• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I would imagine that they pissed off a lot of people today. I haven't read the threads, but I can't picture myself being the only person who was unimpressed.

Seems more like a win-lose to me.

This is true.

I'm going to rent it and feel smug that they aren't getting my money. BET THEY'LL REALLY FEEL THE STING THEN, HUH?

Did they though? Everyone seems pretty satisfied that we heard about P5. I haven't heard all that much negativity. I'm just confused as to what you wanted here.

Dantis

Did they though? Everyone seems pretty satisfied that we heard about P5. I haven't heard all that much negativity. I'm just confused as to what you wanted here.

More than a chair.

Or failing that, not being led to believe that I'm getting more than a chair.

Keep in mind that I thought that it was a wonderful trailer. Was it worth all this buildup though? Not even fucking close. Not even a hundredth of it.

gXVQNtI.gif

PK Gaming

Dammit Adachi, you said you'd change your ways in your SLink, but now look at you.
Jesus, not this again :/

In his letter, he states that he genuinely enjoyed the time he spent with Yu, Nanako and Dojima, and that he'll follow his own path. He never said anything about "reforming."

Jesus, not this again :/

In his letter, he states that he genuinely enjoyed the time he spent with Yu, Nanako and Dojima, and that he'll follow his own path. He never said anything about "reforming."

I am PERSONAlly thinking he was intending on staying there and abiding by the rules, but when a certain MALEVOLENT ENTITY shows up, he thinks, "Well, its not like you get a chance like this every day."

FluxWaveZ

I am PERSONAlly thinking he was intending on staying there, but when a certain MALEVOLENT ENTITY shows up, he thinks, "Well, its not like you get a chance like this every day."

Or maybe after the town gets messed up, he just decides to walk out of prison and proceeds to fuck with anyone he comes across by calling out Shadows to screw with them and stuff.

Lunar15

More than a chair.

Well, the good thing is that when we do get a full trailer, we'll know what to expect next time, for the most part. The trolling is done for now.

Hashino's team is focused on the main goal. That's what puts my mind at ease. We know the platform and the rough release window. It's not a 3DS spinoff, nor is it a Vita Dancing game. It's Persona Frickin' Five.

Jintor

What good would knowing shit about P5 do you if it's releasing winter 2014?

Confirmation it exists is enough for me a year out.

FluxWaveZ

Where does he get that power though, does he still have it?

Doesn't he? If we're to assume that Persona powers can only be used in the TV world and that the real world is now like the world inside of the TV because of the red mist, then he'd be able to summon his Persona no prob.

Or if you mean communicating with Shadows, wasn't it that they wouldn't attack him because he had the same goal as they had? Same reasoning could potentially be used here.

cj_iwakura

More than a chair.

Keep in mind that I thought that it was a wonderful trailer. Was it worth all this buildup though? Not even fucking close. Not even a hundredth of it.

Yes it was. It was all worth it. The confirmation was all I wanted. That amazing vibe, the track, and the image that lets us speculate is worth a million to me.

You have no idea how hyped I get for new Atlus games. Catherine devoured my world for months on end.

I'm going to rent it and feel smug that they aren't getting my money. BET THEY'LL REALLY FEEL THE STING THEN, HUH?

You rent everything, though, so this is hardly much of a threat.

For such a big Atlus fan you sure love to minimize buying their products.

Caladrius

What good would knowing shit about P5 do you if it's releasing winter 2014?

Confirmation it exists is enough for me a year out.

I honestly don't think the game is in a presentable state yet. Development started when, 2012 or so? (I thought it was August 2012 when they first mentioned it was in development, but it could obviously be earlier.) They're probably not going to be out of alpha until at least July or August.

FluxWaveZ

You have no idea how hyped I get for new Atlus games. Catherine devoured my world for months on end.

The wait's gonna be torturous. Earliest confirmed release we have is next June, and that's just for the Japanese release. If we're real lucky, P4A2 could be released in April or May.

At least P4A2's out in arcades next week so I can watch a bunch of that.

I honestly don't think the game is in a presentable state yet. Development started when, 2012 or so? (I thought it was August 2012 when they first mentioned it was in development, but it could obviously be earlier.) They're probably not going to be out of alpha until about July or August.

Development started in 2010 (at least pre-development). Actual development started, at the latest, in 2011. They DEFINITELY have stuff to show off, if they so choose to.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey, the Adachi appearance could just mean that the Accomplice ending is the canon one. That also explains why Yu is trying to redeem himself through dance!

Dantis

You rent everything, though, so this is hardly much of a threat.

For such a big Atlus fan you sure love to minimize buying their products.

Only as long as they try to sell me a turd and tell me it's a diamond!

There was a time when I bought internally developed Atlus games on day 1 based on principle. The region lock made me realise my folly.

Atlus taught me another lesson today, I think. They're a teaching company.

From the other topic:

https://twitter.com/Supernintendo/status/404581515633639424

BZ1cvqrIUAAMkWx.jpg

apparently apparently apparently apparently apparently

LOL.

PK Gaming

Posted this in the other thread:

Persona 2 callbacks:
tumblr_inline_mws80mDkVJ1rftl80.png

The game being canon: Ridiculously easy to explain away. The characters lose their memories upon returning to the real world, simple.

EDIT: Conclude the story? What.

EDIT2: Oh it's fake. Should have known it was fake due to the P2 callback.

cj_iwakura

Hey, the Adachi appearance could just mean that the Accomplice ending is the canon one. That also explains why Yu is trying to redeem himself through dance!

I'm sure they'll think up a story for it, and it will be glorious.

If Elizabeth is in it, I'm buying two.

Daimaou

Wait, where'd that person get that from? Concluding the P3-P4 storyline would mean that it takes place after P4A2. How does the story occur when it never actually happens in P3 or P4?

This doesn't make sense.

Well, we don't know if they consider it canon or not, but it definitely doesn't conclude it due to its place in the timelines.

Jintor

Actually, first thing I thought when I saw the clocktower was "P2?"

but then, I still don't have a replacement Vita charger cable, so I dunno

i hope p5 ditches the scavenging loot to unlock new equipment stuff. i'm kind of over that mechanic.

Really, I thought it was a cool little way to throw "semi-crafting" in there, I don't think any other rpg I've played has the same "get rid of your junk items and be rewarded with new weapons you can by using the gold you just made selling your junk items" I mean, I wouldn't miss it much if it was gone, I just thought it was cool.

Edit: HEY! I'm a member now! sweet looks like I've caught up to Gaz-kun!!
not really lol you got like a million more posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom