• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I actually found Kenji's S Link hilarious. Apparently I am in the extreme minority though.

It's hilariously stupid :p

but yeah I think the events are funny but Kenji himself is just a big ol' condescending ass. Which made it so much sweeter when everything fell apart for him.

Man I really hope P5's engine/assets give artist like Doi and Kaneko to showcase their work on something that exceeds PS2 graphics. I mean I like handheld games and all but I would really like to see a non Persona megaten game on consoles. A Devil Summoner game that is a spiritual successor to Soul Hackers on PS3/PS4 with Doi's art would look amazing. A kaneko anything on PS3/PS4 would look amazing. Hopefully P5 ends up being a Nocturne situation and allows the non persona teams at Atlus to escape the handheld ghetto.

King Fost

Neo Member
Haha, I seem to be the most negative one here because I actually do dislike more than a couple of characters, though most of them are NPCs. I generally sort my likes and dislikes in the following categories:

Persona characters Frost hates: Teddie, Kenji, Nozomi, Ken, the male route's Fortune guy, Chidori
Persona characters Frost dislikes: Yukari, Naoto, Kazushi, Yumi, Ayane, Strega
Persona characters Frost doesn't give a shit about: Everyone not listed
Persona characters Frost likes: All non Teddie/Naoto P4 PCs, All P2 PCs, Labrys, Adachi, Dojima, Nyarlathotep

Omikaru

I may be super late for this, but did anyone else notice that Dantis fixed the 'L' on his signature because a hentai site thought it was a lower-case 'h'?

Old
tumblr_myp48bWOSl1s602ggo1_1280.png

New

Squire

Banned
Depends on the site, you were on a couple, but -boorus are mostly used for hentai.

There's one image board I can't remember the name of, but I think it starts with an "M". It's colored text/images on a black background instead of white, like booru. Anyone know it?

Dantis

Whaaaat??! Hahahahahaha!

Dantis, your artistic career development is hilarious.

Fortunately, if I ever get an art-related job, it will almost certainly have nothing to do with anime/manga.

I really need to get around to rebuilding my portfolio (It's like two years out of date...), but it won't include any anime.

Squire

Banned
Fortunately, if I ever get an art-related job, it will almost certainly have nothing to do with anime/manga.

I really need to get around to rebuilding my portfolio (It's like two years out of date...), but it won't include any anime.

Why hide your passion?

EMT0

Banned

I don't think it could be anything but a good thing; if it's a lot different than your usual having one or two of your best pieces would show that you're adaptable.

Marche90

You could include it and send it to a Japanese company! Maybe you can be the next British guy to live in Japan, like the dude who created HarmoKnight...

Anyway, changing topics, once RPJ finish, I'm calling dibs on a Rise avatar based on your latest drawing, Dantis. Loved how she came out in that picture

Musolf815

I can almost never bring myself to dislike a character. I don't understand why.

The only two characters I've ever come to dislike are Terra from Kingdom Hearts and Liara in Mass Effect.

Man ughhh I can't stand Liara. The games actively try to make you romance her too (I'm pretty sure she has the most romantic scenes even if you don't date her).

Caladrius

Dantis, If hell freezes over and you draw Teddie in some capacity, I may very well want to snag it for an avatar.

You could include it and send it to a Japanese company! Maybe you can be the next British guy to live in Japan, like the dude who created HarmoKnight...

Anyway, changing topics, once RPJ finish, I'm calling dibs on a Rise avatar based on your latest drawing, Dantis. Loved how she came out in that picture

His name was James Turner. He designed Golurk (One of my favorite pokemon.)

Man ughhh I can't stand Liara. The games actively try to make you romance her too (I'm pretty sure she has the most romantic scenes even if you don't date her).

My sentiments exactly. I hate designated love interests in an ensemble. Liara stands out as the worst for me because every other love interest besides Snooki Diana Allers (who as far as I'm concerned isn't even a character) felt more likeable on their own merits.

Trigger

She can come off as a bit of a Mary Sue at times. I usually don't interact with her much in my playthroughs.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Meia

If you click your heels and say it 3 times it might come true.

No fusion and no Jung, so I can't say I agree.

It does have cooler robots and bird-men though.

It doesn't, but it does have social links without numbers blatantly telling you a rank. And hey, they do a good job by how well you do with them effecting the outcome of the second game, so there's that too. :p

But yeah, Liara was kind of blatant, and yet is my favorite pairing with the female shepard, so yeah. Well, that or Garrus, but Garrus is too much like a bro. Definitely had more of a Minako/Junpei vibe imo.

Moonlight

Banned
Liara is an awful character with an awful design and the asari themselves are collectively awful. Hated her, and it only got worse with every game. It's a bit hilarious how in ME3, you can otherwise be the most tremendous ass the game will possibly let you be, and there's literally no dialogue option in the game to make Liara out to be anything but your best friend and/or lover.

Time for... there's no day that goes with "r" Robots!

Toaster Tuesday.
Not as good as Waifu Wednesday.

Caladrius

I was kidding, I'm making fun of those people who slam Persona (and JRPGs in general) and praise the Western RPG for having similar elements.

Now this is just false. EDI is cool, but Aigis trumps her.

Wrong robot

(Disclaimer for the uninitiated: This is from a mod, I can't find the original dance he does in the games.)

Legion is a better character than Aigis.

My man.

It doesn't, but it does have social links without numbers blatantly telling you a rank. And hey, they do a good job by how well you do with them effecting the outcome of the second game, so there's that too. :p

But yeah, Liara was kind of blatant, and yet is my favorite pairing with the female shepard, so yeah. Well, that or Garrus, but Garrus is too much like a bro. Definitely had more of a Minako/Junpei vibe imo.

Very true. I usually pick Garrus for when I play as a girl though. Of course I generally don't separate my bros from my hos.

Liara is an awful character with an awful design and the asari themselves are collectively awful. Hated her, and it only got worse with every game. It's a bit hilarious how in ME3, you can otherwise be the most tremendous ass the game will possibly let you be, and there's literally no dialogue option in the game to make Liara out to be anything but your best friend and/or lover.

I avoided talking to her whenever possible because of the absolutely insufferable preferential treatment she gets (except for taking her on the Prothean Missions. Her breakdown was delicious and basically the only saving grace of her character, if only for the fact that she shows actual character flaws.) You get to basically destroy (or end) the lives of every party member except for her.

I may be super late for this, but did anyone else notice that Dantis fixed the 'L' on his signature because a hentai site thought it was a lower-case 'h'?

Old

New

lol

Also Dantis why is Rise not more fabulous than Naoto.

Seriously man.

Inb4 tidal waves of waifu comments

Meia

As important as the choice for persona for a character, is the weapon. A whip......is a really good fit for Ai, no question.

Gazoinks

The interaction between these two are some of my favorite moments in p4. Wouldn't said it even romantic yet they have this natural chemistry going on.

They seem like bros more than love interests, honestly. I could see them hooking up, but more than that I could just see them being tight friends forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom