• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

kanji_tatsumi_avatar_1___soejima_atlusnet_by_darkside989-d70u42r.png

kanji_tatsumi_avatar_2___soejima_atlusnet_by_darkside989-d70u47g.png

rise_kujikawa_avatar_1___soejima_atlusnet_by_darkside989-d70u4c9.png

Yay! Thanks. :)

Here's an update to my latest project:

I had a few people mention that the color behind the Persona was distracting, so I went back and took another look at it. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to keep the Persona and change the color in a way that looked good to me, so I tried another idea. I switched out the Persona for the game's school emblem. That way I can still change them up for each cast while having something not quite as distracting. Plus I was able to fit in the PQ logo at the same time.

Thoughts? This still isn't final, so let me have it! :p

Has anyone in here played Professor Layton and The Azran Legacy? I want to talk with someone about it.
Maybe I should look for the official topic though. But I prefer talking with you.

Dantis

Wow, that's really striking. Is there some image dump that has all of his high contrast stuff? Is a lot of it in his book?

Yep. He did an awful lot of that kind of thing for P3P.

weg7xkK.jpg

He did a lot of art like in Catherine too, but that art book would be harder for you to find.

Dantis

I really need to get that book. It's $95 on Amazon right now though :lol

Do you have any links to his stuff in that style? I'd really appreciate it.

I guess it's time to play a game of 'Let's feel bad about our drawing skills'!

Fun fact: That last one is actually my favourite picture Soejima has done. It's my wallpaper on various devices and I have an A2 print of it as well.

Moonlight

Banned
As much as I really love his high contrast stuff, I wish he did more airbrush stuff. I've only seen... like, two of those from Soejima, and both of them were Aigis. And both of them were amazing.

Dantis

As much as I really love his high contrast stuff, I wish he did more airbrush stuff. I've only seen... like, two of those from Soejima, and both of them were Aigis. And both of them were amazing.

Hmm? You mean the digital painting on the front of Soejima Artworks, right?

I'm fairly sure he's only done one full on airbrush painting of Aigis. The only other digital painting I know of is his one of Catherine.

I fuckin' LOVE his high contrast stuff.

It just me want to cry myself to sleep.

Moonlight

Banned
Hmm? You mean the digital painting on the front of Soejima Artworks, right?

I'm fairly sure he's only done one full on airbrush painting of Aigis. The only other digital painting I know of is his one of Catherine.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I could have sworn he did another one of Aigis, but I've been looking for it and I can't find it. So maybe I'm just crazy.

All that Soejima art makes me wonder how Persona 5 characters will look like and the badass art that will feature them.
This is definitely what's been driving me crazy since P5 got announced. I'm almost as excited for new Soejima art as I am for the game itself.

Dantis

All that Soejima art makes me wonder how Persona 5 characters will look like and the badass art that will feature them.

I get so anxious when I think about it.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I could have sworn he did another one of Aigis, but I've been looking for it and I can't find it. So maybe I'm just crazy.

This is definitely what's been driving me crazy since P5 got announced. I'm almost as excited for new Soejima art as I am for the game itself.

There's a really good piece of fan art where the guy emulated the style and drew over a 3D model of Aigis as a base. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Acid08

Banned
HD assets should be fucking amazing for P5. UI is going to look so good.

Do you guys think they're going to go for the same look with the character portraits with dialogue though? I feel like they wouldn't even need to anymore if the models themselves are much higher fidelity.

Gazoinks

Do you guys think they're going to go for the same look with the character portraits with dialogue though? I feel like they wouldn't even need to anymore if the models themselves are much higher fidelity.

I really don't know, and I kind of have mixed feelings about it. It could be more involving and lively if they did more cutscene-style stuff (they did that in Catherine, yes?), but on the other hand I feel like the VN-style portraits with text is kind of part of the charm of the presentation.

64p0UBb.gif

realtalk: I could see them going the Devil Summoner Raidou route, where it uses high quality models for dialogue busts, but I feel like we're almost guaranteed to see the creepy pseudo-animated portrait stuff that's so popular nowadays.

For the regular boring day-to-day dialogue, anyway. I'm hoping the Actual Important Story Scenes are like, actual cutscenes with actual framing and whatnot instead of just having the party stand on one side of the screen and the villains stand on the other and the occasional dutch angle.

Acid08

Banned
realtalk: I could see them going the Devil Summoner Raidou route, where it uses high quality models for dialogue busts, but I feel like we're almost guaranteed to see the creepy pseudo-animated portrait stuff that's so popular nowadays.

For the regular boring day-to-day dialogue, anyway. I'm hoping the Actual Important Story Scenes are like, actual cutscenes with actual framing and whatnot instead of just having the party stand on one side of the screen and the villains stand on the other and the occasional dutch angle.

Think we'll get anime cutscenes this time around? If they're as shit as most of them have been in the past then I'd rather see them replaced by in-engine stuff.

FluxWaveZ

Think we'll get anime cutscenes this time around? If they're as shit as most of them have been in the past then I'd rather see them replaced by in-engine stuff.

I thought the anime scenes in Catherine and Persona 4 Arena were fine. Even Persona 4 Golden, although I didn't appreciate a lot of their content.

I think we will. I would almost guarantee that the opening movie will be animated, In-engine would be preferable (or FMVs that are reasonably similar to in-engine, like in SMT3/DDS), especially given how crummy the anime scenes in P3/P4 are. You'd think that Catherine meant they were getting better with choosing what and how to animate, but then you see stuff like EPP's opening and it's just... urgh.

I thought the anime scenes from P4G were from the original

P4G added some new scenes in.

cj_iwakura

I think we will. I would almost guarantee that the opening movie will be animated, In-engine would be preferable (or FMVs that are reasonably similar to in-engine, like in SMT3/DDS), especially given how crummy the anime scenes in P3/P4 are. You'd think that Catherine meant they were getting better with choosing what and how to animate, but then you see stuff like EPP's opening and it's just... urgh.

At least EPP used a remix instead of some out of place vocal track. I thought it was a great opening, too.

Acid08

Banned
Other way around. Most were from P4, and only some of them were new. :p

Oh whoops, misread his post :p

Edit: The new scenes did look much better even if the content was questionable. Naoto boob *boing* sticks out as being particularly cringe-worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom