• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Meia

Newest Atlus Faithful e-mail just got sent out, about the release of the first Devil Summoner game on PSN being available now, and they have this line as the last sentence of it:

Plus, did you all see this? Boy, I bet you would sure like to know what day it's coming out....

Time to quadruple dip!

Lunar15

I love how aware the Atlus Faithful newsletter is. Makes sense give the communication we've had with people from the team in here, everyone really seems to be on point.

I've worked with PR teams that know less about their product than I do, so it's refreshing to see those that are just on top of their shit.

Gazoinks

Newest Atlus Faithful e-mail just got sent out, about the release of the first Devil Summoner game on PSN being available now, and they have this line as the last sentence of it:

Time to quadruple dip!

I shouldn't be this tempted to rebuy OG P4.

arue

Plus, did you all see this? Boy, I bet you would sure like to know what day it's coming out....

Boy I sure do like to know what day this is coming out.

I might wait to buy Devil Summoner on PSN until summer because finals is just a month away :(

Marche90

Likewise. Going to wait until summer to buy them. In fact, I haven't even started Tales of Xillia because I know it's going to be a time sink...

Meia

tumblr_lpdr77h8fL1qdwsn0.png

Hey Yuki, wanna go out for some steak? *breathes heavily*

Necrovex

Im not going to take the job. It wasn't what I was expecting. It pretty much has slave hours, not so good pay, and some potential dangers in the role.

Good luck good in your interviews Necrovex. :)

I had a similar interview concerning a mental health position. But I was slow-rolled into finding out it was a part-time gig. I was like "Thanks for the time, but nooooooope!" Some really craptastic hours, and it was possibly dangerous.

This IT position would be valuable in gaining my IT licenses before I disappear to South Africa in January. And thanks!

I wish to remind everyone how amazing Alan Wake music is. Anyone who appreciates good music should listen to Poets of the Fall.

I had a similar interview concerning a mental health position. But I was slow-rolled into finding out it was a part-time gig. I was like "Thanks for the time, but nooooooope!" Some really craptastic hours, and it was possibly dangerous.

This IT position would be valuable in gaining my IT licenses before I disappear to South Africa in January. And thanks!

It's strange. i have a degree in Psychology, and always thought working in mental health would be kool. But today I found that starting out, or even working your way up doesn't sound, or appear to be appealing at all. The pay certainly doesn't justify some of the stuff that you're expected to encounter whilst working with mental patients. The working hours is totally insane (No pun intended).

Ive worked slave hours, and done a crappy job for the past 8+ years, so I think ill try and aim for something a bit more satisfying. Ill probably pursue mental health as a side project. Right now, Im trying to figure out what sort of career path I should go down. Today has been a real eye opener.

I always wanted to go to South Africa, An amazing country indeed.

Necrovex

Oh you saw that thread bump too? Haha, I love the Alan Wake soundtrack! Children of the Elder God is fantastic. Same guy did the soundtrack for Rochard, which I really like as well. Space western sound? Yes please.

Yup! I love Alan Wake to death, and I cry at night that we aren't getting a follow up for, at least, a few more years.

It's strange. i have a degree in Psychology, and always thought working in mental health would be kool. But today I found that starting out, or even working your way up doesn't sound, or appear to be appealing at all. The pay certainly doesn't justify some of the stuff that you're expected to encounter whilst working with mental patients. The working hours is totally insane (No pun intended).

Ive worked slave hours, and done a crappy job for the past 8+ years, so I think ill try and aim for something a bit more satisfying. Ill probably pursue mental health as a side project. Right now, Im trying to figure out what sort of career path I should go down. Today has been a real eye opener.

I always imagine being a clinical psychologist like the one in Monster. That's how I got initially interested in the field! One reason why I studied Criminology. Now I am either aiming to get into IT, or Public Health once my time with Peace Corps in South Africa is over.

I know how you feel, my degree was in criminology. After 2 years of job searching in that field, I gave up. I now work on the railway, make a decent wage, and am a lot happier now than I was when I was focusing on using my degree.

Even though my degree didnt land me a job, it still helps me in life with critical thinking and analysis and helps me realise that mainstream media is 99% bullshit when it comes to criminal stuff.

Hopefully you'll end up doing something that you really enjoy, and put the skills that you learned with your degree to good use in that job and even in your normal life. Just remember, "If a job's worth doing, its worth doing well."

Good luck with your future job stuff, and even so PersonaGAF is here when you need us.

I always imagine being a clinical psychologist like the one in Monster. That's how I got initially interested in the field! One reason why I studied Criminology. Now I am either aiming to get into IT, or Public Health once my time with Peace Corps in South Africa is over.

Haha, Dr Tenma sends his regards. :)

Yeah, im probably gonna sit down over the weekend and figure out what I want to do.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep you updated.

I know how you feel, my degree was in criminology. After 2 years of job searching in that field, I gave up. I now work on the railway, make a decent wage, and am a lot happier now than I was when I was focusing on using my degree.

Even though my degree didnt land me a job, it still helps me in life with critical thinking and analysis and helps me realise that mainstream media is 99% bullshit when it comes to criminal stuff.

Hopefully you'll end up doing something that you really enjoy, and put the skills that you learned with your degree to good use in that job and even in your normal life. Just remember, "If a job's worth doing, its worth doing well."

Good luck with your future job stuff, and even so PersonaGAF is here when you need us.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the advice. Hopefully I'll find something that I love. ;)

CorvoSol

But P1/P2 has waifus

Waifus everyone told me not to pick. I'm stuck with Proto-Yosuke, Mitsuru's Fiance's Dad, and Chibodee Crockett. I coulda been rolling in babes.

Which reminds me:

Persona 1

After like, three months or cycles of that moon thing of wandering the fuck around, we finally find the harem Queen. She's ugly as fuck, Mark tells her she's a shit, and she boots us out to the entrance of the dungeon. Reiji, being the XP whore that he is, immediately suggests we go right back into the dungeon and fight some more. First we spent all our cash on armor though.

Are there any weapon shops that sell stuff like swords and axes? Cuz I haven't found any.

cj_iwakura

If only he'd come back to Atlus and make awesome games there. :(

It's a pride thing. He wouldn't lower himself by asking, they wouldn't disrespect his wishes by pursuing.

Consider, that man was responsible for Persona 1 and 2. Nocturne. If. Soul Hackers. He's a genuine visionary.

He deserves better.

Top Bottom