• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Edit: Girl (Lucy)with horns in her head?

That's Elfen Lied.

Other than that, I don't know which other part could have anything resembling a demon.

todd360

That transcript though. I loved the ending. I come. I loled so hard. I didnt pay to much attention to the lines when I watched it because I knew it was fake immediately.

#milliontimesdead

The article image of whatever anime that was slayed me. The guy legit took a screenshot of the fake trailer and used it. I'm starting to hope that he didn't actually fall for it and just wanted some site views so he pretended like he had a real p5 trailer.

FluxWaveZ

That fake trailer gave me violent flashbacks to the time I watched Elfen Lied. 'Twas very unpleasant.

And geez, people can be so gullible at times. The date makes it even crazier.

Levito

Banned
For reference, here's what the actual voiceover script we used said:

From the very moment of my emergence, I have been a guiding light shed to illuminate thy path...I am the original… (Zack)

Thy brilliant mother, the master of strings…(Armada)

I am the one who dwells in the rift between human consciousness and unconsciousness. I am you. You are me... I am always within you, watching over you.(pan)

My halo fallen and crushed upon the earth...
That I may bring balance to this world (armada)

The bearer of the inferno that burns away impurity
Nourished have I this karmic flow
Where great above meets great below (Zack)

Everyone:
I am thou…(Zack) Thou art I…(Pan) From the sea of thy soul(Armada)

I come..(everyone)

todd360

B-TEN.com was founded in 2012, by Gabe Carey, as a small blog entitled Bullogna, a term which combined elements from the terms ‘bullcrap’ and ‘bologna’, implying that competing sites were full of these terms due to convenient product placement and product reviews, also known as “news”.

I'm starting to think the website that posted levitos video is just a website of lies. The description makes it sound like their name is implying that other websites are lies. Maybe I'm reading it wrong? I think they just post fake crap for kicks and giggles though. It has to be that. No one is that stupid.

FluxWaveZ

Random company comparison shots (Atlus USA left, Atlus Japan right):
1067271-1.jpg
r_a-1.jpeg

hao chi

That fake trailer gave me violent flashbacks to the time I watched Elfen Lied. 'Twas very unpleasant.

Elfen Lied made me cringe quite a few times, but overall I really enjoyed it. I actually can't believe I watched the entire show in one night.

Levito

Banned
Random company comparison shots (Atlus USA left, Atlus Japan right):

Atlus USA basically looks like what you'd expect a development studio to look like. While Atlus Japan looks quite posh.

B-TEN.com was founded in 2012, by Gabe Carey, as a small blog entitled Bullogna, a term which combined elements from the terms ‘bullcrap’ and ‘bologna’, implying that competing sites were full of these terms due to convenient product placement and product reviews, also known as “news”.

I'm starting to think the website that posted levitos video is just a website of lies. The description makes it sound like their name is implying that other websites are lies. Maybe I'm reading it wrong? I think they just post fake crap for kicks and giggles though. It has to be that. No one is that stupid.

Maybe you're on to something? Random.

FluxWaveZ

Flux, that first picture of the outside of the ATLUS USA is actually the old ATLUS USA headquarters, there in a completely different part of irvine, Califronia now.

Ah, really? Thanks for the info, though that's the only pic from the outside of their office I could find.

Wonder if that means that last pic I posted of theirs is also an old one. Is it strange that I want an office tour from both studios? A behind-the-scenes from Atlus Japan could be really cool.

Edit: Seeing this Kotaku article from 2008, I think both the first and the last images are old if they moved offices after that.

Ah, really? Thanks for the info, though that's the only pic from the outside of their office I could find.

Wonder if that means that last pic I posted of theirs is also an old one. Is it strange that I want an office tour from both studios? A behind-the-scenes from Atlus Japan could be really cool.

Edit: Seeing this Kotaku article from 2008, I think both the first and the last images are old if they moved offices after that.

Yeah they are, and here's another thing that I just did, I looked at some of my ATLUS game on the back and looked at the addresses for the company headquarters. They have moved about three times around Irvine. Though I'm betting they have moved a couple times even before 1999, since they have been around since 1991.
Interesting fact about ATLUS USA, they were founded as Asuka in 1991.

Also found this little video about the former ATLUS USA CEO, Shinichi Suzuki. it's mostly talking about business, but thought it would be worth a listen if your curious.

Atlus USA basically looks like what you'd expect a development studio to look like. While Atlus Japan looks quite posh.

I mean it certainly helps that all the P-Studio pictures try their best to hide the cubicles.

Still though, I wish more offices would embrace good lighting instead of crummy florescents.

bonercop

I think it's hilarious that people took that seriously. People give P3 a lot of shit for being a tad melodramatic... but it ain't that level of tryhard edgy that's for sure!

Guru-Guru

Banned
40 hours into P4 Golden and still loving it. I remember when Kuma initially took off his suit and I was super disappointed that they made him into some cute effeminate character. I though his personality was completely going to change from that point on. Turns out I was wrong, as he has been even more awesome since then! Def my favorite character so far.

Lunar15

40 hours into P4 Golden and still loving it. I remember when Kuma initially took off his suit and I was super disappointed that they made him into some cute effeminate character. I though his personality was completely going to change from that point on. Turns out I was wrong, as he has been even more awesome since then! Def my favorite character so far.

Teddie is an incredible character. I think I had the same reaction you did. I totally didn't expect to like him at first glance, but that goes for a lot of characters in the game. (See: Rise)

Trigger

Bears are one of my favorite animals. I knew I'd like Teddie. If only I could have a five person party, then I'd use him more.

Yeah, reading the 2013 TGS Siliconera article, apparently Sega was helping with the distribution of their games so sometimes they would share a booth? Well, I suppose I'd expect it to be at what seems to be the biggest gaming show of the year in Japan, but TGS is always a weird thing. They could just bring P4D or something and be done with it.

Yeah in 2012 the extended SMTIV trailer (the first time Stephen was shown) was played at the Sega booth. Would P4D be released by the time of this year's TGS? I'd expect P4D, P5 and P4A to get trailers.

hao chi

I really can't stand Teddie. I didn't mind him too much at first, but after
he leaves the TV world,
he just became, uh... intolerable* for me. Mainly because
seeing him in the real world in his costume just seemed too ridiculous to me, but even in his human form I find him incredibly annoying.

He's fun to use in P4A though, I'll give him that.

*I may or may not have been trying to think of a word to describe him that's not, "unbearable."

FluxWaveZ

Yeah in 2012 the extended SMTIV trailer (the first time Stephen was shown) was played at the Sega booth. Would P4D be released by the time of this year's TGS? I'd expect P4D, P5 and P4A to get trailers.

P4AU will probably already have been released by the time TGS starts on September 18. P4D will probably be released soon after, or maybe even shortly before TGS, since it's slated for a fall 2014 release.

CorvoSol

I really can't stand Teddie. I didn't mind him too much at first, but after
he leaves the TV world,
he just became, uh... intolerable* for me. Mainly because
seeing him in the real world in his costume just seemed too ridiculous to me, but even in his human form I find him incredibly annoying.

He's fun to use in P4A though, I'll give him that.

*I may or may not have been trying to think of a word to describe him that's not, "unbearable."

I'm like, the exact opposite. I hated Teddie when the game began but the longer he was with me the more I came to love the little fuzzball. I don't really hate any of P4's cast though. Not like P3, where I can name several minor characters I wanted to throat punch.

FluxWaveZ

This is somewhat interesting: On the P4U2 site, they have actually removed one of the external website rectangles at the bottom of the page—which previously contained a link to the Taito 2-on-2 P4U2 tournament website—to presumably replace it by something else later on.

Levito

Banned
AAAAHH John Hardin from Atlus gave me a code for Devil Summoner vs. The Soulless Army cause of the trailer. Didn't know what it was until it was redeemed, so I gave the code to Trueself.

This is why Atlus is the best.

The one early on with the creepy hand.

May or may not be a demon.

HAhaha that was from Wolf Children, it's not a demon hand(spoilers). That's actually a cute/sweet scene, but a black and white filter, creepy song, and voiceover make it look so wrong. XD

CorvoSol

The one early on with the creepy hand.

May or may not be a demon.

Hahahahaha. That's Wolf Children. There are no demons in that anime. The trailer's greatest strength is in making a charming, heart-warming family oriented movie seem CREEPY AS FUCK.

I love the fact that more and more people seem to be giving persona a play, seems like there's been a dramatic rise in numbers since the November announcements.

Gazoinks

AAAAHH John Hardin from Atlus gave me a code for Devil Summoner vs. The Soulless Army cause of the trailer. Didn't know what it was until it was redeemed, so I gave the code to Trueself.

This is why Atlus is the best.

Haha, awesome. John Hardin seems like a cool guy.

FluxWaveZ

I love the fact that more and more people seem to be giving persona a play, seems like there's been a dramatic rise in numbers since the November announcements.

I'd probably date it back to the NA release of Persona 4 Golden, really. Since then, there's been no shortage of people getting into the series for the first time.

Haha, awesome. John Hardin seems like a cool guy.

Yeah, he seems pretty active in terms of answering questions people have.

Also, weird question, but does anyone have a reference to what the digital kind of sound is at the 0:13 mark in the Persona 5 trailer? It feels like every other sound in it before the music has a pretty distinct, real world equivalent, but I'm not sure if that has one. (Also, don't know when it happened, but Atlus USA's Youtube channel now has the new logo.)

NichM

Banned

Yeah. The second one is more or less contemporary, though the lobby's in a bit of a shambles right now.

The outside of our current building isn't very interesting. Our logo isn't even on it.

FluxWaveZ

The outside of our current building isn't very interesting. Our logo isn't even on it.

Heh, now I feel even weirder for wanting to see it. I find it really fun to see and learn about the people and the workplaces behind the the things I'm a fan of.

Dantis

Mercenary Kings is the actual worst. Really really not feeling it at all.

That's awesome!

Squire

Banned
Also, weird question, but does anyone have a reference to what the digital kind of sound is at the 0:13 mark in the Persona 5 trailer? It feels like every other sound in it before the music has a pretty distinct, real world equivalent, but I'm not sure if that has one. (Also, don't know when it happened, but Atlus USA's Youtube channel now has the new logo.)

I always figured that was a cell phone ringing.

Mercenary Kings is the actual worst. Really really not feeling it at all.

Ah, I made a mental note to download that today.

Dantis

I always figured that was a cell phone ringing.

Ah, I made a mental note to download that today.

That's definitely what it sounds like to me.

Also, I always forget how stylish that trailer is. Damn.

Also, Mercenary Kings: Very slow and clunky, and some of the design feels really unfair to me. You might get some enjoyment out of it, but it's the worst PS4 PS+ game so far by a good margin in my opinion.

Top Bottom