were pretty good at visual gags and such)

One of the highlights was this ridiculous/awesome/ridiculously awesome tune from the last episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX8YAeS-884

It's like someone took the original song and got Andrew W.K. to do a remix of it or something. It's so absurd that it becomes amazing. It's like Meguro wanted to make it sound as uplifting and glorious as humanly possible and at no point stopped to ask himself "Is this too much?" Deep down he knew nothing is too much. I applaud him for the fact.

As a tangentially related sidenote, the music was probably one of the bigger pros in the Anime's favour. Some good tunes, especially towards the end. I was happy to hear Lotus Juice's voice again in that one credits theme. I liked how the School Trip episode used so much Persona 3 music (to the extent of using Burn My Dread for the opening credits/commercial breaks and such). Good use of music all around.

It made me all the more aware of the fact that I'm basically running on vapours at this point when it comes to Persona. It's like Methadone for a Persona addiction. Bring me 5 already before I do something really stupid like watch Trinity Soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom