• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Lunar15

We literally went from this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91103528&postcount=4389

To this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91108124&postcount=5309

And it featured the best PR response to a GAF thread ever: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91108623&postcount=5418

I'll always regret not being in the IRC though. I was on voice chat with a few friends though and my god... it was rough and amazing. The extraordinary hour we were up at though made it even more amazing

Sophia

I'll always regret not being in the IRC though. I was on voice chat with a few friends though and my god... it was rough and amazing. The extraordinary hour we were up at though made it even more amazing

IRC was utterly amazing that. Just complete unadulterated chaos and awesomeness.

PK Gaming

I'll never forget how insanely butthurt all the people who irrationally hate the 3DS got when they revealed PQ.

After all the debates that were had the week leading up to the event, there was literally nothing that could have been more perfect.

But that abrupt turn when the P5 trailer started... Man, I've never felt/seen/experienced anything like it. We all went from the darkest depths to the highest highs.
You're telling me...

Most of us had to wake up early to catch it (A recipe for disaster right there). I could deal with the early trolls and fakes outs, but when that first trailer started playing... that was it. I wanted to experience sweet release of death right there. The unpleasant stench of despair was almost too much to bear. At first, I thought they were going to show P5 after the Persona Q trailer, but I quickly lost hope... I completely gave in when Dancing All Night started playing (I could barely watch the trailer, it was too cringeworthy)

But then that final trailer played...

It was bright side of life that I had longed for.

Gazoinks

IRC was utterly amazing that. Just complete unadulterated chaos and awesomeness.

That was a beautiful, beautiful experience. Staying up till 4 am and stealing my sister's Halloween candy for this reveal only to be masterfully trolled. And the P4D trailer! Something we'd joked about for a long time and there it was right in front of our face.

arue

It was a glorious day. I stayed up until 4AM while crying and laughing at the same time when P4D showed up. I also thought the P5 trailer was for a horror movie.

And who can ever forget this lady:
W3lqFeh.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
MOVE LADY! THERE'S SOMETHING ON THE SCREEN BEHIND YOU! MOOOOOOVEEEEE!

And then I immediately assumed the P4Dance and 3DS games were jokes at first. Others.....well, they went a little crazier.

Also...."OPEN THE DAMN LETTER TEDDIE"

*sigh* atlus PR says still no news on ANY of the Persona titles coming to the EU yet, looks like I'll be importing them.

Dude says he's asking management weekly so at least he appears to be trying, just gotta stay strong and believe.

*sigh* atlus PR says still no news on ANY of the Persona titles coming to the EU yet, looks like I'll be importing them.

Dude says he's asking management weekly so at least he appears to be trying, just gotta stay strong and believe.

Remember:

"Let's Positive Thinking!" -Some girl in Persona 2

It was a glorious day. I stayed up until 4AM while crying and laughing at the same time when P4D showed up. I also thought the P5 trailer was for a horror movie.

And who can ever forget this lady:

Who could forget Teddie an his annoying JP Voice, oh man was that annoying to listen to for an hour. Rise's JP voice is kinda annoying, but at least you don't have to hear her screaming "kuma, kuma, kuma, kuma".

Also Teddie you fail at PR,
vpq869V.png

Soriku

I was baffled people thought they hyped up the Persona event for months just to announce Persona Q (and Dancing All Night). I knew P5 was coming from the start. I just hoped they would announce the platform(s) right away.

And they did. And all the pre-reveal speculation was pointless because they announced the game for PS3 anyway. Lol.

FluxWaveZ

I was baffled people thought they hyped up the Persona event for months just to announce Persona Q (and Dancing All Night). I knew P5 was coming from the start. I just hoped they would announce the platform(s) right away.

And they did. And all the pre-reveal speculation was pointless because they announced the game for PS3 anyway. Lol.

It was hilarious to see people fearful that what they were going to show would end up being an iOS or Pachinko slot game and having people constantly try to (futily and repetitively) explain that that was impossible, but I wasn't convinced that Persona 5 was going to be shown. In retrospect, it's all too obvious that it would be the prime candidate for a "one last thing" kinda deal, but I had pretty much lost it already when the P4D pamphlet images were being posted everywhere before the trailer happened. I was afraid P Studio had regressed into complacency and were no longer willing to progress past safe, fanservice games.

Zebetite

Banned
Since the SMT Community Thread doesn't seem particularly active and I don't have much to add beyond this next sentence, I'm telling you guys the following:

I just ordered Nocturne and DDS 1&2 and am pretty excited to go right off the deep end with the SMT franchise.

Dantis

According to this, Cozy Okada is the producer.

That's right.

The director is the vision that everyone else conforms to. The producer is basically the manager. They interact with the higher ups, sort out milestones and that kind of thing.

EDIT: Someone thinks that Yukari is pregnant in that picture I did the other day. I find this hilarious.

Kazzy

I am never going to forget that night. It was so awesome.

It was hands down the most fun I've had on the internet ever.
What a great morning that was, coming off a night shift, getting home just in time for it. The IRC had already lost its mind.

Never forget. I was there, on that faithful Sunday evening, cold and curious when the reveal occurred. Everyone else was getting that misdirection, whilst I was getting the trailers. I must admit, it was pretty funny being able to break the news of those reveals to the IRC.

Gbraga

We literally went from this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91103528&postcount=4389

To this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91108124&postcount=5309

And it featured the best PR response to a GAF thread ever: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91108623&postcount=5418

Hahahahahaha, it was so good. When the moment finally came I couldn't control my feet.

Dantis

I can see why. The area around her waist is awkward.

I can see it. It's made worse by the shadowing.

It's not getting changed now though!

EDIT: This was clearly a lie because I just spent the last five minutes changing it.

Is it any better now? I honestly don't even know!

Man the reveal stream, haha. For some reason I thought "Man, I know they wouldn't do a big multiscreen reveal for just some spinoff game or two" (or three, after seeing DAN lol) and kept going knowing we'd get a proper big game reveal to match, I couldn't help but jokingly overreact. Seeing everyone else doing it for real made me want in on the fun lol.

Between watching some people flip the hell out and just being there in IRC with the gang in general, it was a good morning for me.

That said, I don't think I've ever gotten that hype over a teaser trailer so vague before, lol

Gbraga

That said, I don't think I've ever gotten that hype over a teaser trailer so vague before, lol

It's gonna be REALLY hard to play this on blackout, that much I know.

Since a lot of avatars with the characters will pop up when they're revealed anyway, might as well watch at least the first trailer.

FluxWaveZ

Never forget. I was there, on that faithful Sunday evening, cold and curious when the reveal occurred. Everyone else was getting that misdirection, whilst I was getting the trailers. I must admit, it was pretty funny being able to break the news of those reveals to the IRC.

Thinking back on it, I would probably have preferred tuning into the stream compared to being out there in the streets, mainly because most people who tuned into the stream knew about Persona 5 before those who watched it on the huge screens. The way the stream was handled, combined with the various internet reactions and the leaks going all over the place, was pretty glorious. Heck, I think there was something like a 3-page Persona 4 Dancing thread on NeoGAF before the game was even announced on stream.

Kazzy

Thinking back on it, I would probably have preferred tuning into the stream compared to being out there in the streets, mainly because most people who tuned into the stream knew about Persona 5 before those who watched it on the huge screens. The way the stream was handled, combined with the various internet reactions and the leaks going all over the place, was pretty glorious. Heck, I think there was something like a 3-page Persona 4 Dancing thread on NeoGAF before the game was even announced on stream.

I don't know - trying to be a voice amongst the bumbling masses doesn't exactly like the greatest fun!

Top Bottom