• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

The reincarnation mix of I'll Face Myself that they used for the
Marie (extra text to not make the spoiler's length give it away)
boss battle in Golden is my all time favorite Persona track. Really hard to compete with it.

Yeah, that one's great.

It's weird, I only played P4 last September, but a lot of the music feels weirdly nostalgic. Especially Your Affection.

miKevsz.jpg

Caladrius

No. This is how they're cast in the Japanese version too. Akira Ishida plays all three characters.

Why can't there be an Akira Ishida one man show?

The only thing I can fault on the P3 soundtrack is the lyrics to Massive Destruction, very silly stuff. Silly In a good way I suppose.

Uh yeah! Dadadada Dadadada~
Baby baby! Dadadada Dadadada~
Baby baby! Dadadada Dadow~ was the best part

Also Heartful Cry is probably my favorite track in the entire Persona series. Such an amazing soundtrack overall.

I love nonsense vocals so it doesn't bug me too much.
Heatful Cry is rather lovely. I'm more impartial to darkness for the beat though.

Gazoinks

The only thing I can fault on the P3 soundtrack is the lyrics to Massive Destruction, very silly stuff. Silly In a good way I suppose.

Baby baby! Dadadada Dadadada~
Baby baby! Dadadada Dadow~ was the best part

Also Heartful Cry is probably my favorite track in the entire Persona series. Such an amazing soundtrack overall.

I love the lyrics from the reincarnation version of Reach Out To the Truth. Yeah flooded apple pie!

Nachos

No. This is how they're cast in the Japanese version too. Akira Ishida plays all three characters.

Figured I might have been reaching, considering the thematic connection, but yeah, I'll go put my foot in my mouth now.

Still, my point was that it might be better to break that connection, considering the situation the English dub is in. Yosuke and Makoto are voiced by different people in Japanese, giving the two very distinct character integrities. Same goes for Adachi and Yu. It's fine when there's a storyline reason for why the two might sound so similar, as that'll obviously work, but otherwise, it just doesn't make sense. Yuri Lowenthal is much more recognizable as Yosuke, so it'd be best in the way of differentiating the two characters by finding a similar sounding replacement for Makoto that is also distinct.

Plus (late game P3 spoilers)
having Makoto and Ryoji sound the same is likely just a nod to the connection between the two. Ryoji's form as a shadow was already an established entity before Aigis sealed it within some kid who just happened to be there. You could argue that being inside Makoto made the shadow adopt some of his characteristics, but that's obviously not true since the two look so different when Ryoji chimes around. Plus, it's implied that Makoto speaks even if you don't hear him, so you would think someone would mention that the two sound so alike. Maybe someone didn't really consider the disconnect between presentation and storyline implications, but it just seems like something on the level of an Easter egg -- something cool for the fans to notice, but one of the first things that should get thrown out if it gets in the way of world building or suspension of disbelief.

Man, we might hit OT4 before we actually see P5. *sigh*
We'll hit it before the end of the month at this rate.

Gazoinks

Probably because by then we'd have dissected Persona Q to the bone and that takes a fair number of posts. PersonaGAF during the Persona 5 hype train was insane.

Just imagine once they actually release info about P5. Or when it's actually released!

I do hope they reveal some more PQ details soon. I want to know about the gameplay!

Jintor

You know guys, you don't have to be into fighting games to go to EVO.

It's in fucking LAS VEGAS. Not like there's nothing to do outside of EVO.

People attending EVO: Armada's got plans, BIG PLANS. It's going to be so much fun.

The last time someone paid me to go to vegas, I was 20 and couldn't even stand in the hotel lobby for too long without being hassled by security

Meia

I'd love to go to Vegas, but I'm trying to get OUT of debt to go back to college, not get further in. :p

It's nice that the hotel fair seems really cheap, but you still need to actually travel there. :p

CorvoSol

iXlw5Qe.gif

Rise level 10 SLink.
Girl in bedroom. House is completely mine. Eat your heart out Yosuke. Confesses her love. Spends the entire afternoon in the room. EAT YOUR HEART OUT YOSUKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom