• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It even looks like a more typical story mode than P4A had. I wonder if P5 will use a similar presentation with the faces, as opposed to 2D art?

Hmm... I hadn't considered that. I figured they'd either go for the P3/P4 style with HD portraits (like Arena), or they'd just do cutscenes like Catherine. P4D does kinda look like a midway point between those two, could be really cool.

Hmm... I hadn't considered that. I figured they'd either go for the P3/P4 style with HD portraits (like Arena), or they'd just do cutscenes like Catherine. P4D does kinda look like a midway point between those two, could be really cool.

It could give us some insight into what they're planning to do with Persona5

Caladrius

In a twist she'll probably be
another aspect of Izanami or something.

Izanami is really an immortal high-school aged girl
confirmed.

Wait a minute.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dantis

No more Naoto more like.

Boy, are you going to be upset when you see my next picture then.

I kind of wish Rise went with her epilogue design. Her poofy hair makes her look kind of silly. Then again, every character that's been revealed so far looks silly.

I'm actually eagerly anticipating the new designs for the rest of the investigation team.

I think it is epilogue Rise, but with her hair up. I'm pretty sure it's longer though, like in the epilogue.

I am so, so curious what everyone else is going to look like. I have a suspicion that Yukiko will look the best.

So we can confirm that she's an alien now?

Don't be silly, this is Persona!

She's an android.

PK Gaming

Man I actually like Kanamin, but if she gets a Persona...

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

Squire

Banned
I'm pretty sure I heard Laura Bailey say on a podcast that she liked singing True Story and would've loved to do the whole song.

I guess she'll get her chance!

I'm pretty sure I heard Laura Bailey say on a podcast that she liked singing True Story and would've loved to do the whole song.

Yeah, she said that at a convention while she was recording for Golden. It'd be great to hear her full version of it! ^o^

I really hope that Time to Make History is in the game, too. It's probably my favourite vocal battle track in the series.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, she said that at a convention while she was recording for Golden. It'd be great to hear her full version of it! ^o^

I really hope that Time to Make History is in the game, too. It's probably my favourite vocal battle track in the series.

Yeah, they'll almost certainly do that for the dub then. Great! Love Laura/Rise/the song!

EMT0

Banned
Alright, three-way S-Link. Just like the Yu-Daisuke-Kou trifecta. As for Arcana...the Star Arcana seems fitting.

180px-StarCard.jpg

"It's a strong card, one that gives hope to those on the ground below. It shines in times of need. But, eventually, it is destined to fall to the earth and disappear... Even I can feel the sadness of this inescapable destiny..."

—Margaret, Persona 4

EDIT: PersonaGAF is now MotherGAF. That sounds odd.

Gazoinks

EDIT: PersonaGAF is now MotherGAF. That sounds odd.

Sounds suspiciously Freudian.

I think I overall like Mother 3 the most, but Giygas in Earthbound is one of my favorite boss battles in any game.

I really need to take a stab at getting into some more JRPGs. Love Persona, love Mother, not much of a Final Fantasy person though. Maybe Shadow Hearts? I wish there were more RPGs set in the present, or at least the 20th century.

Relatedly (and on topic!) it'd be interesting to someday see a Persona game that was a period piece. Seriously doubt it'd ever happen, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see one that took place in the 20s or something. Guess that's what Raidou is for.

EMT0

Banned

I think I overall like Mother 3 the most, but Giygas in Earthbound is one of my favorite boss battles in any game.

I really need to take a stab at getting into some more JRPGs. Love Persona, love Mother, not much of a Final Fantasy person though. Maybe Shadow Hearts? I wish there were more RPGs set in the present, or at least the 20th century.

Relatedly (and on topic!) it'd be interesting to someday see a Persona game that was a period piece. Seriously doubt it'd ever happen, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see one that took place in the 20s or something. Guess that's what Raidou is for.

I got about a quarter of the way through Mother 3 before the internet spoiled it for me. Motivation then petered out :(

Also in the same boat as you as far RPGs. I'm willing to give just about anything a shot, but my interest tends to burn out. I've gotten to the last area of FF7 three times now but never actually beaten the game. Chrono Trigger? Gave out two-thirds through. TWEWY? Halfway through. 'Tis sad

Soriku

Tales. Try Vesperia or Xillia.

Shadow Hearts Covenant is pretty good too.

Gazoinks

I got about a quarter of the way through Mother 3 before the internet spoiled it for me. Motivation then petered out :(

Also in the same boat as you as far RPGs. I'm willing to give just about anything a shot, but my interest tends to burn out. I've gotten to the last area of FF7 three times now but never actually beaten the game. Chrono Trigger? Gave out two-thirds through. TWEWY? Halfway through. 'Tis sad

That's a shame, it's pretty great. Also REALLY sad at points.

I got up to the last dungeon of FF13 but decided I didn't feel like grinding to get over the difficulty spike so I quit. Only FF games I've beat are X and X-2, doesn't help that I can't stand the ATB system most of the time. I'm personally a big fan of classic western RPGs like Arcanum, Fallout, etc. but I've always had issues getting into JRPGs (and even modern WRPGs). I should give Chrono Trigger a go, I think I was like 10 the last time I played it. I got up to the future world and then stopped.

Squire

Banned
I take
Two steps forward
I take two steps back
We come together
'Cause opp-o-sites attract

Her performance as The Boss is my favourite so far this year.

And you know,
It ain't fiction,
It's a natural faaaaact!

We come together,
'Cause opp
Osites
Attract!

<3 The Boss

So, I notice Meguro always does like an EPs worth of vocal tracks for Persona games. 7 tracks in P4 vanilla, 4 more for P4G, 7 for the anime. Then there's "Best Friends" in Arena and "Carousel". And whatever new stuff they come up with.

They're pretty well-equipped to do this without it feeling forced.

Finish Chrono Trigger, It's worth it.

Caladrius

Tales. Try Vesperia or Xillia.

Shadow Hearts Covenant is pretty good too.

I actually bought Xillia the other day. I tried getting into Abyss but I simply couldn't bring myself to care for it for some reason. Maybe I'll try that one again eventually. I hope this goes better.

Sophia

Kanami Mashita (voiced by Minako Kotobuki) – She goes by the nickname Kanamin, and is one of Rise’s junior idols. As a little sister idol she has many fans and is well loved. Members of her unit, Kanamin Kitchen, go missing in the Mayonaka Stage.

Interesting choice of voice actor. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom