• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

Just finished the latest podcast episode. Really enjoyed this one; the newcomers were great, and cjkeats was totally on top of his game on this one.

In regards to watching a stream of Persona 2:EP

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

EDIT: Levito, you know it to be true.

I'm just so happy you didn't say that Todd guy wasn't good or something lol. Cj was really great. I'm still disappointed you changed cat picture though Cj haha.

PK Gaming

I'm just so happy you didn't say that Todd guy wasn't good or something lol. Cj was really great. I'm still disappointed you changed cat picture though Cj haha.
Haha don't worry, you guys were all great.

You had the british accent right? I laughed for a good while when you guys starting going on a tangent about chips & crisps.

cjkeats

cjkeats was totally on top of his game on this one.
Cj was really great. I'm still disappointed you changed cat picture though Cj haha.
You guys.
tumblr_mj4cej60Vf1r922azo1_500.gif

The cat may return soon.
Do we know anything about P5 soundtrack when it comes to singers?, I hope they keep Shihoko Hirata.
Mayumi Fujita or bust.
Haha don't worry, you guys were all great.

You had the british accent right? I laughed for a good while when you guys starting going on a tangent about chips & crisps.
That was Dave!

fertygo

Regarding P1 PSP, its just me or the gameplay (in battle)are better than P2 PSP?
Its just more snappier.. if that make sense

LOL at that Kenji's comic, that's why I don't despise his S.Link.. at least its very funny how dumb he is at the end.. instead the other S.Link that not even memorable.

PK Gaming

Regarding P1 PSP, its just me or the gameplay (in battle)are better than P2 PSP?
Its just more snappier.. if that make sense

LOL at that Kenji's comic, that's why I don't despise his S.Link.. at least its very funny how dumb he is at the end.. instead the other S.Link that not even memorable.
That comic is extremely versatile. I love how it literally sums up everything you need to know about Kenji.

cj_iwakura

Can anyone confirm if that art of FeMC in the Way of Life video is a Soejima piece? If it is, her hips and legs seem uncharacteristicslly large for Soejima's style. I want to say that it looks closer to realistic proportions, but I think it's that Soejima likes to draw more petite females.

Definitely not Soejima.

FluxWaveZ

It's kind of crazy for me to think that all of that Persona stuff, including Persona 5, was only announced a week ago. Feels like I've known about them for so much longer.

Squire

Banned
Somebody should do a web comic about (P4 spoilers)
Teddie getting into hijinx during the time period where it's just him and Yu living in the Dojima household.

Squire

Banned
I will kill your girlfriend.

I will kill your uncle.

I will kill your little cousin.

(Um, P4 spoilers still, I guess)

Teddie: "I know I shouldn't read Sensei's mail... but I can't resist! Oh, forgive me Sebsei!!!

*reads letter*

Teddie: "Oh NO!!!

Wait. I have a girlfriend?

Is she... cute? :3"

txag2005

Banned
So I'm one of the many new Vita owners due to the great Black Friday sales.

Now that I have a Vita, I'm ready to finally dive into the Persona series, which I've been wanting to do for years. I believe all of the persona games are available in some form on Vita

Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Persona 3 as PSP titles and Personal 2 Eternal Punishment as a PSone classic.

So are all the titles recommended? Should I just start with Persona 1 and go forward? Should I dive right into P3?

Guess Who

Banned

Now that I have a Vita, I'm ready to finally dive into the Persona series, which I've been wanting to do for years. I believe all of the persona games are available in some form on Vita

Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, Persona 3 as PSP titles and Personal 2 Eternal Punishment as a PSone classic.

So are all the titles recommended? Should I just start with Persona 1 and go forward? Should I dive right into P3?

P1/2 and P3/4 are very different games. You don't have to play in order; the connections between each game are pretty loose. I'd probably recommend starting with P3P.

How much can you deal with old school rpg mechanics, maze like dungeons and random encounters?

Guess Who

Banned
Do you mind giving me a cliff notes version of what the differences are?

P1 and P2 are pretty much entirely different games from P3 and P4. Gameplay and battles are much more like traditional SMT games, with demons, negotiation, no social links, P1 even has first person dungeon crawling. Much more old-school JRPG style. P3/P4 are similar games to each other, on the other hand, with more of a high school anime plot, a social/dating sim element, and streamlined battle systems.

txag2005

Banned
Hmm, I don't mind more traditional old school JRPG's, but then again with the time committment each of these games requires, I'm thinking it might be best for me to just dive into P3. I have the older Personas available for me on the Vita if I ever decide to dive back into those.

Now the final question, P3P or P3 FES on PSN? Seems like P3P features a new protagonist and better combat but FES has full cutscenes/a fully 3d world and more content.

Hmm, I don't mind more traditional old school JRPG's, but then again with the time committment each of these games requires, I'm thinking it might be best for me to just dive into P3. I have the older Personas available for me on the Vita if I ever decide to dive back into those.

Now the final question, P3P or P3 FES on PSN? Seems like P3P features a new protagonist and better combat but FES has full cutscenes/a fully 3d world and more content.

If you're not sure you have the time to do them all, go straight into P3P, and watch a let's play of the Answer. Then I would say go onto P4G, and play P1 and P2 if you want more :c

Caladrius

You're right, it's insane actually. Feels like so much longer.

Well, you know what they say. Time flies when you're (speculatively) having fun!

We're at the "post-announcement doldrums" point.

It always feels like forever during this phase.

Man, fuck this bomb shelter dungeon.. and the guide barely helping.. ugh

Take a break and come back to it later. I found it a bit more bearable that way.

I unfortunately can't help you because I got out of there by accident.

-

Apparently I got drunk and signed off on an arcade rail shooter series featuring busty women drawn by the DeSu artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom