• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been calling him PerSHOna. :p

PerShona, duh!

tumblr_m7wl9qyV2A1rw8hxbo1_1280.gif

kewlmyc

They'll probably use his last name instead, and they'll most likely use Italics or something to distinguish him from normal Sho.

People can't speak in italics, silly Cal.

Typing him as SHO is easy enough, but differentiating from Sho and SHO while actually speaking might be difficult. Unlike Melty Blood, where's there 3 Shikis who everyone just refers to their last names (Tohno, Nanaya, Ryouji), in P4A2 it's going to get confusing since in English their names are the exact same, one just has all caps. Wish they went with naming the new character something different.

It'll probably be Sho/Shou, which is what they did with Raido/Raidou.

As stated, it'll still be difficult to differentiate them when talking, not typing. Unless the "u" isn't silent.

kewlmyc

Hm, most of these are just from the Famitsu article, though. Looking forward to seeing more of him on the 19th.

I hope there's more characters than this. Having all the characters by the end of this year, yet console release being 6 months away would be lame. BlazBlue did the same, but had 3 console exclusive characters.

Default is Sho'nuff, Persona is Foe'sho.
You win sir.

Caladrius

People can't speak in italics, silly Cal.

Typing him as SHO is easy enough, but differentiating from Sho and SHO while actually speaking might be difficult. Unlike Melty Blood, where's there 3 Shikis who everyone just refers to their last names (Tohno, Nanaya, Ryouji), in P4A2 it's going to get confusing since in English their names are the exact same, one just has all caps. Wish they went with naming the new character something different.

As stated, it'll still be difficult to differentiate them when talking, not typing. Unless the "u" isn't silent.

I meant using his last name in the audio and italics in text.

FluxWaveZ

I hope there's more characters than this. Having all the characters by the end of this year, yet console release being 6 months away would be lame. BlazBlue did the same, but had 3 console exclusive characters.

Izayoi, Mu and Nu were added months after the initial arcade release for CP in addition to Kagura, Kokonoe and Terumi exclusive for consoles.

There's no doubt in my mind that there won't be more characters added to the roster, whether it's timed for the arcade release or straight for the console release. Explained more in-depth as to why before.

kewlmyc

I meant using his last name in the audio and italics in text.

That could work.

I mean, it's impossible to differentiate in the Japanese version too, just like it was difficult to differentiate between Catherine and Katherine, so???

Catherine and Katherine weren't in fighting games though. I'm gonna loathe Sho vs. Persona SHO fights on stream.

Izayoi, Mu and Nu were added months after the initial arcade release for CP in addition to Kagura, Kokonoe and Terumi exclusive for consoles.

There's no doubt in my mind that there won't be more characters added to the roster, whether it's timed for the arcade release or straight for the console release. Explained more in-depth as to why before.

Yeah, you have. Hopefully your right, or else it'll seem slightly disappointing. Especially with all the teases of you know who.

im trying to mess around in the JP PC version of Megami Ibunroku Persona but after it runs for a few seconds, it slows everything to a halt and my OS is going at a snails pace lol.

for those curious about the differences between it and the ps1 version:

The player can distribute the stats for all party members, not just the main character.
Characters do not automatically select a new target if their original target is killed before they act.
Experience after battle is distributed equally among party members.
The player can turn off battle animations.
There is no voice acting.

Swedesu

Hello everyone! I finally got accepted after waiting for like 2 months.

Surprisingly enough I enjoy Atlus games though I only got into them about a year ago.
Been lurking here for a while now and all the shenanigans and the rarely seen insightful discussions convinced me I needed to be a part of it.

So here I am.... I guess.

FluxWaveZ

I meant the first one. This year's finals were great.

Ah, alright. It had good viewership and participation and was definitely more exciting than Injustice was, but I also have doubts it'll return, but mainly because of Chronophantasma. Then again, I think P4A's performance at EVO was better than in the past with BB.

Mr. Wizard asked what people would want to see most at EVO 2014 between the three ASW games and there were more responses for P4A2 than CP, so I guess it remains to be seen.

Surprisingly enough I enjoy Atlus games though I only got into them about a year ago.
Been lurking here for a while now and all the shenanigans and the rarely seen insightful discussions convinced me I needed to be a part of it.

Welcome! I have introduce myself today too! :)

Good, goooood!!!! more newcomers, soon all of Neogaf will feel the trembling of the earth beneath our Legions!! Welcome brother!

kewlmyc

Ah, alright. It had good viewership and participation and was definitely more exciting than Injustice was, but I also have doubts it'll return, but mainly because of Chronophantasma. Then again, I think P4A's performance at EVO was better than in the past with BB.

Mr. Wizard asked what people would want to see most at EVO 2014 between the three ASW games and there were more responses for P4A2 than CP, so I guess it remains to be seen.

We don't even know the release dates of P4A2 and Guilty Gear Xrd. Plus, BB always seems to bomb onscreen viewer wise, so depends on Guilty Gear and P4A2's releases. It would also be silly to have the original P4A on there considering the Japanese players would have been way too adjusted to P4A2 by then.

We'll probably just get BB:CP and have Mr.Wizard bitch about the viewership of BB again.

Gazoinks

Welcome!

Welcome! :D

Sophia

You should turn back while there is still hope.

Juniors are flooding in, holy jeez. Welcome!

Indeed. Seems like we've had a ton of new members to our little subcommunity. Good ones too.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm still slightly iffy on how much they'll add. BB's a special case since that's one of ASW's own main games, so it's not a surprise for them adding more for them.

P4A is the first where ASW made a game using someone else's characters and was able to make a sequel.
So I feel like there's no pattern I can truly compare it to. Depends on Atlus's plans.

EMT0

Banned
You should turn back while there is still hope.

Indeed. Seems like we've had a ton of new members to our little subcommunity. Good ones too.

I figured we were one of the most active communities by far, but this is a little nuts lol

FluxWaveZ

Too bad the grand finals was so boring. :/

Lord Knight fucked it up, of course.

We don't even know the release dates of P4A2 and Guilty Gear Xrd. Plus, BB always seems to bomb onscreen viewer wise, so depends on Guilty Gear and P4A2's releases. It would also be silly to have the original P4A on there considering the Japanese players would have been way too adjusted to P4A2 by then.

We'll probably just get BB:CP and have Mr.Wizard bitch about the viewership of BB again.

I didn't consider this point. Given that P4A2's coming out in summer and Xrd's gonna be out in late 2014, the only new ASW game that'll be out on consoles by EVO 2014 will probably just be CP. I don't know which would be the most popular between P4A or CP at this point, but it'd be funny if BB performed like crap again and that made it so anime games were again no longer present for the main games at EVO.

kewlmyc

Too bad the grand finals was so boring. :/

I liked it. I like seeing Mitsuru's getting blown up, but that's just me. I do admit it was too big a blowup though. It was like watching a MMA fighter fight a middle schooler for 6 minutes straight. A Teddie won if I recall correctly, right? Or was it Aigis?

Moonlight

Banned
Would've loved to have seen Bananaken vs Yume (as did a lot of people).
That after hours Personacast after the finals more or less scratched that particular itch, but yeah, it'd have been really nice to see BK go head to head against Yume. Even though he probably wouldn't have taken it then, I am definitely sure that it'd have been a little more interesting to watch than what ended up happening with Lord Knight.

Sophia

I liked it. I like seeing Mitsuru's getting blown up, but that's just me. I do admit it was too big a blowup though. It was like watching a MMA fighter fight a middle schooler for 6 minutes straight. A Teddie won if I recall correctly, right?

....? The Teddie players were 4th and 7th.

1st place was Yume (Aigis), 2nd was LordKnight (Mitsuru), 3rd was BananaKen (Shadow Labrys)

kewlmyc

....? The Teddie players were 4th and 7th.

1st place was Yume (Aigis), 2nd was LordKnight (Mitsuru), 3rd was BananaKen (Shadow Labrys)

For some reason I thought a Teddie won. I guess the grand final bored me more than I thought it initially did. I do remember there being a godlike Aigis though. I also remember the Shadow Labrys.

Sophia

For some reason I thought a Teddie won. I guess the grand final bored me more than I thought it initially did. I do remember there being a godlike Aigis though. I also remember the Shadow Labrys.

Yeah that godlike Aigis was Yume, who won the grand championship match rather easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom