• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Mashing X worked pretty well for me.

Same for me, but still, ugh. She felt forced; like the game was constantly saying "please care about her, please", which it perfectly understandable considering she's a new addition and needed for the epilogue, but she still didn't leave a pleasant taste in my mouth.

Define action RPG.

Persona 5 to be an action RPG. The meltdowns would be priceless.
Have you seen FFXV? There is also tales and KH. They tried to experiment with raidou but it didn't really work IMO. We have the social Sim game, we have a SRPG and of course mainline SMT. A well executed action RPG would fit nicely under the megaten umbrella IMO.

edit: I don't want persona 5 to be a action rpg because I feel like the s links are it's gimmick and I would rather have a new ip that does action. Them turning it into a tales clone wouldn't surprise me though.

Dantis

Same for me, but still, ugh. She felt forced; like the game was constantly saying "please care about her, please", which it perfectly understandable considering she's a new addition and needed for the epilogue, but she still didn't leave a pleasant taste in my mouth.

They should have made her a party member and introduced her earlier, and then made her S Link consist of more than just "OH HEY, IT'S YUKIKO AND TEDDIE HOW CRAZY".

They also went waaay too far with the tsundere thing.

Caladrius

They should have made her a party member and introduced her earlier, and then made her S Link consist of more than just "OH HEY, IT'S YUKIKO AND TEDDIE HOW CRAZY".

You also forgot Chie, Yosuke, Kanji, Rise, Naoto, and Yu and how they all had whacky banter and stood around and had fun laughing and dear lord attempting to summarize it is making me physically ill.

Dantis

She looks like she dressed in the dark.

Like I've said before, I think her design is meant to be an alternative fashion sense as a way of saying that she's from another world. The tartan, the belt, the sleeves, the paperclips on her tie, etc. all look pretty Scene to me. Even her terrible haircut does, I guess.

fertygo

Where I am at right now: Yukari > Mitsuru > Chie > Yukiko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marie. Design alone Marie looks stupid, but then that personality of hers, bleck.

Marie not even among original cast, so.....

2ODKUG0.png

VojG1dH.png
XvP9FWY.png

also, SHO's scar glows?!

I can't say which face I like the most between Akihiko and Kanji lol

Nachos

Speaking of SMT4:
I certainly hope P5 allows the fusion flexibility that SMT4 had, while also having some way of making each individual Persona distinct so it doesn't just feel like you're just transferring the same skillset between Personas. Like maybe give arcana-specific abilities (like Devil Survivor's racial skills), or something.
I'd like if they did that for the party members more than anything else. They already did that a bit in Golden, but the party members need to be able to do SOMETHING the man character can't. Off the top of my head, maybe something like a pair of twins who take up a single party spot. They don't learn anything above medium-level skills, but their shtick is that they can perform an attack skill twice.
Persona 5 to have Kingdom Hearts's gameplay. Atlus to work with Disney for Persona 5. I hope you guys are ready to S-Link with Donald Duck.
You're joking, but I would love if Atlus got involved in a crazy crossover. Kingdom Hearts is already a known quantity at this point, but it'd be great if there was just another collaboration to make everyone go "WUT?"

Caladrius

B-but romancing ducks! Hatoful Boyfriend proves that relationships with birds can totally work.

Donald isn't a bird so much as a bird-man so. And Disney-shipping is brain-breaking even in jest.

That said I have the urge to ram KH characters into Arcana now. Thanks, PersonaGAF. >:[

Meia

I know it's a still image, but that does not instill in me much hope of developing an actual character for Makoto. And yet, it's the most perfect screen of the movie representing the game to date. :p

My favorite thing about Marie was Naoto isn't in any part of her social links, and in fact it kind of awkwardly stops before she's there(I'm almost positive she can be maxed before Naoto joins, and there's absolutely no lines between the two at all). It's almost like they know that the reason for Marie's link would be fundamentally broken if there was a detective that had connections or something. :p

cj_iwakura

man I would do anything for a good megaten action RPG at this point.

We have two!

Say uh, does anyone here speak French?

Une fois battus et après la scène de l'explosion de la maison, vous avancez à peine sur la carte d'Asahi et tombez nez à nez avec l'inspecteur Hideo Momochi et son détective Isono surnommé 'T-Shirt' (parcequ'il ne porte que des t-shirt, le bougre). Ceux ci sont bien heureux de vous balancer en prison pour vous questionner sur les meurtres mystérieux et l'explosion de la maison d'Azuma, puisque vous y venez vous savez forcément quelquechose. Mais les 2 policiers s'en vont régler un problème à l'université de Kitayama. C'est alors que l'âme de Kyouji se met a résonner, et il est fier de voir que son corps est encore indemne et il vous demande de travailler comme si vous étiez Kyouji. Aidé par un amis de Marry la diseuse de bonne aventure qui ont payé la ranson pour vous libérer, vous sortez de prison. Elle vous demande en échange d'aller voir a l'université parcequ'Azuma y serait. Vous avez le choix d'accepter ou de refuser, mais dans ce cas il faudra retourner voir Marry où elle travail pour finalement accepter. Vous vous retrouvez dans un autre bout de la ville appelé Chuo Ku. Vous pouvez visiter brievement le coin, sauvegarder a l'endroit habituel, ouvrir DDS.NET et recevoir un nouveau Mail assez ininterressant, mais le but est de retourner à Asahi, dans le building du centre de la ville, Kasa Dry.
Arrivé à l'ascenseur. Le 4eme étage est vide, alors allez au 2eme récupérer un item (une épée plutôt puissante), puis au 3eme. Il ya régulièrement deux vagues d'ennemis dans ce donjon, les levels grimperont vite. Continuez votre route pour descendre jusqu'au 1F par l'escalier puis atteindre de nouveau le 4F. Vous arrivez bien vite dans une pièce éclairée par la lumière de la fenetre où vous combattrez quelques ennemis : 4 Revengeful Ghosts (Butaiei) à 100 HP et le boss Inui qui a 226 HP. Essayez de vous guérir à chaque tour parceque les ghosts ont des attaques malsaines où ils se suicident pour faire de lourd dommages, qui pourraient facilement tuer Rei en un tour. Utiliser le sort Doluminer de Rei peut s'avérer être une bonne technique, avec de la chance ça fera dormir les Ghosts.

Google Translate is a little rough.

Acid08

Banned
Like I've said before, I think her design is meant to be an alternative fashion sense as a way of saying that she's from another world. The tartan, the belt, the sleeves, the paperclips on her tie, etc. all look pretty Scene to me. Even her terrible haircut does, I guess.
She looks like the Seventeen magazine version of alternative. The "I got a $100 gift card for Hot Topic" version of alternative. Fake edgey and lame.

General thoughts on her:
Her design is dumb but it's hardly the worst thing about her. As other have said her slink is like a greatest hits for all of the other characters. They're more on display than she is in a lot of those scenes. And we're supposed to care about her by the time we get to her incredibly tedious dungeon? No way. I'm supposed to buy that any of the other characters give a shit about her when they've only interacted maybe twice before? Just terrible all around and I'm honestly shocked that anyone who played the original P4 could think her character was a worthwhile addition to the story.

cj_iwakura

I would have designed Marie to be a down to earth, kind of jaded character. A female version of Makoto or some such, to match the fact that
she's actually Izanami, instead of ruining her character.

Nachos

Donald isn't a bird so much as a bird-man so. And Disney-shipping is brain-breaking even in jest.

That said I have the urge to ram KH characters into Arcana now. Thanks, PersonaGAF. >:[

I'm sorry you can't deal with how hot things are getting, but you're in denial if you think the mop from Fantasia doesn't have the hots for Eega Beeva.

I'd like if they did that for the party members more than anything else. They already did that a bit in Golden, but the party members need to be able to do SOMETHING the man character can't. Off the top of my head, maybe something like a pair of twins who take up a single party spot. They don't learn anything above medium-level skills, but their shtick is that they can perform an attack skill twice.

You're joking, but I would love if Atlus got involved in a crazy crossover. Kingdom Hearts is already a known quantity at this point, but it'd be great if there was just another collaboration to make everyone go "WUT?"
That would be an interesting idea, though they would have to execute how they did it really well so they don't feel like really gimmicky party members and just there to be different. I think another interesting idea would be if the other party members besides the MC could turn into their personas, ala Digital Devil Saga. That would make for interesting battle mechanic if they did it right.

Persona X DotHack or Persona X Little Tail Bronx, if those were to happen I think I would be laughing for days on end if that were to happen.

Persona 5 to be an action RPG. The meltdowns would be priceless.
Already have the perfect music to go along with that meltdown.

Nachos

That would be an interesting idea, though they would have to execute how they did it really well so they don't feel like really gimmicky party members and just there to be different. I think another interesting idea would be if the other party members besides the MC could turn into their personas, ala Digital Devil Saga. That would make for interesting battle mechanic if they did it right.

Persona X DotHack or Persona X Little Tail Bronx, if those were to happen I hink would be laughing for days on end if that were to happen.

Yeah, they'd have to be really careful to avoid that. Even my idea sounds a bit gimmicky, too. Still, even if they just had more exclusive skills that they learn throughout the game instead of the end, I think that'd be enough.

And I'm still holding out hope on that Persona X Burger King Kids' Club crossover. I want something that seems as outlandishly stupid when it gets announced.

Still, I was laughing pretty hard when Hyrule Heroes got announced.

We have two!
I'm not really a big fan of raidou's combat.

-animations are terrible
-sound effects are terrible
-limited moveset
-terrible feedback, combat is not satisfying(enemies react like raidou's sword is made from cardboard)
-focus on demon management also killed the game for me.
-repetitive (would have actually been better if it was a traditional SMT Game)

I just don't think you can shoe horn traditional megaten elements into a action game (which is exactly what they tried to do). Demon negotiation and demon management just doesn't work in a real time setting. If they do another action rpg it needs to have a similar concept to Digital Devil Saga or even Persona, little to no focus on demons and more emphasis on the characters. They were a nice experiment though.

You're the most boring MC. He's a boss. He takes on Finnegan solo and doesn't afraid of anything.

Well...that is true, anyone who can stand up to that Xiahou Dun voiced motherhacker should get some props.

...but he is actually a pretty cool rival character, plus I LOVED the fights you have with him, I loved the summoner and demons vs summoner and demons fights in SH, cuz they felt like legit summoner vs summoner fights.

cj_iwakura

I don't really like his design, honestly. Although it's not like this series has a lot of protagonists that are filled with personality. :p

Well, they're meant to be blank slates. I think SH actually has more personality than most.

He looks like he's been in some scraps. Could tell people he's an supporting party member and they'd probably believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom