• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

Well I got up to (major spoilers)
Nanako being thrown in the TV
when I first played P4 over a year ago. I've also done the story mode of P4A (which was lol).

I don't mind me some waifus but looking at what Atlus added in P4G just went a little bit too far. I can't bring myself to do it this time.

Aside from the new bath scene, what exactly pushes P4G over the edge?

FluxWaveZ

i6iog1MDmStDE.gif

Well, mostly it's the new stuff you can do with the girl you chose. It's pretty obviously just waifu pandering crap. Also that Naoto stuff. I just saw those awful new outfits and all I can ask is why?

also that gif is amazing

edit: I should probably add that I already dislike Naoto as a character and the sexualization stuff is just ugh

wmlk

Well, mostly it's the new stuff you can do with the girl you chose. It's pretty obviously just waifu pandering crap. Also that Naoto stuff. I just saw those awful new outfits and all I can ask is why?

also that gif is amazing

edit: I should probably add that I already dislike Naoto as a character and the sexualization stuff is just ugh

Wait, excusing the Naoto and other fanservice cutscene stuff, you call having events with the girls pandering? I mean, not everyone is the same, but a high school student like Yu probably has all those options available to him. I don't see where the pandering is.

EDIT: I do agree though with the whole ski lodge thing, but everything else seemed okay to me in terms of "new stuff you can do".

Wait, excusing the Naoto and other fanservice cutscene stuff, you call having events with the girls pandering? I mean, not everyone is the same, but a high school student like Yu probably has all those options available to him. I don't see where the pandering is.

EDIT: I do agree though with the whole ski lodge thing, but everything else seemed okay to me in terms of "new stuff you can do".

I suppose it's just the ski lodge thing (and all that other fanservice crap). I don't really like the choose your waifu thing anyway (yea I know I have a Yukari avatar) and any expansion on it just... I don't like it. That moment at S. link rank 10 where whatever girl says "I love you" honestly just creeps me out.

PK Gaming

also that gif is amazing

I don't think there's anything outright offensive with the ski-lodge trip (its mostly humor based, if anything. Especially if you hung out with the boys) and the Valentine day events are legitimately sweet (or heartbreaking, if you're a player). I know, both of these opinions are subjective. That's just where I stand on the matter.

As for the costumes, I won't deny that some of them are outright horrible, but the few horrible ones are counterbalanced by the immense amount of awesome costumes (including and not limited to: The drag costumes, the new winter outfits, the halloween, costumes, etc)

Though, I do agree with you on one thing. Romance/fanservice that involves Naoto is almost universally terrible.

Flux's gif is still amazing

I suppose it's just the ski lodge thing (and all that other fanservice crap). I don't really like the choose your waifu thing anyway (yea I know I have a Yukari avatar) and any expansion on it just... I don't like it. That moment at S. link rank 10 where whatever girl says "I love you" honestly just creeps me out.

You don't have to romance any of them in Persona 4 and still max their social links.

CorvoSol

I still agree that most of those scenes in that gif are toxic and should not have been in P4G, but they are, so oh well

Honestly the only scene I did not like in the entire game was bathtime with Marie. One hotsprings trip I can handle, especially when it is used to cleverly set up a moment that will gut the player later on.

But Marie's hot-spring lightning bolt action pushed that line a wee bit, I thought.

Rest of it was gold.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly the only scene I did not like in the entire game was bathtime with Marie. One hotsprings trip I can handle, especially when it is used to cleverly set up a moment that will gut the player later on.

The thing is that the original Persona 4 had the same hot spring scene, but without the extra fanservice anime cutscene that Persona 4 Golden added.

CorvoSol

The thing is that the original Persona 4 had the same hot spring scene, but without the extra fanservice anime cutscene that Persona 4 Golden added.

I'm sorta ambivalent about those scenes because the characters are all kinda off model and because anime cut-scenes stopped being a big deal to me after Mega Man X4.

But I did like the others. Like the moped scene, the snowboarding and the band one. Band one gets a lot of flak, but Laura Bailey singing is where it's at.

Jinto

Played a little bit of challenge mode in Arena using Yu to prepare for the story mode. Yep, I still suck at fighting games. At least I sorta know what I'm doing now. I think, if it gets too frustrating, I'm just gonna try and button mash my way through the story.

FluxWaveZ

Played a little bit of challenge mode in Arena using Yu to prepare for the story mode. Yep, I still suck at fighting games. At least I sorta know what I'm doing now. I think, if it gets too frustrating, I'm just gonna try and button mash my way through the story.

If it's just for story mode, you really just need to do Lesson Mode and you're set. Mashing A for the auto-combo is probably all you need to beat the CPU in story mode anyways. Also, actual fighting is only, like, 10% of the story mode while the rest is reading. If it's problematic, you could just lower the difficulty.

Trigger

This is how I played most of Arena. Fighting games are a true struggle for me.

Style

Banned

This is how I played most of Arena. Fighting games are a true struggle for me.

If you guys are completely lost, try to watch the Persona 4 Arena tutorial videos made by Atlus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx8VKwYUbFQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDGSksZdTw0

They are even narrated by Teddie and Mitsuru!

Sophia

If it's just for story mode, you really just need to do Lesson Mode and you're set. Mashing A for the auto-combo is probably all you need to beat the CPU in story mode anyways. Also, actual fighting is only, like, 10% of the story mode while the rest is reading. If it's problematic, you could just lower the difficulty.

Anyone can button mash their way through the story on a setting lower than normal. The AI literally sits there sometimes.

Top Bottom