• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

The anime, which I am gonna stream one day real soon, ruined that :(

God damn it, Kishi :(

IMPORTANT

You guys have less than 24 hours to download the Persona 4 weather app for iPhone before it is gone forever! Can't provide a link, and can't give a reason why it is being removed from the app store, but you're all a smart group...

Anyway, if you or anyone else ever wanted it, do it fast.

Goodnight, my sweet weather app.

No iPhone ;_;

Ughhh I know. Funny how they give that
Ashura Kai lady a facial sprite when she dies like 2 seconds later

SMTIV had some awesome NPCs

Forever disappointed about this. We needed more NPC character portraits. The amount we got was ridiculous, even if the development team was on a tight budget.

Adachi I believe you can link again after you rescue the last person,
and that's the last time you need to hang out with him. Rank 6 is the highest you can naturally take it, and the story takes over for the rest.

Marie you have until the end of December, and must be brought all the way to 10. If it's not maxed by December, she'll be available every single day in that month just to make sure.

Yup, got Adachi's all ready, and just need one more rank for Marie. Then I can focus on everything else. I know I won't max all the links this run, but I'll more than likely be able to do it in a New Game+ if I play smart.

...What IS carried over in a Persona 4 Golden New Game Plus?

cj_iwakura

qwq1WAR.jpg

Yup, got Adachi's all ready, and just need one more rank for Marie. Then I can focus on everything else. I know I won't max all the links this run, but I'll more than likely be able to do it in a New Game+ if I play smart.

...What IS carried over in a Persona 4 Golden New Game Plus?

Whats carried over into New Game Plus is:
Your Persona Compendium (Any and all Personas that were registered)
Weapons List at Weapons Shop
All Special Items you got from MAXED Social Links
Registered Skll Cards
Stats(Dilligence, Knowledge, etc.)
Costumes

Nice, though I do have to wonder why he would do that, because isn't he allegeric to cats.

wmlk

So, when do you guys expect the first (actual) batch of Persona 5 news? I mean the games is a less than a year away, and I know Atlus likes to release large bundles of information, but I'm getting a little anxious.

Lunar15

So, when do you guys expect the first (actual) batch of Persona 5 news? I mean the games is a less than a year away, and I know Atlus likes to release large bundles of information, but I'm getting a little anxious.

My guess would be spring at the absolute earliest. Probably surrounding their anniversary.

Either way, be patient. We're a ways off from the P5 info extravaganza. PQ's marketing is in full force right now.

cj_iwakura

This coming Tuesday. They said the new year.

FluxWaveZ

This coming Tuesday. They said the new year.

Convenient. I was just about to make a statement before this comment about how I don't know how this community's "Tuesday" meme actually came to be, because that's really not the day of the week to look for Persona news going from the rather quick data gathering I've just done.

For general Persona news, here's a chart from August 13 to today, so from a period of about 4 months and 3 weeks:

There are a few inaccuracies, like how not all of the news I gathered was of the same significance and how the Sunday data was somewhat skewed because of the November Persona event, but it seems the two days to look for in particular are Thursday and Friday.

I think people think of Tuesday because of Famitsu leaks, but it doesn't seem like they've relied on Famitsu to dissipate news recently at all. Maybe I'll try to actually categorize the data more precisely, but it seems that Thursday's the day where the "important" news is made known.

cj_iwakura

Convenient. I was just about to make a statement before this comment about how I don't know how this community's "Tuesday" meme actually came to be, because that's really not the day of the week to look for Persona news going from the rather quick data gathering I've just done.

For general Persona news, here's a chart from August 13 to today, so from a period of about 4 months and 3 weeks:

There are a few inaccuracies, like how not all of the news I gathered was of the same significance and how the Sunday data was somewhat skewed because of the November Persona event, but it seems the two days to look for in particular are Thursday and Friday.

I think people think of Tuesday because of Famitsu leaks, but it doesn't seem like they've relied on Famitsu to dissipate news recently at all. Maybe I'll try to actually categorize the data more precisely, but it seems that Thursday's the day where the "important" news is made known.

Impressive effort, but Tuesday is #3.

So you're saying there's a chance.

FluxWaveZ

Impressive effort, but Tuesday is #3.

So you're saying there's a chance.

Let me see what the Tuesday news were for the past five months (headlines according to my site):

- Persona Magazine Returns Next Month
- Atlus Updates Teaser Website With Teddie Images
- Persona 4 Pachislot Machine Announced
- Atlus Teases New Announcements for 25th Anniversary
- Persona 3 Will be Adapted Into a Stage Play

I'd say no.

cj_iwakura

Let me see what the Tuesday news were for the past five months (headlines according to my site):

- Persona Magazine Returns Next Month
- Atlus Updates Teaser Website With Teddie Images
- Persona 4 Pachislot Machine Announced
- Atlus Teases New Announcements for 25th Anniversary
- Persona 3 Will be Adapted Into a Stage Play

That would be five items!

FluxWaveZ

That would be five items!

Heh, but not of much importance. Not that this stuff has an actual trend, but I bet that Atlus would rather take the dissipation of information into their own hands now with their new channel and it seems that they've been having way more articles that were on 4gamer or Dengeki before Famitsu nowadays, so I dunno. This Tuesday thing seems unwarranted.

Squire

Banned
My guess would be spring at the absolute earliest. Probably surrounding their anniversary.

Either way, be patient. We're a ways off from the P5 info extravaganza. PQ's marketing is in full force right now.

I think Spring is likely, but I wouldn't cling to hard to any window for when they'll start promoting it. It's a year out, so they could mention it any time. PQ, P4A2, and P4D are each for a different platform and a different segment of the audience and P5 is mostly the same.

I don't think they'll overdue it, but Atlus isn't Square Enix; If they weren't prepared to push all these games they wouldn't have announced them.

Well this is impressive.

Right, but after awakening to his Persona and discovering that it's a cat, he slowly warms up to them. Eventually he turns into a cat fanatic.
I think that must of flown over my head, because I don't remember seeing any lines about him becoming crazy cat fanatic. I knew about him being allegeric, because it was mentioned early on. Ahh...whatever, it's weird what little details they put in the game that makes it a lot more enjoyable.even after you finished the game.

PK Gaming

I think that must of flown over my head, because I don't remember seeing any lines about him becoming crazy cat fanatic. I knew about him being allegeric, because it was mentioned early on. Ahh...whatever, it's weird what little details they put in the game that makes it a lot more enjoyable.even after you finished the game.
It could be a false memory on my part, but I remember him being especially fixated on cats when I talked to him at various locations.

Nachos

Axel was the hardest one to pin down. The three choices I could think of for him were lovers (His story in Days is basically him developing strong friendships and coming to understand his friends and emotions again), moon (apparent bastard that is really desperately lost) and star. I ultimately chose Star because of Axel's (general) IDGAF attitude, wisecracking and determination in the face of hopelessness.

I had Ventus in mind for the Sun from the start, so that never came into the equation.(This has absolutely nothing to do with him being my favorite KH character)

Yeah, I think star was definitely the best fit. Also, even though I prefer Aqua, I kinda wish that Sora had Ventus' personality throughout all the games.

Also, I finally got around to joining faceGAF...right after my computer broke down completely. I think this might be my first ever selfie.

Gazoinks

Devil Summoner hasn't aged particularly well.

But it does have the distinct honor of including the best weapon shop ever.

naT1vLG.gif

The FMV shops in Soul Hackers (and Devil Summoner) are pretty awesome. Although SMTIV's Tokyo merchant is still my favorite merchant so far.

cj_iwakura

The FMV shops in Soul Hackers (and Devil Summoner) are pretty awesome. Although SMTIV's Tokyo merchant is still my favorite merchant so far.

Fun fact: the pictured weapon shop vendor does realtor work as a front.

In Soul Hackers, it's a video store, and I don't even think he bothers with a front.

Gazoinks

Fun fact: the pictured weapon shop vendor does realtor work as a front.

In Soul Hackers, it's a video store, and I don't even think he bothers with a front.

The video store is kind of hilarious if you try to go in before you have access to the stores. He tells you he can't let you in because the horror movies are too scary for Nemissa.

Necrovex

I may die today due to the case it is super cold now and I have to work outside in a warehouse...that becomes a wind tunnel when the doors are open. Goodbye, Persona-Gaf. I love thou.

We'll see more Dancing All Night before we see P5. For sure.

My body is ready for news involving Dancing All Night.

Dantis

It's the worst feeling when you do a sketch and realise that it's no way near done because you have polish it up and then colour it and oh my life I hate drawing sometimes.

I may die today due to the case it is super cold now and I have to work outside in a warehouse...that becomes a wind tunnel when the doors are open. Goodbye, Persona-Gaf. I love thou.

My body is ready for news involving Dancing All Night.

I think we have to hear something about it over the next few weeks. They've not really mentioned it since the reveal.

Also if you die I will play Miku and watch K-On in your honour.

Levito

Banned
Guys I figured out how to make Persona 5 really dark. Atlus needs to licence the song "Bodies" by drowning pool and make it the battle theme.

CorvoSol

I doubt that there is any "clubs" in inaba.

I meant school clubs, haha.

You'll spend an entire day turning a capsule machine dial and you'll like it!

I really hope they break up time into chunks for P5.

Final Fantasy Type-0 gives you an allotment of time points to go and do things around school. New Game + makes it so things you did last playthrough don't cost you this playthrough. It isn't a perfect system, but it'd help in this game, haha. So much to do, so little time to do it! Wanna hang with my sports bros, be ambivalent toward loser band girl, eat on the roof with Chie and verbally abuse Marie as the game forces me to date her.

Also every time I have an option to I choose the meanest thing to say to Marie possible. Always tell people she's an acquaintance. Always. Yosuke was like "She's cute" and I was like "Good. You date her and free up Chie and Yukiko for me."

Oh... a hunter

You had to come now, didn't you?

Acid08

Banned
For P4D my only real hope is that they include some P3 characters and music. Otherwise I feel like I know exactly what that game is going to be.

FluxWaveZ

For P4D my only real hope is that they include some P3 characters and music. Otherwise I feel like I know exactly what that game is going to be.

Persona 3 music would be fine, but I'm not sure I'd want P3 characters to be involved, unless it was just Elizabeth, if the game's supposed to be canon. It'd be a bit too silly for me.

Acid08

Banned
Persona 3 music would be fine, but I'm not sure I'd want P3 characters to be involved, unless it was just Elizabeth, if the game's supposed to be canon. It'd be a bit too silly for me.

Well it's not like they need to be part of the story. Extra characters for free playing songs and stuff.

FluxWaveZ

Well it's not like they need to be part of the story. Extra characters for free playing songs and stuff.

True, guess they could do that with no regard to the story if they wanted to. I suppose it depends on if they would want to seeing how seriously they seemed to take the approach with the Arena series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom