• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Good to hear it, good luck on the interview dude :D
Also, how long do you learn Japanese to reach level of proficiency that is translating interviews? That isn't an easy job for sure.

I studied Japanese for four years in university, with one of those years being in Japan. And then for the past two years I've been studying just on my own. I did a lot of self-studying when I was still in school, too, but that was mainly to push myself into really understanding the language beyond what the textbooks and tests required. Nowadays I mostly self-study just to learn the last little bits I don't already know, so it's a lot more casual by comparison.

Everybody kind of goes at their own speed, though. I don't think my Japanese has significantly improved the last couple of years. It's just mostly been refined. I was already pretty comfortable with it after three years of pretty intensive studying, although obviously I'm glad I'm still continuing it today. I've heard stories of learning it really quickly by just studying constantly 8+ hours a day everyday, but I like to stay sane, so I took it a little slower, ahaha. If you're studying it at a university level, you can be very well off after three or four years as long as you're good about studying constantly and more than just what you're required. I know other people my age that already over there working translator positions and whatnot, so you can accomplish quite a lot just a handful of years after starting. If you ever want advice on specific aspects of how to study it, don't be afraid to PM me. :)

Omikaru

With how much they're milking Persona 4, I wonder how long 5 will stick around

If people love P5 as much as they loved P4, it will be milked to eternity and back.

I hope it's good, but I know by time P5's credits are rolling, I will be thirsty for P6 so I hope any such milking doesn't adversely affect when we get that.

Good god. I am now posting about Persona 6...

If people love P5 as much as they loved P4, it will be milked to eternity and back.

I hope it's good, but I know by time P5's credits are rolling, I will be thirsty for P6 so I hope any such milking doesn't adversely affect when we get that.

PersonaGAF, ladies and gentlemen.

magnetic

Hi, I´m new to the club!

It´s weird how much I´m starting to care for these characters. I also like the whole setup a lot more than Persona 3 - living with Nanako and her detective father in a rural town feels a lot more charming than that rather dull school in P3, and the TV world is also more interesting than boring old Tartarus.

And man, Chie is so cool. I love her facial expressions, and the little dancing, hopping animation during battles.

While I still think random dungeons are a bit dull, at least they change themes and songs during the game.

The only thing that annoys me a bit is how grating Teddy is. "HHHHUUUU, it´s getting back on it´s feet again!!!" Thanks, Teddy, what would I do without you.

And the game looks so sexy on OLED. Some of the neon colors in the interface elements... so good.

Every day is great at your Junes!

Dantis

Rise

For

Ev

Er

Sure thing, Smed.

Hi, I´m new to the club!

It´s weird how much I´m starting to care for these characters. I also like the whole setup a lot more than Persona 3 - living with Nanako and her detective father in a rural town feels a lot more charming than that rather dull school in P3, and the TV world is also more interesting than boring old Tartarus.

And man, Chie is so cool. I love her facial expressions, and the little dancing, hopping animation during battles.

While I still think random dungeons are a bit dull, at least they change themes and songs during the game.

The only thing that annoys me a bit is how grating Teddy is. "HHHHUUUU, it´s getting back on it´s feet again!!!" Thanks, Teddy, what would I do without you.

And the game looks so sexy on OLED. Some of the neon colors in the interface elements... so good.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. It's a wonderful game.

Welcome to the thread!

Shengar

e258e7def7587f48e74388e713098778.png
My heart just can't take this
reality ;___;

Next tuesday... In famitsu...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hi, I´m new to the club!

Glad you're enjoying it and yes, Chie is awesome.

Caladrius

Hi, I´m new to the club!

Welcome to our den of....something.

The announcers are 100 times worse in Japanese.
Teddie does get a bit better as the game goes on, if nothing else. Good to see you're enjoying it.

Hi, I´m new to the club!

Yeah props to each dungeon having different music, but man... there be quite a bit of hallways in the dungeons.

That aside, welcome to our cesspool of madness!

Dantis

Welcome to our den of....something.

The announcers are 100 times worse in Japanese.
Teddie does get a bit better as the game goes on, if nothing else. Good to see you're enjoying it.

Japanese Teddie is amazing, you're all crazy for thinking otherwise.

Caladrius

Japanese Teddie is amazing, you're all crazy for thinking otherwise.

Yes yes yes, he's supposed to sound like Doraemon,and it works.

That does not mean it doesn't make me want to puncture my eardrums with a paintbrush.

I still stand by that announcer stuff could be rarer and more conversational.

I actually think they should ditch the scanner character and just make the party members do all the talking. It's bugged me that there's a party member you can't actually fight with.

That pissed me of so badly in Tales of Xillia. I wanted to kick ass with Driselle!

Sometimes I feel like this topic should just be Megaten Community but I know some of you guys wouldn't be down with that. I think we need a Megaten Community though...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm in the same boat; which is weird since Amazon almost never takes this long.

Have you been following the OT? Amazon shipping has been a debacle for the CE. Lots of damaged packages being reported.

Kinda glad I missed out on ordering from Amazon, Best Buy delivered mine in perfect condition.

Which pretty much proves my point.

I think there's an interest in SMT and MegaTen in here, but it's much less significant that Persona.

The power of waifus.

Which pretty much proves my point.

I think there's an interest in SMT and MegaTen in here, but it's much less significant that Persona.

No Dantis, its just poorly set up. Every single individual Megaten game topic gets far more posts than the community topic.

Why would it be silly anyway. Why would Persona get its own topic and not SMT, Devil Summoner or Devil Survivor, or Majin Tensei!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Have you been following the OT? Amazon shipping has been a debacle for the CE. Lots of damaged packages being reported.

Kinda glad I missed out on ordering from Amazon, Best Buy delivered mine in perfect condition.

Amazon has been shit lately for shipping when to comes to CEs.

All I ever hear is people saying their boxes were damaged in some way and these are Prime members.

Dantis

No Dantis, its just poorly set up. Every single individual Megaten game topic gets far more posts than the community topic.

Even so.

I mean, if everyone said "We should make this the MegaTen Community Thread", I wouldn't be upset. If there was a majority vote, sure, but it feels like we'd be doing it for the sake of it. MegaTen is very rarely discussed in here.

Not to mention it would be probably somewhat disingenuous, as Persona would still absolutely be the primary topic.

Why would it be silly anyway. Why would Persona get its own topic and not SMT, Devil Summoner or Devil Survivor, or Majin Tensei!

That is not what you said. You said change this topic.

Making a new community makes complete sense, but you didn't say that.

I have no issue discussing SMT here. It wouldn't make a lot of sense, but since no one posts on the SMT OT, the next logical place to discuss it would be here.

Speaking of SMT, I am about to start Digital Devil Saga. If anyone has some starter tips feel free to let me know.

Even so.

I mean, if everyone said "We should make this the MegaTen Community Thread", I wouldn't be upset. If there was a majority vote, sure, but it feels like we'd be doing it for the sake of it. MegaTen is very rarely discussed in here.

Not to mention it would be probably somewhat disingenuous, as Persona would still absolutely be the primary topic.

That is not what you said. You said change this topic.

Making a new community makes complete sense, but you didn't say that.

I was speaking off the cuff sort of. I do think the Megaten Community topic needs a reboot, I think people don't even know it exists. Really I am just sort of thinking this when things with much greater scale, like Vita and PS3/4's topics being merged into just the PSN topic.

Shengar

I have no issue discussing SMT here. It wouldn't make a lot of sense, but since no one posts on the SMT OT, the next logical place to discuss it would be here.

Speaking of SMT, I am about to start Digital Devil Saga. If anyone has some starter tips feel free to let me know.

There are no problem at all discussing SMT related thing here. Especially when we talking about Atlus god tier taste in their SMT spirited game

I was speaking off the cuff sort of, I do think the Megaten Community topic needs a reboot, I think people dont even know it exists. Really I am just sort of thinking this when things with much greater scale, like Vita and PS3/4's topics being merged into just the PSN topic.

I just know that MegaTen community is exist right now

Shengar

Devil Summoner Soul Hackers- 61 pages

SMTIV- 262 pages

Megaten Community Thread- 15 pages lol

It is pretty bizarre imo. I think our community is so strong simply because we are all bros and we use this place to just chill and talk yo.

Persona community is much more relaxed due to how broad of topic we can talk about it because it have characters as its central. While MegaTen mostly don't have luxury as it is very gameplay centric. It hard to keep a community when there are no subject.

Persona community is much more relaxed due to how broad of topic we can talk about it because it have characters as its central. While MegaTen mostly don't have luxury as it is very gameplay centric. It hard to keep a community when there are no subject.

Halo is up to |OT19|. So I don't think lack of topics is the issue. It's probably just that SMT isn't that popular.

EMT0

Banned

I ordered the standard game, so I'd be surprised if there was damage. Although if it was pretty superficial, I'd rather just complain to Amazon and get some form of compensation from them.

Shengar

Halo is up to |OT19|. So I don't think lack of topics is the issue. It's probably just that SMT isn't that popular.
Halo have multiplayer, story, and novelty to talk about. It also extremely popular. While SMT story worth of discussion, it doesn't have the number of audience to keep such topic alive.

I don't agree with this, I would say that there is easily more subjects to talk about in MegaTen than Persona alone.

It's mostly the lack of interest, plus Persona having Golden and the recent announcements keeping things fresh here.

No SMTIV in Europe doesn't help >:T [/img]

Shengar

I don't agree with this, I would say that there is easily more subjects to talk about in MegaTen than Persona alone.

It's mostly the lack of interest, plus Persona having Golden and the recent announcements keeping things fresh here.

No SMTIV in Europe doesn't help >:T [/img]
I think that add to the factor too. We have almost like....how many Persona games are there in the past ten years? In comparison, how many Megaten game we have in the same time frame?

I think that add to the factor too. We have almost like....how many Persona games are there in the past ten years? In comparison, how many Megaten game we have in the same time frame?

5 Persona games, a fighting game spinoff, rereleases and two anime
5 SMT games, 1 that is considered a side story, and rereleases
4 Devil Summoner games, releases, and a tv drama
2 Devil Survivor games, 2 Rereleases and an anime
2 Digital Devil Saga games

Those are ALL Megaten games btw, I don't know why people like to separate Persona, when it is also Megaten.

Shengar

5 Persona games, a fighting game spinoff, rereleases and two anime
5 SMT games, 1 that is considered a side story, and rereleases
4 Devil Summoner games, releases, and a tv drama
2 Devil Survivor games, 2 Rereleases and an anime
2 Digital Devil Saga games

Aw, then I don't know what the problem is beside audience size :(

Top Bottom