• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

You have to negotiate with demons to get tarot cards of a certain arcana. Then once you have enough of a certain amount, go to the Velvet Room you exchange them for different personae.
Yeah, basically think of it as crafting your personas. You need the proper materials to craft what you want.

Tabby

I've heard it has a great story, but other than that how does it compare to the other Persona games?
I might be interested in playing it.

Gazoinks

I've heard it has a great story, but other than that how does it compare to the other Persona games?
I might be interested in playing it.

It doesn't. :p

I don't mean that from a quality standpoint, but it plays very differently. It's much more of a traditional JRPG, and dated in some unpleasant ways (YMMV). That being said, EP has a good story and I dearly love IS's cast, so I'd recommend playing them if you don't mind the gameplay.

Tabby

It doesn't. :p

I don't mean that from a quality standpoint, but it plays very differently. It's much more of a traditional JRPG, and dated in some unpleasant ways (YMMV). That being said, EP has a good story and I dearly love IS's cast, so I'd recommend playing them if you don't mind the gameplay.

What I'm scared of most is getting used to the mechanics. I hate change.
YMMV?

Nachos

What I'm scared of most is getting used to the mechanics. I hate change.
YMMV?
Your mileage may vary. Worse comes to worse, use one of the GameFAQs guides to get through it. I wasn't completely enthralled by playing it, but I did enjoy visiting it as a curiosity, and despite the age, quite a few things hold up well, particularly from a story standpoint.

PersonaGAF: Who is worse, Marie or Kenji?

Kenji, I at least sorta like Marie. Even if she is one biggest tsunderes I've seen in awhile.
Kenji is...well....on the other hand.in a nutshell
gfs_11251_2_59.jpg

Tabby

At least he's smart enough to 1)know that socks go on your feet and 2) not wear a goddamn police hat like it's cool.

But it's not like his baseball cap is any better.
And at least Marie has a reason for being clueless, Junpei is just stupid.

At least Junpei has a character arc unlike a certain other character we've been talking about. :p

I haven't even finished Persona 3 Fes yet.
I'm still in September where
he's obsessing over Chidori.
Never realised he was a gentleman to be honest.

At least he's smart enough to 1)know that socks go on your feet and 2) not wear a goddamn police hat like it's cool.
I would also say that he has good street smarts compared to another SEES member, who though it was a good idea to investigate the back alley at Port Island Station at night.

Acid08

Banned
I mean, I haven't gotten far into P4G, but I really don't mind Marie. Don't see why so many of you hate her.

You'll see.

I also feel like playing OG P4 really fuels my hate for her because I had the incredible experience of playing that game without that idiot shitting all over it.

You'll see.

I also feel like playing OG P4 really fuels my hate for her because I had the incredible experience of playing that game without that idiot shitting all over it.

your hate is hilarious, just let it go as a character you dont like, I feel your hate is so strong its just causing you to dislike everything retroactively.

CorvoSol

I mean, I haven't gotten far into P4G, but I really don't mind Marie. Don't see why so many of you hate her.

Why I Hate Marie
a flow chart
by CorvoSol, age redacted

1. Her design. Like for reals. Can't understate how stupid she looks. People harp on FF for bad character designs and Marie belongs in the bottom of that bin.

2. Her attitude. The game has a bitchy girl in it already, do I need a second one? I'm at rank 8 with Marie and she still treats me like shit so I treat her like shit back and the game's still like "you feel closer to Marie" and I'm like "Yeah because there wasn't an option to tell her to be a man about her PSX era
amnesiatic headache.
"

3. She's mandatory. If I skip her I skip the bonus ending. That she already feels so forced anyway only makes it worse.

4. Her godawful poetry. That's almost Genesis Rhapsodos levels of shit poetry.

Tabby

SHUT UP HIS HAT IS AWESOME YOUSTUPIDJERKFACE

Junpei isn't stupid. His inferiority complex cripples him to the point of acting irrational at times and not applying himself at school, but it's not like he's book dumb or anything.

SO IS MARIE'S HAT.

I wasn't talking about that. The game already explained that to me.
I was talking about him being book dumb, what with him constantly asking me for answers during class and refusing to study.

Acid08

Banned
your hate is hilarious, just let it go as a character you dont like, I feel your hate is so strong its just causing you to dislike everything retroactively.

lol I'm obviously being hyperbolic, Marie didn't really make me like P4G any less. It's for sure the definitive version of that game. Marie has nothing to do with that though.

stop being so srs

^I am not serious, but I am picturing Doctor Robotnik from that 90's Sonic cartoon as a kid going OOOH I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG

lol I'm obviously being hyperbolic, Marie didn't really make me like P4G any less. It's for sure the definitive version of that game. Marie has nothing to do with that though.

well, its cuz of her that
that new epilogue thing exists so I thank her for that.

SO IS MARIE'S HAT.

I wasn't talking about that. The game already explained that to me.
I was talking about him being book dumb, what with him constantly asking me for answers during class and refusing to study.

He's not book dumb though, he just doesn't apply himself because he thinks that no matter how well he does, it won't be good enough for those he looks up to. Keep an eye on the test scores and you'll see what I mean.

Acid08

Banned
^I am not serious, but I am picturing Doctor Robotnik from that 90's Sonic cartoon as a kid going OOOH I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG

well, its cuz of her that
that new epilogue thing exists so I thank her for that.

They could have done that epilogue without her no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom