• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

THAT FUCKING THING

Had to go back and get the proper skills to beat it.

Then the final boss was nothing compared to it. lol

tumblr_m3721l8rMY1r9zabzo1_400.gif

Dantis

Now seems like a good time to remind everyone how ugly P3P's characters were:

WltAd8l.jpg

THAT FUCKING THING

Had to go back and get the proper skills to beat it.

Then the final boss was nothing compared to it. lol

I had to restructure my entire party. I think it took me something like five hours? Completely insane.

Then it turned out that my disc was scratched and the only affected data was the ending cutscene. HILARIOUS.

I had no problems with Kumbhanda at all, personally.

The characters in PQ are much higher polygon than the turds that were in P3P, so I guess that's why the Personas are 2D.

On the other hand, it's no way near reaching the level of Persona 3 or 4 proper, which is terrible and hilarious.

Only in terms of optimisation. The meshes and textures and animations already exist.

It's not like it's technically unfeasible for it to happen :lol. 3DS is certainly capable of it(despite the specs being dog shit).

Meia

Well,
we already know they have two distinct personalities. The question is whether they inhabit the same body or not (unless you're guessing that they do inhabit the same body, in which case why would Sho's win quote vs. SHO sound the way it does?).

Wasn't
the Plume of Desk said to be the thing that helped the maidens keep their personality in the first place? If so, what would happen if you basically put one into a human body? Which win quote are you referring to though?

Caladrius

Now seems like a good time to remind everyone how ugly P3P's characters were:

WltAd8l.jpg

They must really have had issues with RAM. Which is weird considering how far games like KH: Birth By Sleep managed to push the system. (Though many of those had quite the loading times without Data install.)

Then it turned out that my disc was scratched and the only affected data was the ending cutscene. HILARIOUS.

Speaking of BBS I had that happen after that game's optional Superboss.

Dantis

At least character animations are varied and interesting in PQ as compared to P3/4.

The quality of them seems really low to me, though. The actual presentation of the battles looks really bad, in my opinion.

They must really have had issues with RAM. Which is weird considering how far games like KH: Birth By Sleep managed to push the system. (Though many of those had quite the loading times without Data install.)

Speaking of BBS I had that happen after the optional Superboss.

It all comes down to what the teams are capable of. The BBS team will have been larger, higher paid, and better on technical level than Atlus' team.

FluxWaveZ

Wasn't
the Plume of Desk said to be the thing that helped the maidens keep their personality in the first place? If so, what would happen if you basically put one into a human body? Which win quote are you referring to though?

What's a maiden?

And the win quote I'm referring to is the one I mentioned: Sho vs. SHO (there's only one):
Sho vs. SHO:
"
Don't just come out on your own accord! I've still got more fun to have here!
"

Acid08

Banned
P3P had to be mostly a budget thing. I'm sure it was cheaper to make drawn backgrounds than to remodel everything for the PSP hardware.

Lunar15

The quality of them seems really low to me, though. The actual presentation of the battles looks really bad, in my opinion.

Low or not, still better than P4/3's. :p

It's a budget title, to be sure. The 3DS isn't a graphical powerhouse by any means, but it can do some neat stuff when it wants to.

This is Atlus being cheap-ass Atlus here. Are we really having a discussion of graphics in a persona thread? We're like, the last people to care about this.

Caladrius

It all comes down to what the teams are capable of. The BBS team will have been larger, higher paid, and better on technical level than Atlus' team.

Very true.

Reminds me of the time I got up to the final boss in Thousand Year Door and then my save corrupted. ;_;

I would have completely lost my shit.(Okay I didn't like TTYD that much the first time but that would still blow.)

The Mechanical Maidens, I.E. Aigis/Labrys?

Even the game admits that they're robo-waifus

I have always wondered why P3/P4 didn't go for a Nocturne/DDS esque art style, budget issue maybe?

I think so. They went with the chibi-esque style because they didn't think they'd have the time/money to pull off a more full-featured look.

Assuming Atlus aren't pants on head retarded, I think P5's engine will be "futureproof" or I think the engine/assets will be scalable and ready for PS4, WiiU, 4DS and Vita. I think because of this, P5 will a look a lot better than people are expecting.

Acid08

Banned
Assuming Atlus aren't pants on head retarded, I think P5's engine will be "futureproof" or I think the engine/assets will be scalable and ready for PS4, WiiU, 4DS and Vita. I think because of this, P5 will a look a lot better than people are expecting.

Are people not expecting much? Catherine looks great and I expect P5 to look even better than that.

I have always wondered why P3/P4 didn't go for a Nocturne/DDS esque art style, budget issue maybe?
I think the P3/P4 team they used a completely different engine compared to the SMT games on the PS2. With some elements of the nocturne engine to some degree with the persona's 3d models.

Very true.

I would have completely lost my shit.(Okay I didn't like TTYD that much the first time but that would still blow.)

Even the game admits that they're robo-waifus

I think so. They went with the chibi-esque style because they didn't think they'd have the time/money to pull off a more full-featured look.

Why didn't they do it for P4 then? I'd be surprised if DDS had a higher budget than persona 4.

Caladrius

Why didn't they do it for P4 then? I'd be surprised if DDS had a higher budget than persona 4.

Keep in mind that P4 came out very late in the PS2's life span. It was best if they could squeeze out every dollar they could while the PS2 install base was still around.(I think the PS3 already had a price cut or two by then.)

Lunar15

I assumed that at the time Atlus considered SMT to be the "mainline" series and DDS was the attempt to get fans of other JRPG's into the fold. P3 was more of a low budget experiment that they weren't expecting would be the big hit. P4 was turned around relatively quickly to strike while that Persona iron was hot.

This dungeon talk is silly.

P5 is clearly going to have a linear structure with one long corridor that you travel down the entire game. Also it's an action battle system with only one player and no party members. There's no demons, just a bunch of high school girls you can date along the way.

Gal Gun: The RPGening!

This one? I can't remember where it first plays, but I'm pretty sure it's before Matador. Nocturne and DDS both have great battle music.

THIS IS THE BOSS THIS IS THE BOSS.

Matador had Fiend

It's also a Tsuchiya track, I think, or Tasaki. I'll have to look that up.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Just learned that P5 will use a new engine and not Catherine's. I assumed it would be the latter.

Also this:
"Furthermore, Persona 5 will use life-sized character models in a change from previous Persona games to increase the sense of reality that the player is supposed to perceive."

Top Bottom