• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cR4BxOz.jpg

7rYJlFa.jpg

Also, didn't realize you could get an exclusive black/grey version of this.

dyNbchg.jpg

I'm going through a Rise phase. Cut me some slack.

Rise phases are acceptable.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
I must be one of the few people who actually likes going into Tartarus. Yes, even in the beginning. Especially in P3P because the tired system got nerfed.

nah maybe I'm just a little crazy :p

Sometimes I feel like I spent too much time in there, especially towards the end when I wanted to test out all the fancy personas. Sometimes I'd unintentionally kill two floorbosses in one go, I'd think I would die on the second fight and I only wanted to try it to see how I should prepare, but then I end up just barely winning.

not those. The gashapon ones. Mini-figures would be the correct term.

You mean these ones?

Code:
[IMG]http://myanimeshelf.com/upload/dynamic/2013-09/20/pic_persona3_g_big6.jpg[/IMG]

Those are super cute; would definitely get the Yukari, Junpei, and Mitsuru ones. I thought you meant this Makoto one and this Liz one.

You should totally get those too. :D

The Arena figure is actually crazy affordable. Just looked it up on Amazon. ~$30 with shipping.

It's more of having no real disposable income at the moment and my mom would probably get mad if I bought something nice for myself this close to Christmas :p

You mean these ones?

Code:
[IMG]http://myanimeshelf.com/upload/dynamic/2013-09/20/pic_persona3_g_big6.jpg[/IMG]

Those are super cute; would definitely get the Yukari, Junpei, and Mitsuru ones. I thought you meant this Makoto one and this Liz one.

You should totally get those too. :D

Man I would love to have the Akihiko, Mitsuru-- hell, I'd love to have all of them.

Sophia

For some reason I thought this was Sophia posting this and thought "Sophia doesn't type like that normally..."

Ha. I did say I wasn't going to use it right away and someone else could have it. I prefer transparent ones.

Definitely using the Aigis one from the movie site when it comes up.

PK Gaming

Is it me, or has PersonaGAF gotten really awesome now.

I think it's because of the influx of new users / the announcement of Persona 5.

Ha. I did say I wasn't going to use it right away and someone else could have it. I prefer transparent ones.

Definitely using the Aigis one from the movie site when it comes up.

I know you said you wouldn't use it right away, but I'm so used to seeing you with some sort of Aigis avatar, lol.

Squire

Banned
By the way, I was at school when I saw it, but I think an Akihiko gif in the boxden style was posted a few pages back.

Amazing.

More questions about Persona Q (mostly about the MC's)

• Do they have names?
  • Even if they don't have names, are they silent?
  • Are they wild cards or are they stuck with their own personas?
  • Can the characters get their ultimate personae? Since its an alternate universe it could work
  • What color am I thinking of?

Squire

Banned
I'm sorry, I know it's obvious, but do we have firm confirmation there's nothing new in P magazine? Tell me so I can move on, please.

All the Rise in this thread, yo dawg :p

Whoa, hold up! Mustard is awesome!
ib2etfYy11sYAy.gif

*fistbump*

And yeah, these people have some crazy opinions re: corn dogs.

FluxWaveZ

In the P4A art book, Wada states that the main reason why the initial versions of the Personas are used for the P4 cast and the evolved versions for the P3 cast is actually because of narrative reasons, something I hadn't considered. I thought that they were used simply because they're the most iconic, but in addition he states that it's because the evolved forms in P4 are reliant on the optional Social Links, so not all players would have seen the evolved forms while everyone's at least seen the original forms.

I preferred P3's way of handling the evolutions where they were very much tied to the game's narrative. Made for some way more exciting and memorable moments as opposed to the S. Link level 10 scenes in P4.

Trigger

More questions about Persona Q (mostly about the MC's)

• Do they have names?
  • Even if they don't have names, are they silent?
  • Are they wild cards or are they stuck with their own personas?
  • Can the characters get their ultimate personae? Since its an alternate universe it could work
  • What color am I thinking of?

I'm assuming whoever you don't control will have a defined personality and name. I picture unlocking the ultimate persona for each character as some special quest reward.

Sophia

In the P4A art book, Wada states that the main reason why the initial versions of the Personas are used for the P4 cast and the evolved versions for the P3 cast is actually because of narrative reasons, something I hadn't considered. I thought that they were used simply because they're the most iconic, but in addition he states that it's because the evolved forms in P4 are reliant on the optional Social Links, so not all players would have seen the evolved forms while everyone's at least seen the original forms.

I preferred P3's way of handling the evolutions where they were very much tied to the game's narrative. Made for some way more exciting and memorable moments as opposed to the S. Link level 10 scenes in P4.

I really want to read the story section of the interview. There was a sample from the beginning posted online by Udon.... gah, why must you be so expensive book!? :S

Meia

I remember pointing this out in the first OT I think way back when and this was the probable reason, but then someone pointed out that Teddie's link is pretty much like P3's in that it's story based and not optional, so not sure what to make of that explanation.

Had figured that was what they went for, which is kind of crap. Considering each of the characters face their shadow selves in the story for Arena 1, they could have easily had a system where they "unlock" their new personas and then you could just choose between them on character select or something. Hoping they at least do this in Arena 2.

Marche90

Always LTTP in this thread. Why is it that my classes absolutely destroy my schedule? :(

So I finally managed to snag a copy of Valkyria Chronicles. Hopefully it will live up to hype :p

Hahaha, oh god

It does (bought it last month). And I still haven't finished it yet!

cR4BxOz.jpg

7rYJlFa.jpg

Also, didn't realize you could get an exclusive black/grey version of this.

dyNbchg.jpg

I'm going through a Rise phase. Cut me some slack.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

FluxWaveZ

I really want to read the story section of the interview. There was a sample from the beginning posted online by Udon.... gah, why must you be so expensive book!? :S

I'm only glancing at some interview parts right now because this thing is massive, but I'm surprised at how detailed they get into Labrys' story and the android series of robots as a whole, explicitly stating stuff like how she's technically a Persona 3 character wearing a Persona 4 uniform and why the story revolves around her. It's interesting how Yuichiro Tanaka says that they have yet to introduce a sixth-generation android.

Sho Minazuki in P4A2 is a counterpart to that seeing how he's pretty much a Persona 4 character in design when one considers his Persona and potential origin. I like how P4A2's character select screen accurately reflects that with P4 at the top, P3 at the bottom.

And if we had gotten this magazine way earlier, I could have totally called out a sequel to P4A2 happening because of this line from Wada:
"Persona 4 Arena" was our first attempt at a "Persona" fighting game, so we focused heavily on making sure we had a solid foundation with all of the basic components a player would expect from a fighting game. This of course means that I at least want to see how far we can expand this horizon as well. [...] I would love it if the name "Persona" eventually earned its place as a staple of the fighting game genre.

I remember pointing this out in the first OT I think way back when and this was the probable reason, but then someone pointed out that Teddie's link is pretty much like P3's in that it's story based and not optional, so not sure what to make of that explanation.

Had figured that was what they went for, which is kind of crap. Considering each of the characters face their shadow selves in the story for Arena 1, they could have easily had a system where they "unlock" their new personas and then you could just choose between them on character select or something. Hoping they at least do this in Arena 2.

That idea of selectable Personas sounds absurdly complex from both a gameplay perspective and for the developers, especially combined with the Shadow versions, but it is interesting to consider Teddie and how it contradicts their explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom