• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Weird, some people don't like certain characters.

tumblr_inline_mz84ucf1ZW1rwkn1k.png

cjkeats

I don't really view the MCs as characters, more or less they are just projections of what I want to be in that world. I know they all have a kind of shell of a personality in their response options and designs(How can you imagine the P3 MC as anything other than stoic and deadpan? dude runs around with his hands in his pockets!), but even still. I just always try and create my own characters from silent-name-yourself protagonists. At least until the anime/fighting game/sequel comes along and gives them a full personality.
It was a little disorientating going from IS to EP, and all of a sudden Tatsyua is talking and acting different than I imagined him. Same with the P4's MC going to Arena.

Anyways, in other news.
tumblr_mz9ls4or5y1qkqgkeo1_500.jpg

kiriin

Okay. So are you saying that the male and female P3 main characters are of equal likability?

Im saying that P3/4 protagonists have no inherent depth to their personality, it up to you to like whoever you want; a lot of it based on what you perceive he/she is . Was just responding to Buddha, I don't think they're overrated just popular among fans. People have their preferences, nothing wrong with that.

Jintor

On the topic of FemC, do school skirts normally go up to, like, the belly-button area, or is that just a weird think Gekkoukan does?I assumed they were... well, like pants. Go around the waist.

I'm just here to denounce anything that's not cannon and celebrate anything that is

besides her cheery outlook goes less well with the game's Themes/having Thanatos as her Persona than Minato's.

Sophia

Not sure if it was posted, but Dantis's new art: Naoto and Rise dressed up like characters from Disney's Frozen.

On the topic of FemC, do school skirts normally go up to, like, the belly-button area, or is that just a weird think Gekkoukan does?I assumed they were... well, like pants. Go around the waist.

Some girls might wear it at just below the belly-button, if they have the figure for it. The Gekkoukan skirt also appears to have a large waistline or a belt built in.

FluxWaveZ

Im saying that P3/4 protagonists have no inherent depth to their personality, it up to you to like whoever you want; a lot of it based on what you perceive he/she is.

Ah, I thought you were saying that one MC can't be overrated more than another because they're all blank slates.

FluxWaveZ

Oh hey, I had totally forgotten the fact that Zen United was all: "More info soon!" for P4U2 a while back, even though it probably had nothing to do with a localization tease.

It'd be nice if Atlus acknowledged audiences outside of Japan a bit more when it came to their recent projects. That and an actual "Atlus Europe" would make it easier for them to take over the world.

cj_iwakura

Oh hey, I had totally forgotten the fact that Zen United was all: "More info soon!" for P4U2 a while back, even though it probably had nothing to do with a localization tease.

It'd be nice if Atlus acknowledged audiences outside of Japan a bit more when it came to their recent projects. That and an actual "Atlus Europe" would make it easier for them to take over the world.

Atlus Japan isn't as tightly integrated with Atlus USA, I assume. It's not like Bamco where they know it's a global initiative project well in advance. They do JP's thing, then Atlus USA decides how to do theirs.

FluxWaveZ

Huh, Persona Europe? How are they related to Zen United? I thought they are just a fanpage being run by fellow Persona fans?

You'd think that from all of the random stuff they post on their page, but I'm 95% sure that that's the official Zen United page based on what they were posting during the P4A localization incident.

It frustrated a lot of people when they kept posting random fanart but kept quiet on what was happening with the game in Europe.

Atlus Japan isn't as tightly integrated with Atlus USA, I assume. It's not like Bamco where they know it's a global initiative project well in advance. They do JP's thing, then Atlus USA decides how to do theirs.

Yeah, and that's what I'd want changed. Persona 5 is a potentially huge project in multiple ways (not to mention all of the others they've got going on), and if they could coordinate a global initiative instead of focusing on Japan because "that's where the audience is", I think they could do great(er) things.

Meia

What a lovely thing to see after coming back from the theater and watching Frozen. :D

Missed the convo by a bit considering I was passed out, but the whole "Naoto shoots down Kanji" thing and that scene, if you pick the other option as the MC there like the exact opposite happens and she doesn't shoot him down, so, um, yeah...

Not to mention both of their "issues" really kind of play off of each other. In the idea that a relationship really is helped by both people understanding each other, I'd say it has a fair shot. :p

EMT0

Banned
You'd think that from all of the random stuff they post on their page, but I'm 95% sure that that's the official Zen United page based on what they were posting during the P4A localization incident.

It frustrated a lot of people when they kept posting random fanart but kept quiet on what was happening with the game in Europe.

Yeah, and that's what I'd want changed. Persona 5 is a potentially huge project in multiple ways (not to mention all of the others they've got going on), and if they could coordinate a global initiative instead of focusing on Japan because "that's where the audience is", I think they could do great(er) things.

I thought Persona 4 Golden sold more in the West(US + Europe) than it did in Japan, overall. Do they translate the EU version into languages other than English(the localization company I mean).

FluxWaveZ

I thought Persona 4 Golden sold more in the West(US + Europe) than it did in Japan, overall. Do they translate the EU version into languages other than English(the localization company I mean).

I didn't hear that the western sales did better than the sales in Japan; only number I'm really aware of is the 700k shipped worldwide. I also don't know if P4G was released in any other language in Europe, however I doubt it.

Squire

Banned
*insert generic grumbling about how P1/2 doesn't get enough love, canon arguements, waifu wars, Is P4A good or shit wars, and more here*

People piss and moan about the story elements of P4A, but I honestly think you might actually have to be an idiot to not acknowledge it's competence/quality as a fighting game.

It's a good game. I can't really recall seeing that debated.

People piss and moan about the story elements of P4A, but I honestly think you might actually have to be an idiot to not acknowledge it's competence/quality as a fighting game.

It's a good game. I can't really recall seeing that debated.

yes but the boxed lunch ;_;

EMT0

Banned
I didn't hear that the western sales did better than the sales in Japan; only number I'm really aware of is the 700k shipped worldwide. I also don't know if P4G was released in any other language in Europe, however I doubt it.

This poster's math is where I got the figures from, I thought they were part of the OP at first. I have no idea if his figures are correct but they don't seem unlikely to me at all, considering Golden's opening sales in Japan were 137k.

300k Japan, 400k in the West. Atlus, feed your fans in the scary place across the sea.

This poster's math is where I got the figures from, I thought they were part of the OP at first. I have no idea if his figures are correct but they don't seem unlikely to me at all, considering Golden's opening sales in Japan were 137k.

300k Japan, 400k in the West. Atlus, feed your fans in the scary place across the sea.
They included shipped and digital numbers in that figure. P4G only did around 100k at retail in the US, the game did really well on PSN but i don't think it doubled its retail sales. The game probably did aight in euro but afaik it was only released in english speaking countries and i doubt it over 100k combined in those reigons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom