• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Wait a minute personaGAF.

persona-5.jpg

Red and white theme... sounds familiar...

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lebron-james-nba-2k14-video-game-cover.jpg

And wait a minute... balls and chains?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78GiehoqhrQ

My God. Persona 5 is
Space Jam 2!

Andrefpvs

PersonaGAF, I think I'm only going to stay with you until the first Persona 5 trailer/infodump is out. I want to go on a total media blackout for this game (well, as far as it is possible).

Persona 3 & 4 were magical experiences because I knew very little about them. I want to experience the same with Persona 5. I really want to.

Does this make sense to anyone else? What are you guys planning to do?

Would anyone be willing to make me a Persona Q Junpei avatar if no one's wearing one already? I can't have a salty avatar; these are times of celebration!

Lunar15

PersonaGAF, I think I'm only going to stay with you until the first Persona 5 trailer is out. I want to go on a total media blackout for this game (well, as far as it is possible).

Persona 3 & 4 were magical experiences because I knew very little about them. I want to experience the same with Persona 5. I really want to.

I haven't decided yet. I think I might watch the trailers, but avoid anything other than that (such as interviews, etc.)

I had seen trailers of P4 and 3 before going into those, so I think I'll be OK.

CrazyDude

PersonaGAF, I think I'm only going to stay with you until the first Persona 5 trailer/infodump is out. I want to go on a total media blackout for this game (well, as far as it is possible).

I am at least getting some basic information and looking at character design.

Daimaou

I'll probably stop looking around as much when the JP version hits and real spoilers get out there. Up until that point, though, I will devour as much information as I can get.

iirc I wrote 'amagai'

risette remains the hardest cast member to draw.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just realized how close those two words are...this has to mean something.

Also you pulled off Rise just fine, in fact she seems to be the most athletic person in that picture, and I just can't put my finger on why.

jaxword

Me too. I'll probably be avoiding forums for 2014.

Had to do the same for Game of Thrones, people were busy posting wink-wink spoilers even in threads they were not supposed to be post in. It's like people cannot resist talking about things and convince themselves they're not spoiling things even though everything they say is.

It's the same for Star Wars 7. Gaffers are posting spoilers RIGHT IN THE THREAD TITLES and not being punished.

People just can't control themselves.

Jintor

i'll try and be with you, dawg

Sophia

Also, if Persona Q is basically Etrian Odyssey with Persona, then I hope this leads to the inevitable: Shoiji Meguro working with Yuzo Koshiro on the music.

I fear such a thing would be too much for the universe to handle.

cjkeats

I see someone has good taste in avatars.

I had it in however long it took to get photoshop open, crop, border, resize, save, and upload after the site went live.
So like, 2 minutes.
Also, if Persona Q is basically Etrian Odyssey with Persona, then I hope this leads to the inevitable: Shoiji Meguro working with Yuzo Koshiro on the music.

That would open a black hole.

Tamanon

Banned
Real Talk: I think Persona 5's method of "awakening" a persona will be characters coming to terms with whatever they think is holding them down and/or realizing it's themselves.

Now how they summon it....that's a tough one. Might just be cards again.

Lunar15

Hmm, unsure if I just want to do a new Avatar, or keep up my tradition of changing Jeff Winger with a new shop, this time persona related.

Moonlight

Banned
Am I the only one thinking that the next poster or trailer we get for P5 is going to be the same as the one they already showed off (chairs with balls and chains around the leg), but with each of the main cast members sitting in the seats?

Andrefpvs

I haven't decided yet. I think I might watch the trailers, but avoid anything other than that (such as interviews, etc.)

I had seen trailers of P4 and 3 before going into those, so I think I'll be OK.

I am at least getting some basic information and looking at character design.

I'll probably stop looking around as much when the JP version hits and real spoilers get out there. Up until that point, though, I will devour as much information as I can get.

Me too. I'll probably be avoiding forums for 2014.

Had to do the same for Game of Thrones, people were busy posting wink-wink spoilers even in threads they were not supposed to be post in. It's like people cannot resist talking about things and convince themselves they're not spoiling things even though everything they say is.

It's the same for Star Wars 7. Gaffers are posting spoilers RIGHT IN THE THREAD TITLES and not being punished.

People just can't control themselves.

i'll try and be with you, dawg

Thanks for the responses. Let me use Persona 4 as an example:

When I started playing it, I knew nothing about Inaba. It was a complete mystery to me, just as it was to Narukami. Slowly getting acquainted to this little rural town. I got to know Chie, Yukiko, Yosuke, etc. at the same pace as he did. And it was great.

I really yearn for something like this again.

FluxWaveZ

If only that happened with P4A and Daisuke Ishiwatari. Because of that, I have a feeling that's not how Meguro rolls.

Andrefpvs

Real Talk: I think Persona 5's method of "awakening" a persona will be characters coming to terms with whatever they think is holding them down and/or realizing it's themselves.

Now how they summon it....that's a tough one. Might just be cards again.

My guess:

Personas will be summoned by stomping on the ground, symbolizing the breaking of the chains holding the characters down.

I'm still working on my set of Persona 4 Arena HD wallpapers, but today's announcements (one in particular) planted a new idea in my head.

A few days ago I found these greats fan-made sprites of
Adachi
online and wanted to use them for one of the wallpapers. Today's Ultimax trailer just set me in motion. I tried to use the screenshot of him that has been uploaded from the stream, but it's just too blurry to work (that, and his legs are cut off at the thighs!). Hope you all enjoy this one; the normal cast resumes tomorrow!

So, without further ado:
"The World is Full of Shit!" aka "Bitches and Whores!"

Marche90

^My God, that is amazing.

I know I'll spoil myself to hell and back... That's how it went with P3 and P4.

Trigger

Am I the only one thinking that the next poster or trailer we get for P5 is going to be the same as the one they already showed off (chairs with balls and chains around the leg), but with each of the main cast members sitting in the seats?

Honestly?

That would be hella cool.

kewlmyc

I'm still working on my set of Persona 4 Arena HD wallpapers, but today's announcements (one in particular) planted a new idea in my head.

A few days ago I found these greats fan-made sprites of
Adachi
online and wanted to use them for one of the wallpapers. Today's Ultimax trailer just set me in motion. I tried to use the screenshot of him that has been uploaded from the stream, but it's just too blurry to work (that, and his legs are cut off at the thighs!). Hope you all enjoy this one; the normal cast resumes tomorrow!

So, without further ado:
"The World is Full of Shit!" aka "Bitches and Whores!"

You sir are awesome. He better be playable if they put a sprite of him in the game. I mean, he was a boss for crying out loud!

EDIT: Too many avatar changes, I'm getting confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom