• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

An image board, man. Gelbooru/Danbooru are the dirty ones. Safebooru is filtered. There are more too. Like, Sakaku Complex has it's own image board, but that's a smut site no one should visit.

Seriously, don't. SC is trash.

Ah.

I wouldn't go on any of them anyway.

Has anyone here read them? are they any good?

Volume one cover:
5613l.jpg

I wouldn't go on any of them anyway.

If you're looking for something quite specific they can be useful.

Levito

Banned
Had a really weird dream about PersonaGAF meeting up at EVO.

A bunch of us were at an airport. I think it was Ven, Smed, and I waiting outside the terminal. Up pulled one of those hummer/limo hybrids and low and behold--Armada was inside, saying he was there to pick us up. (Armada looked like Ryan Seacrest for some reason)

So even though EVO's supposed to be in Vegas, this clearly was a town in the middle of nowhere. We roll up to a giant mansion that's Armada's apparently, and head inside. Now comes the really weird part, once inside the place is full of old standard definition TV's that are all watching various streams on twitch.

After chatting for a while, Ven disappeared, and suddenly the house was full of bats. They were those huge flying fox bats too, like this one.

That's all I remember.

EMT0

Banned

A bunch of us were at an airport. I think it was Ven, Smed, and I waiting outside the terminal. Up pulled one of those hummer/limo hybrids and low and behold--Armada was inside, saying he was there to pick us up. (Armada looked like Ryan Seacrest for some reason)

So even though EVO's supposed to be in Vegas, this clearly was a town in the middle of nowhere. We roll up to a giant mansion that's Armada's apparently, and head inside. Now comes the really weird part, once inside the place is up of old standard definition TV's that are all watching various streams on twitch.

After chatting for a while, Ven disappeared, and suddenly the house was full of bats. They were those huge flying fox bats too, like this one.

That's all I remember.

That's strange.You forgot Smed's Rise body pillow, or alternatively, a blow up doll would have been acceptable.

6/10, step it up Levito

So even though EVO's supposed to be in Vegas, this clearly was a town in the middle of nowhere. We roll up to a giant mansion that's Armada's apparently, and head inside. Now comes the really weird part, once inside the place is up of old standard definition TV's that are all watching various streams on twitch.

That's all I remember.
So if Armada has a mansion, and said mansion is full of bats, then...

nah, can't mean anything.
That's strange.You forgot Smed's Rise body pillow, or alternatively, a blow up doll would have been acceptable.

6/10, step it up Levito
Seriously where was this in the dream, Levito? :p

Levito

Banned
Honestly, I wouldn't ever be able to buy one--not even on a joke.

True story: At Calgarycon last year, a friend tried to convince me to get a Sailor Mercury body pillow. Deal was if I bought one, he'd get a Sailor Mars Body pillow.

Did not trust him to follow through, plus the thought of actually buying one and having to bring it back on the train was too cringeworthy.

Venfayth

So even though EVO's supposed to be in Vegas, this clearly was a town in the middle of nowhere. We roll up to a giant mansion that's Armada's apparently, and head inside. Now comes the really weird part, once inside the place is full of old standard definition TV's that are all watching various streams on twitch.

That's all I remember.

Hahaha, this matches my impression of Armada perfectly. Also, sorry about the bats.

kewlmyc

True story: At Calgarycon last year, a friend tried to convince me to get a Sailor Mercury body pillow. Deal was if I bought one, he'd get a Sailor Mars Body pillow.

Did not trust him to follow through, plus the thought of actually buying one and having to bring it back on the train was too cringeworthy.
Real men aren't ashamed of their waifus.
Japanese-Dakimakura-love-pillows20.jpg

I'm in class so fuck if I'm gonna click anything.
It's just a gif of a guy doing a creepy smile.

cjkeats

I almost bought my girlfriend a Free! one as a joke. Kind of a "well now I can have some me time and you can have some company" thing. She would've laughed at it and probably actually have slept with it like a teddy bear.

Gazoinks

That's all I remember.

I-is Armada Dracula.

CorvoSol

Okay so I'm in the
Maru-Q Strip Tease
and I gotta say, Teddie has finally come into his own.

Teddie *after a bunch of pouting*: Can I try scoring with you two sometime?
Chie: Of course you can!
Yukiko: Can we please just drop the whole scoring thing?

*at the dungeon entrance*

Kanji: So this is a
strip joint,
huh?
Teddie:
Strip, huh? Oh I know what that is! Zebras have those!

Love you Teddie.

kewlmyc

Okay so I'm in the
Maru-Q Strip Tease

strip joint,
huh?
Teddie:

Love you Teddie.
Teddie's childlike personality is what makes him so endearing.

Gazoinks

Okay so I'm in the
Maru-Q Strip Tease

strip joint,
huh?
Teddie:

Love you Teddie.

Yep, Teddie is definitely a character who really grows on you. He gets better, too!

Moonlight

Banned
It's funny to consider how malleable Teddie is from the moment he's introduced, and how much of his character after that is directly shaped by the nature and content of the first few dungeons. There's this childlike innocence to his whole idea of sexuality that just works out really well.

(also yes, he gets even better)

I don't see why not; like Android I'd just need your preferred character and your screen resolution. Though if I'm remembering right, you could only use it as a screensaver, not as an actual wallpaper. ;)

I have Eriko as my lock screen SOOOO GOOOOD.

btw. I finally caved in and bought SMT: Persona for my Vita. It's a pretty good game, not as hard as I thought it would be. The gun mechanics are okay? It also plays somewhat similar to the mainline SMT series. I like it so far, I wonder if things will change.

I have Eriko as my lock screen SOOOO GOOOOD.

btw. I finally caved in and bought SMT: Persona for my Vita. It's a pretty good game, not as hard as I thought it would be. The gun mechanics are okay? It also plays somewhat similar to the mainline SMT series. I like it so far, I wonder if things will change.

P1 is a pretty easy game, and if you like the old SMT games, Persona 1 should be pretty easy to swallow.

Swedesu

P1 is a pretty easy game, and if you like the old SMT games, Persona 1 should be pretty easy to swallow.

Until you reach the Sebec Route's final boss and almost get completely wiped out in one turn when your magic shield user suddenly doesn't get to go before the boss.

Two ailment afflicted characters could not save me from that situation and I still haven't finished the game because I could not make myself to go through the tedious first phase and the final stretch of the dungeon again (This was my third try).

I did enjoy the game up until that point though.

kiriin

If I remember correctly S̶o̶e̶j̶i̶m̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶r̶a̶i̶t̶s̶, Kaneko however was responsible for the character design.

^That was Persona 2

World map theme for P1P is terrible.

WHICH DO YOU PREFER PEOPLE:

City 1- Post Disaster

Let the Butterflies Spread Unto the Dawn

Now both are pretty ok in my book, but the issue is that the song never changes in P1P, it is always LtBSUtD, meanwhile in Revelations Persona:

City 2- Accident

Likewise, in the original, the school had its own theme and the town too, where as in SMT Persona, the school and the city have the same song playing. This is an issue that plauges the PSP version, I think it has less than half the number of music tracks the original had, so now you have dungeons with repeated songs and completely unfitting songs for some situations.

This is factually wrong, School Days is the best song in the game.

keats pls no

Gazoinks

^That was Persona 2

WHICH DO YOU PREFER PEOPLE:
City 1- Post Disaster

Let the Butterflies Spread Unto the Dawn

Now both are pretty ok in my book, but the issue is that the song never changes in P1P, it is always LtBSUtD, meanwhile in Revelations Persona:

City 2- Accident

Likewise, in the original, the school had its own theme and the town too, where as in SMT Persona, the school and the city have the same song playing.

keats pls no

Why is there less music in P1P? Is it a storage problem because UMDs suck or was it just a lazy port?

Why is there less music in P1P? Is it a storage problem because UMDs suck or was it just a lazy port?

They say it was the UMD's and there is not only less songs, but the songs that are in there are cut in length, for example, this remix:

Ice Castle Dungeon

Ice Castle

Now both songs are 2 mintues, but the PS1 song doesnt loop the entire 2 minutes, the PSP one loops once at 1 minute and again at the end, they cut out entire sections of songs in the remixes. This is by far one of the best remixes on the new OST btw, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom