• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
The character portraits in P3/P4 gave them a low budget RPG vibe (which I guess they were). I'd prefer them to do dialogue the way Catherine did it.

It's worth pointing out Catherine is low-budget, itself. It may have been Atlus most expensive work and P5 may very well surpass it, but everything is relative. It's still ultimately going to be a game made for cheap.

Meia

It's worth pointing out Catherine is low-budget, itself. It may have been Atlus most expensive work and P5 may very well surpass it, but everything is relative. It's still ultimately going to be a game made for cheap.

Which is good, since you'll never have a situation where they sell a few million copies and are disappointed by sales as was something that regularly happened this gen. :p

Shit, I'd imagine they'd throw a massive party if they broke a mil.

Acid08

Banned
Which is good, since you'll never have a situation where they sell a few million copies and are disappointed by sales as was something that regularly happened this gen. :p

Shit, I'd imagine they'd throw a massive party if they broke a mil.
P4G got to about 700k worldwide right?

I bet P5 breaks 1mil.

EMT0

Banned

I bet P5 breaks 1mil.

Don't commit my mistake and say it'll break a million in Japan though; I was extrapolating off P4G's sales on a dying, unpopular handheld and ignored that this was Japan, where only FFXIII broke a million copies sold this entire gen.

I'm sure it'll break a million globally. If Ni No Kuni could, then Persona 5 is a shoe-in.

Marche90

I bet P5 breaks 1mil.

Probably. Also, entirely possible, seeing as how Catherine managed to sell well, and I'm pretty sure that people will realize that both are from the same developer, seeing as how they use the same artist. Does someone know the full numbers of that one WW, btw?

Oh, and finally, finally, bought a new laptop.

Long overdue, guys :')

Acid08

Banned
Don't commit my mistake and say it'll break a million in Japan though; I was extrapolating off P4G's sales on a dying, unpopular handheld and ignored that this was Japan, where only FFXIII broke a million copies sold this entire gen.

I'm sure it'll break a million globally. If Ni No Kuni could, then Persona 5 is a shoe-in.
Oh yeah I'm definitely talking worldwide numbers. How did P3 and P4 sell in Japan? They have spawned so many other products at this point that from a casual glance it seems like a phenomenon. Obviously that isn't the case though.

Speaking of SMT4:
I certainly hope P5 allows the fusion flexibility that SMT4 had, while also having some way of making each individual Persona distinct so it doesn't just feel like you're just transferring the same skillset between Personas. Like maybe give arcana-specific abilities (like Devil Survivor's racial skills), or something.

Gazoinks

Speaking of SMT4:
I certainly hope P5 allows the fusion flexibility that SMT4 had, while also having some way of making each individual Persona distinct so it doesn't just feel like you're just transferring the same skillset between Personas. Like maybe give arcana-specific abilities (like Devil Survivor's racial skills), or something.

I like this idea! I'd definitely be all for something to help the Personae and Arcana seem more distinct. And, carrying with the whole Wild Card thing, they could have Fool Personae not have a natural racial ability but can inherit ones from the Personae they were fused out of or something.

So I'm fighting the hanged man boss during the Nov 3 full moon event in P3P. He wipes out my party and i'm at 1 health. Somehow I manage to rez and heal my entire party up and we slowly whittle him away until he's at 10% health.
And then he one shot crits me. I WAS AT FULL FUCKING HEALTH FUCK YOU GAME FUUUUUUCK YOOOOUUUUUUU!

Whatevs, at least I got Tearaway to soothe my soul.

Gazoinks

So I'm fighting the hanged man boss during the Nov 3 full moon event in P3P. He wipes out my party and i'm at 1 health. Somehow I manage to rez and heal my entire party up and we slowly whittle him away until he's at 10% health.
And then he one shot crits me. I WAS AT FULL FUCKING HEALTH FUCK YOU GAME FUUUUUUCK YOOOOUUUUUUU!

All together now!

YOU

GOT

MEGATEN'D!

:p

Speaking of SMT4:

Yeah and perhaps you can unlock certain abilities for a certain arcana as you do the social link of the corresponding arcana, it would give social links, even non-teammate social links, a bigger role in the actual combat.

PK Gaming

Speaking of SMT4:
The SMTIV fusion system makes it hard to go back and play older megaten games, haha.

That delicious fusion functionality

Gazoinks

The SMTIV fusion system makes it hard to go back and play older megaten games, haha.

That delicious fusion functionality

The one thing I miss is the experimental edge of sticking two demons together and seeing what results. But that loss is a small price to pay for the enormous ease of use upgrade.

The only thing I liked from SMT4's fusion system was the "from your compendium" message for a demon ingredient that you had previously. Slap that onto the old SMT3/P3/P4 fusion grid and we've got perfect

Astra

SMTIV, I finally started playing it. Got a nice surprise on my birthday with a 3DSXL which gave me motivation to finish/start my 3DS games (I borrowed a 3DS before having my own).
Loving SMT so far, and it took me a little while to reaccustom myself to the difficulty of SMT games. I forgot you can actually die very quickly to early enemies if you're too reckless. I've found my feet though, and am progressing relatively painlessly now.
The only hiccup was the lack of force skills early on.

Damn, what an answer.

Squire

Banned
I'm not gonna necro the MegaTen CT and I'm not sure this is thread-worthy, so posting here:

Issen Yamai (Atlus Director)
Favorite games: Grand Theft Auto V and Pokopan

I think 2014 will be a year of preparation for the Maniax team and I. We’re working here and there on the next title. You won’t be hearing from us for a while, you might think we left office or died. (Laughs)

http://gematsu.com/2014/01/japanese-developers-share-aspirations-2014

So, if there's something planned for Atlus ' 25th anniversary, it's not coming out of Maniax. I think 9thwonder mentioned there was a rumor that Kaneko was in a new team working on a new IP under the MegaTen umbrella and that could be "Deviliser". Maybe that's their anniversary thing.

Or maybe they'll just go the easy route and tie that stuff to Persona 5! Who knows!

cj_iwakura

I'm not gonna necro the MegaTen CT and I'm not sure this is thread-worthy, so posting here:

So, if there's something planned for Atlus ' 25th anniversary, it's not coming out of Maniax. I think 9thwonder mentioned there was a rumor that Kaneko was in a new team working on a new IP under the MegaTen umbrella and that could be "Deviliser". Maybe that's their anniversary thing.

Or maybe they'll just go the easy route and tie that stuff to Persona 5! Who knows!

It's not that much of a necro, we got a post... uh, every month or so.

That sounds great, though. I hope core SMT or something like it keeps going, there's always room.

I think I saw aeana mention it, I'm not sure if she knew or was just speculating though. Oh and yeah, if Atlus decides to throw a little birthday bash, do another live stream and announce some shit, a P5 trailer would definitely be there (right along with FExSMT).

It's not that much of a necro, we got a post... uh, every month or so.

That sounds great, though. I hope core SMT or something like it keeps going, there's always room.
There is 0 reason for mainline megaten to stop. Although I would prefer it if Maniax did a new IP like Catherine first.

pan-hime

2ODKUG0.png

VojG1dH.png
XvP9FWY.png

also, SHO's scar glows?!

CorvoSol

Where I am at right now: Yukari > Mitsuru > Chie > Yukiko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marie. Design alone Marie looks stupid, but then that personality of hers, bleck.

Acid08

Banned
Where I am at right now: Yukari > Mitsuru > Chie > Yukiko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marie. Design alone Marie looks stupid, but then that personality of hers, bleck.
I'd switch Mitsuru and Chie but, otherwise, you're golden. You're joining the right side of history by hating Marie.

Dantis

Yuuup.

I don't think any of their games have ever felt cheap to me, personally, though. Quite the opposite really. I think they're incredibly good at making do with what they have available.

Beat P4G earlier this year and it is by far one of the finest RPGs ever conceived by man this left me incredibly excited to play P3. So I finally got around to buying P3 FES on PSN and have been playing for around 30 hours or so but this game seems a lot more difficult with leveling up being at a slower rate. Plus the inability to control my party has my gears grinding. Overall, I'm enjoying myself and the story for P3 has been slightly more interesting than P4G that being said, P4G just feels more refined especially in the gameplay department.

kewlmyc

I kinda like her too, she is nowhere near the level of the rest of the cast, but I don't think she's that bad.

Can I ask if the people who hated Marie had played Vanilla before Golden?
Hate is a stong word reserved for Nozomi, but I found that Marie's personality brought nothing to the table. Also her poems suck, I don't want to hear them every other time I come to the Velvet Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom