• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

CorvoSol

GameFAQs usally has a good selection of save states why not try there?

All of theirs are from like, the day before the last battle. At this point I'd be cool with a save in December.

what about your social links?

A lost cause is a lost cause, I suppose. Worst case scenario I could always use cheat codes to put the SLinks back to their approximate locations. Redoing 214 floors of Tartarus and 10 months of in-game time, though . . .

JaseMath

Just started P4G last night (my first Persona title) amidst all the high praise. I'm 2.5 hours in and I'm honestly bored to tears. :(
This may sound naïve, but is there any actual gameplay because I feel like I just watched a 2 and a half hour anime with 2 or 3 battles peppered in. And maybe it's because I don't like anime, but I really don't care for the VO.

Trigger

Just started P4G last night (my first Persona title) amidst all the high praise. I'm 2.5 hours in and I'm honestly bored to tears. :(
This may sound naïve, but is there any actual gameplay because I feel like I just watched a 2 and a half hour anime with 2 or 3 battles peppered in... And am I the only one who turned off the voice acting?

The game is a slow burn in the beginning. After you unlock the ability to freely explore the first dungeon the pacing picks back up a little. I love the voice acting to bits. I can't think of any character I disliked.

Dantis

This may sound naïve, but is there any actual gameplay because I feel like I just watched a 2 and a half hour anime with 2 or 3 battles peppered in. And maybe it's because I don't like anime, but I really don't care for the VO.

I'd recommend you wait until you get a bit further in before making a final decision. There's always a lot of talking though. It's a very dialogue-driven game.

Also, never heard of anyone turning off the voice acting. Didn't even know that it was an option!

MSMrRound

Here's some ideas.

095Joad.jpg

Yamada as Teddie. Snrk.

Works as a voice-acting joke too (given that both are voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi-Usopp from One Piece, L from Death Note, Inuyasha from...Inuyasha)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

If you head to the "games that don't start for 4 hours" thread, there are people who call it the "Persona 4 thread." Its just like that.

hao chi

Here's some ideas.

I know I've commented on this pic before, but I really like how they went with characters that looked most similar to each other, and not stuff like Yu has to dressed as Makoto because they're the main characters, or (late DanganRonpa spoiler)
having Naoto dressed as Kyouko because they're both detectives.

I just posted some sketches I've been doing over the last few months. Some are bad, some are good.

I like this one:

It very good, I like it. You should try doing more of drawing the guys. And I looked at your link, and really like Yukari in that dress. She's so cute in it.

Also before I forget, it's my birthday today. So I'll be turning 20, and have a present that I'll show later when I get back home that is Persona related.

Late November P3 spoilers:

Saw Chidori's fate coming a mile away. Also I felt really bad for how hard I kicked Chidori's ass--she went down in a single round. Mitsuru used her Varuna Bracer's charged Bufudyne and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. I am also really glad I chose not to use Junpei on my regular team, because that's the second boss fight that they don't allow you to use him on. That's just silly.

Despite seeing Chidori's fate coming, I somehow didn't see Takaya and Jin coming back, though in retrospect I really should have. I guess the events of the next day kind of clouded my memories. Also, since I've been able to start Mitsuru's S.Link I've been back to school proper once. That's not fair, November is just all booked up.

PK Gaming

tumblr_n2dw3rvkoM1s602ggo10_250.png

This is honestly pretty amazing, haha

tumblr_n2dw3rvkoM1s602ggo2_250.png

FeMC looks super cute with her hair down <3

tumblr_n2dw3rvkoM1s602ggo1_1280.png

So pretty &#9834;

Always happy to see you draw multiple characters

Dantis

Cheers for the positive comments!

These are sketches? ;_;
I like them, especially Yukari, Mitsuru, and Naoto ones.

Draw more of Da Man please.

Well, they're cleaned up sketches. Probably around an hour each or something. It's not like, five minute doodles, haha!

Always happy to see you draw multiple characters

ARE YOU POSSIBLY SUGGESTING THAT I ALWAYS DRAW THE SAME CHARACTER?

CorvoSol

Between last night and today I've spent like, 3 hours trying to fix this. By golly I'm going to get an approximate version of my save recreated and I'm going to finish this game with both Makoto and Clara alive, gosh darn it.

But as a random question, does anybody know the precise day in P3 that the full menu is available for use?

EDIT: Okay, Got a save, got it to November. It's stupid broken, and it has no SLinks done. Fiddle the SLinks a bit and I should be good to get back into the game.

JaseMath

If you head to the "games that don't start for 4 hours" thread, there are people who call it the "Persona 4 thread." Its just like that.

I usually only give games 2-3 hours before I decide to stick with them or not. I don't have a ton of opportunities for long gaming sessions, so I don't like to waste my time with games I'm ultimately not going to enjoy. I'll make concessions for P4G since it's been mentioned alongside Chrono Trigger and other greats, but if it hadn't, I'd be out. I hope it gets as good as everyone says since I'm really stepping outside my comfort zone to try something new in Persona.

Daft_Cat

Pacing picks up and gameplay becomes more active, but if the aesthetic/visual novel style bores you, then drop it.

I always got the impression that Junpei was taller than Yosuke and was going to mention it about your drawing, Dantis, but then I actually looked it up and apparently Yosuke is actually the taller of the two. The more you know.

Lunar15

I can't wait to make a PQ team of Yosuke, Junpei, Shinji, Akihiko and Kanji and just call it the "Brodown".

Also, Dantis: I really love how you drew Junpei's facial expression. Super well done.

PK Gaming

Between last night and today I've spent like, 3 hours trying to fix this. By golly I'm going to get an approximate version of my save recreated and I'm going to finish this game with both Makoto and Clara alive, gosh darn it.

But as a random question, does anybody know the precise day in P3 that the full menu is available for use?

EDIT: Okay, Got a save, got it to November. It's stupid broken, and it has no SLinks done. Fiddle the SLinks a bit and I should be good to get back into the game.

Phew

Glad you're back on the horse man, it was pretty touch and go for a while!

arue

I always got the impression that Junpei was taller than Yosuke and was going to mention it about your drawing, Dantis, but then I actually looked it up and apparently Yosuke is actually the taller of the two. The more you know.

I was about to look this up too and I came across this:
According to this chart, I would be standing between Ken and Fuuka.

CorvoSol

Phew

Glad you're back on the horse man, it was pretty touch and go for a while!

Yeah, I finally have all my Social Links in order except the Student Council and Treasurer ones. The SEES one is several ranks too high, but I have two saves so if something goes wrong I'll open the other file and manually lower the rank. My save is about a week earlier than where I was, my equipment, stats, and Personas are all hilariously uber now, and I have to rerun those 50 floors of Tartarus, but once I've done that, Makoto will be caught up to Clara. So hopefully sometime tomorrow I will be able to resume the month of November.

I was about to look this up too and I came across this:

According to this chart, I would be standing between Ken and Fuuka.
That reminds me, I can't remember what scene it was in P3, but there was some point where I realized "Holy shit Fuuka is short." I think she was standing next to Ken. Didn't realize she was Naoto short though. P4 kind of makes a deal out of Naoto's height in comparison though, so I guess that's why I didn't notice it.

Fuuka... that reminds me--does it bother anyone else that Fuuka pretty much never, ever uses her Evoker to call her Persona? I think, since the first time she called it, I've seen her pull out her Evoker once.

Dantis

I'm actually not sure how tall I am. About 5'11, I think?

Fun fact: This is one of the stupid checks I do when I draw two characters stood together.

Top Bottom