• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Can you elaborate?

I think he was talking about how (P3 + FES ending spoilers)
Nyx is allegedly destroyed in P3's ending but in the Answer is fine and Erebus pops up as the personification of human desire responsible for calling her to the human world. The ending doesn't foreshadow it, as far as I remember. It's implied that human desire was what brought her there, but Erebus himself has no actual connection to the rest of the story and isn't alluded to in The Journey.

FluxWaveZ

I think he was talking about how (P3 + FES ending spoilers)
Nyx is allegedly destroyed in P3's ending but in the Answer is fine and Erebus pops up as the personification of human desire responsible for calling her to the human world. The ending doesn't foreshadow it, as far as I remember. It's implied that human desire was what brought her there, but Erebus himself has no actual connection to the rest of the story and isn't alluded to in The Journey.

I think you're mixing more than a few things up here.

FluxWaveZ

Elucidaaaaaaate. That is what I remember happening. Of course I only played the answer once and I've only played P3 twice 2 years ago.

Well, for one,
Nyx is the avatar that calls Erebus to destroy the world, not vice versa. Erebus is probably implied several times across the story since I'm not sure it's ever mentioned that Nyx is the one who was going to destroy the world herself.

Levito

Banned
Not going to post everything I got, but this was the best stuff:

BcWgCpVCQAAUljR.jpg

Also EMT got me Remember Me on Steam AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH <3

Fuck yeah! Can't wait to hear what you think.

:'(

That reminds me how she used to be your avatar and you were glowing about her being one of the best protagonists of the year. I saw some other topic on here where someone was saying she was one of the worst protagonists of the year.

Squire

Banned
that reminds me how she used to be your avatar and you were glowing about her being one of the best protagonists of the year and I saw some other topic on here where people were saying she was one of the worst protagonists of the year.

What? How? She's so good! Link?

Caladrius

Well, for one,
Nyx is the avatar that calls Erebus to destroy the world, not vice versa. Erebus is probably implied several times across the story since I'm not sure it's ever mentioned that Nyx is the one who was going to destroy the world herself.

I looked it up and I'm definitely wrong about
Nyx dying, but I could have sworn it was Erebus trying to contact her so she would initiate the fall.

FluxWaveZ

Nyx dying, but I could have sworn it was Erebus trying to contact her so she would initiate the fall.

I guess we were both wrong, as you were right about the latter point according to the wiki. Still, that all goes back to the original point and I would say both narratives of The Journey as well as The Answer are properly interconnected.

EMT0

Banned

It's what I thought too tbh

Erebus manifests through the emotions of mankind -> Goes to Nyx -> If reach Nyx, DOOOOOM, Nyx ends everything -> Else Minato will play superwall of the forever

Caladrius

I guess we were both wrong, as you were right about the latter point according to the wiki. Still, that all goes back to the original point and I would say both narratives of The Journey as well as The Answer are properly interconnected.

I'm ultimately fine with how it turned out (though I feel
if Erebus was planned from the start they should have telegraphed his appearance better [nobody avatar quote me]
), I was mainly attempting to explain Dantis's point of view (and failing miserably.)

who is that

Some FeMC ripoff

PK Gaming

Does anyone have those hilarious set of P3 image macros? You know, the ones with Junpei saying "Shit!" and Yukari saying "...video games."

PK Gaming

I managed to clear the 7th Chapter in Valkyria Chronicles on my first try

kay-nose(b).gif

@pan-hime: Thanks a million! I gotta find that video games image, its my favorite one haha.

Jintor

tumblr_myctk7Q0c21sh1yawo1_500.jpg

Poor Yosuke, lol.

Hmm, makes me think of that time Tim Schafer worked out the characterisation of half his cast for Psychonauts by making them friendster accounts. (This was back in 2005, I believe)

?
"Your body feel weak, and decide to sleep early"

Its can't get more obvious than that.
I assumed he'd die straight after the Nyx fight not months later. I'm also generally skeptical about a fictional death when nothing has been explicitly shown or stated although The Answer obviously changes that.

Also watching an LP of The Answer right now. It's driving me crazy how they just repeat the same thins about friendship and loss over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom