• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Honestly I would love to see a new Atlus game without an avatar/blank slate protagonist. Probably will never happen.

Depends on the game, really. I'd be fine with it in most of the mainline games, but I think the style of the modern Persona games benefits more from a silent protagonist. I wouldn't mind if they characterized the protag a little like they did with Tatsuya though. Doesn't have to be completely blank.

Well, they're meant to be blank slates. I think SH actually has more personality than most.

He looks like he's been in some scraps. Could tell people he's an supporting party member and they'd probably believe it.

At least he has the mark of a true Devil Summoner MC, that fucking smirk.

1545518-06.jpg

CorvoSol

Hate is a stong word reserved for Nozomi, but I found that Marie's personality brought nothing to the table. Also her poems suck, I don't want to hear them every other time I come to the Velvet Room.

You talkin' bout Nozomi from SMTIV? Because she's my dark horse favorite. Quirky apocalypse survivor takin' landscape shots in the wasteland.

IMPORTANT

You guys have less than 24 hours to download the Persona 4 weather app for iPhone before it is gone forever! Can't provide a link, and can't give a reason why it is being removed from the app store, but you're all a smart group...

Anyway, if you or anyone else ever wanted it, do it fast.

Goodnight, my sweet weather app.

IMPORTANT

You guys have less than 24 hours to download the Persona 4 weather app for iPhone before it is gone forever! Can't provide a link, and can't give a reason why it is being removed from the app store, but you're all a smart group...

:'(

kewlmyc

You talkin' bout Nozomi from SMTIV? Because she's my dark horse favorite. Quirky apocalypse survivor takin' landscape shots in the wasteland.
No, the fat scam artist from P3. Haven't gotten far enough in SMTIV to meet the other Nozumi.
IMPORTANT

It was an app full of copyrighted characters. Kinda obvious why it was deleted. Fun while it lasted though.

IMPORTANT

I want it on Android D:

Wii Tank

IMPORTANT

Damn, here I was hoping an android version would show up one day

CorvoSol

He's talking about the Persona 3 Moon S Link.

Ah, okay.

SMTIV Nozomi is more likable than many of the main characters, P3 Nozomi is a poop.

Nozomi is probably one of my favorite characters in SMTIV, which shows you just how unlikeable Walter and Jonathon are. Isabeau is still official girl, but Nozomi is my secret favorite.

No, the fat scam artist from P3. Haven't gotten far enough in SMTIV to meet the other Nozumi.

Ah, haven't got that far in P3 yet.

cjkeats

IMPORTANT

Bummer. I liked it. Guess i'll hold onto it in my local backup.

Nozomi is probably one of my favorite characters in SMTIV, which shows you just how unlikeable Walter and Jonathon are. Isabeau is still official girl, but Nozomi is my secret favorite.

That Laura Bailey charm never fails. Way better than Isabeau imo that's for sure.

Dantis

She looks like the Seventeen magazine version of alternative. The "I got a $100 gift card for Hot Topic" version of alternative. Fake edgey and lame.

General thoughts on her:
Her design is dumb but it's hardly the worst thing about her. As other have said her slink is like a greatest hits for all of the other characters. They're more on display than she is in a lot of those scenes. And we're supposed to care about her by the time we get to her incredibly tedious dungeon? No way. I'm supposed to buy that any of the other characters give a shit about her when they've only interacted maybe twice before? Just terrible all around and I'm honestly shocked that anyone who played the original P4 could think her character was a worthwhile addition to the story.

Newsflash: Soejima's character designs make heavy use of a mainstream concept of stylish fashion. She's meant to look attractive and cool, even if she's alternative. She's not meant to look like she cuts herself whilst listening to metalcore.

My point still stands. ;)

Acid08

Banned
Newsflash: Soejima's character designs make heavy use of a mainstream concept of stylish fashion. She's meant to look attractive and cool, even if she's alternative. She's not meant to look like she cuts herself whilst listening to metalcore.

My point still stands. ;)

Arm socks are never cool.

EMT0

Banned
Don't forget he (and pretty much everyone else in the banner) can stomp him out with their demons in the real world!

I still don't understand the logic that Demons > Personas. Like at all. We never see Personas used for mass destruction because they're an extension of a person, and most every one we see is either self-controlled, or has no intention of committing carnage.

The one time that we DO see a Persona go on a rampage like a demon (Persona 3 Spoilers)
Shinji when he kills Ken's mom
, mass destruction does ensue; he wrecks a building and kills people in what was essentially a few seconds.

Caladrius

I still don't understand the logic that Demons > Personas. Like at all. We never see Personas used for mass destruction because they're an extension of a person, and most every one we see is either self-controlled, or has no intention of committing carnage.

The one time that we DO see a Persona go on a rampage like a demon (Persona 3 Spoilers)
Shinji when he kills Ken's mom
, mass destruction does ensue; he wrecks a building and kills people in what was essentially a few seconds.

Multiple demons can be summoned by any person, personas can't usually be summoned at once and only a handful of people can even use them. The demons themselves are also the actual mythological figures being used to do the summoner's bidding. Personae are only a facsimile of the mythological figure and their power and durability is tied directly to the user's mind.

CorvoSol

That Laura Bailey charm never fails. Way better than Isabeau imo that's for sure.

Oh is it Laura? Well that explains many things to me.

Multiple demons can be summoned by any person, personas can't usually be summoned at once and only a handful of people can even use them. The demons themselves are also the actual mythological figures being used to do the summoner's bidding. Personae are only a facsimile of the mythological figure and their power and durability is tied directly to the user's mind.

But in SMTIV they keep saying the demons are manifestations of human desire, so aren't they basically all exactly the same things?

Caladrius

Oh is it Laura? Well that explains many things to me.

But in SMTIV they keep saying the demons are manifestations of human desire, so aren't they basically all exactly the same things?

They're manifestations of human desire, but they aren't tied to or limited in power by an individual. Persona are manifestations of a single person's entire psyche, whereas demons are human thoughts and emotions made flesh as independent entities.

Ah, okay.

Ah, haven't got that far in P3 yet.

Really weird she has no portrait, she as more personality and character than many of the characters who got portraits.

tumblr_mqf7ppH5Tj1rcmcwgo1_500.jpg

Squire

Banned
Well she sounds identical to Nemissa in Soul Hackers (voiced by Laura Bailey) so I made the connection the moment she spoke.

Isabeau isn't Laura. The actress is Eden Riegel - Sam Riegel's sister. She also voiced Marie in P4G and Sherry Birkin in Resident Evil 6.

EMT0

Banned
They're manifestations of human desire, but they aren't tied to or limited in power by an individual. Persona are manifestations of a single person's entire psyche, whereas demons are human thoughts and emotions made flesh as independent entities.

Personas are held by people that have exceptional psyches though. That'd indicate Personas being supercharged.

Gazoinks

Ughhh I know. Funny how they give that
Ashura Kai lady a facial sprite when she dies like 2 seconds later

SMTIV had some awesome NPCs

They've gotta balance Navarre out somehow! :p

Actually, I was kind of disappointed he seems to have completely dropped out of the game once the story really gets moving.

Really enjoying going through a bunch of the S. Links I ended up missing out on in P4 vanilla, though I have a pretty strong feeling I won't be able to make too many more at this point. Also, I'm rank 5 with Adachi and it's currently 9/30, any chance anyone can tell me when I can next S. Link with him?

Also, when do I have to max Marie's by?

Caladrius

Personas are held by people that have exceptional psyches though. That'd indicate Personas being supercharged.

It takes exceptional people to generate them at all. It doesn't really say anything about their power in relation to demons, which are created through a different process and follow different conventions and methods of becoming stronger.(Belief or the consumption of energy as opposed to the mental conditioning and resolve of a user)

Also, I finished that tarot list.
http://pastebin.com/Yk9VCqxi
EDIT: Pooper, I made a typo.

Jintor

iirc isn't aigis and all the shadow-fighting series models 'exceptional' because they have the brainwaves of a little girl in their hard drives or something

Sophia

iirc isn't aigis and all the shadow-fighting series models 'exceptional' because they have the brainwaves of a little girl in their hard drives or something

The 5th and 6th generations do. Aigis's personality was built from scratch, although using the data obtained from the previous ones.

Caladrius

Oh wow, you actually made it. I gotta say, though, I agree with all of it. Funny how, now that I think of it, Axel really isn't the sun.

Axel was the hardest one to pin down. The three choices I could think of for him were lovers (His story in Days is basically him developing strong friendships and coming to understand his friends and emotions again), moon (apparent bastard that is really desperately lost) and star. I ultimately chose Star because of Axel's (general) IDGAF attitude, wisecracking and determination in the face of hopelessness.

I had Ventus in mind for the Sun from the start, so that never came into the equation.(This has absolutely nothing to do with him being my favorite KH character)

Meia

Really enjoying going through a bunch of the S. Links I ended up missing out on in P4 vanilla, though I have a pretty strong feeling I won't be able to make too many more at this point. Also, I'm rank 5 with Adachi and it's currently 9/30, any chance anyone can tell me when I can next S. Link with him?

Also, when do I have to max Marie's by?

Adachi I believe you can link again after you rescue the last person,
and that's the last time you need to hang out with him. Rank 6 is the highest you can naturally take it, and the story takes over for the rest.

Marie you have until the end of December, and must be brought all the way to 10. If it's not maxed by December, she'll be available every single day in that month just to make sure.

CorvoSol

Ughhh I know. Funny how they give that
Ashura Kai lady a facial sprite when she dies like 2 seconds later

SMTIV had some awesome NPCs

I was so ticked by that. That lady is even in the freakin' manual. What the heck. Meanwhile, crazy awesome Nozomi gets nothin'.

Adachi I believe you can link again after you rescue the last person,
and that's the last time you need to hang out with him. Rank 6 is the highest you can naturally take it, and the story takes over for the rest.

Marie you have until the end of December, and must be brought all the way to 10. If it's not maxed by December, she'll be available every single day in that month just to make sure.

Speaking of Adachi, I know I'm not the only one who thinks the dude has waaaaaaay too much chemistry with his boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom