• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys just want to have evidence against Dantis. I'm on to you guys.

Get something good

muq0.png

z493.png

aofl.png

26on.png

3ou2.png

nht1.png

It's kind of crazy for me to think that all of that Persona stuff, including Persona 5, was only announced a week ago. Feels like I've known about them for so much longer.

Probably due to the lack of information. There's not really anything to digest or think about.

What really blows my mind is that it's been about a year and a half since SMT IV was announced.

It's kind of funny how they left some of the sprites completely untouched between the PS1 versions in spite of all the changes they made.

Watching that stream last night reminded me on how much more I love the first two games.

What really blows my mind is that it's been about a year and a half since SMT IV was announced.

Pretty sure we're going to get Persona 5 before we even hear about SMT IV. . .

It's kind of funny how they left some of the sprites completely untouched between the PS1 versions in spite of all the changes they made.

For some reason Yukino is the only one who hardly changed from Revelations: Persona to Shin Megami Tensei: Persona. She went from Yukino to her nickname Yuki, her sprite and portrait is the same in both, her personality remained the same. Her Persona is the only one of the main cast and all the other Personas you can get that is not renamed, Vesta, where as others became STARION, VOODOO, and SHAMAN

I still can't get over some of the cosmetic changes to the characters. I mean Mark obviously, but why make Elly blond? Ayase is already blond... NEED MOAR BLOND I guess. It all just seems so arbitrary. Plus they removed all references to Japan; imagine if Persona 3 or 4 had that kind of localization...

*shudders*

Dantis

I still can't get over some of the cosmetic changes to the characters. I mean Mark obviously, but why make Elly blond? Ayase is already blond... NEED MOAR BLOND I guess. It all just seems so arbitrary. Plus they removed all references to Japan; imagine if Persona 3 or 4 had that kind of localization...

*shudders*

Coulda got rid of all that weeb BS, am I right?

Caladrius

For some reason Yukino is the only one who hardly changed from Revelations: Persona to Shin Megami Tensei: Persona. She went from Yukino to her nickname Yuki, her sprite and portrait is the same in both, her personality remained the same. Her Persona is the only one of the main cast and all the other Personas you can get that is not renamed, Vesta, where as others became STARION, VOODOO, and SHAMAN

Was there one called PUDDING?

As for Yukino, maybe they were looking to have a token Asian.

*shudders*

If I heard right they forgot to remove a shinto shrine.
It's a good thing they learned better before EP Persona would probably be deader than dead if they didn't.

Coulda got rid of all that weeb BS, am I right?
image.php

You honestly make this far too easy.

EMT0

Banned
Don't you know, we're very protective of our weeb BS here. ;-)

And of our weeb wet blanket too. You're famous amongst us Persona weebs Dantis. It's time to elevate from plain old Jack Dantis to King Dantis, hee ho!

If you know where Philipine is, then you're set.

fertygo

I get pass the bomb shelter, hooray!
Btw the gameplay is horrible but faithfully following guide just made it even more suckier.. I enjoy it much more when I accept the guessing with trial and error mechanic of demon negotiation..

*shudders*

Reminds me that Phoenix Wright localization has the game set in the US.

Reminds me that Phoenix Wright localization has the game set in the US.

A choice which totally screwed them over when the second game was localized. Yup, Los Angeles sure is known for its mountainous regions and spiritual villlages :p

Dual Destinies justified it decently well though, as they use the excuse of Japanese immigrants to explain all of the crazy hardcore Japanese stuff.

Meia

Of COURSE the personas can dance too! Can't wait to see Chie with Tomoe dancing to Kung-Fu Fighting!

Game will probably look pretty, just hope the designs aren't, well, stupid. So far, not so good. :p

Caladrius

I just realized that those things hanging off of Izanagi's helmet were belts.

In fact the more I look at Izanagi the more it makes me think that Yu is a major leather fetishist.

Dantis

EDIT: Wait, you don't want Kanamin engulfing your screen?!

Only if I want to force myself to throw up for whatever reason.

Astoundingly terrible design.

Haha so they're actually going for a full fledged story mode. Oh lordy. I wonder how they're going to rope the rest of the cast into dancing.

It even looks like a more typical story mode than P4A had. I wonder if P5 will use a similar presentation with the faces, as opposed to 2D art?

Only if I want to force myself to throw up for whatever reason.

Astoundingly terrible design.

It even looks like a more typical story mode than P4A had. I wonder if P5 will use a similar presentation with the faces, as opposed to 2D art?

I'm sure Soejima could make even her design look good if he ever were to draw her in an everyday normal non-idol outfit

PK Gaming

I kind of wish Rise went with her epilogue design. Her poofy hair makes her look kind of silly. Then again, every character that's been revealed so far looks silly.

I'm actually eagerly anticipating the new designs for the rest of the investigation team.

I kind of wish Rise went with her epilogue design. Her poofy hair makes her look kind of silly. Then again, every character that's been revealed so far looks silly.

I'm actually eagerly anticipating the new designs for the rest of the investigation team.

I really hope Kani is Nerd!Kanji, because watching him bust a move in that outfit would be a riot.

It'll probably be Punk!Kanji though. Maybe they'll at least give him a Grease- or Footloose-inspired outfit to make up for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom