• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Guys, how does P3P look and perform on Vita?

I just got the new Vita and am loving replaying P4 on it, and since I never played psp version of 3 (beat it on PS2) I kinda want to get that next.

Swedesu

I just got the new Vita and am loving replaying P4 on it, and since I never played psp version of 3 (beat it on PS2) I kinda want to get that next.

Looks fine I guess, for a PSP game. The 3D overworld is gone though and is replaced by a more visual novel like experience.

The female path makes it all worth it and is arguably better than the male path since it gives everyone in SEES an S.Link among other things.

It also has one of the best S.Links, namely Saori.

Happy Mothers day PGAF!

P4-NorikoKashiwagi.jpg

hohohohoho

but

11498-29447813.jpg

Acid08

Banned

It looks okay though some of the 3D models are roooooooough.

I'm sure you guys know theres a Persona magazine now and iirc the first issue is June 12th or something close to E3. Is it possible to get P5 info at E3?

Dantis

If that's the case, how long did they say P3/P4 were, 200 hours, lol?

They said P4G was over 100 hours, I think.

They also said Arena's story was 30 - 40 hours, that DDS1 was over 30 hours and that DDS2 was over 40 hours.

I don't think of myself as an overly speedy player, and my times have always been way off these. I think they generally aim for the high end of the spectrum and that's what they write on the box.

CorvoSol

I spent like, 70-80 hours on P4. God only knows how long I spent on P3, but I was playing both sides of that game at the same time. P4A I would've finished faster if I had caught on sooner that large sections of the game's story didn't need to be read at all.

Acid08

Banned
Persona 4 took me 91 hours or so. Persona 3 (The Journey only) took me over 100, while the Answer took like 30.
4 was about 80
4G was like 70-75
OG 3 was 100,
Both parts of FES ended up being about 120
3P was like 65

I always do extra time in dungeons which probably pushes up the totals :p

Sophia

I can't check my Vita at the moment, but I know my playtime was around 50-60 hours for P4G, and I knew what I was doing. Pretty sure my original P3 playtime was over 70.

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs in P4A Twilt. I didn't feel comfortable picking any other characters against you since I didn't think I could win with them, haha.
Persona 4 took me 91 hours or so. Persona 3 (The Journey only) took me over 100, while the Answer took like 30.

That's probably what my hours were on my first playthrough. P4 took me 70 hours though.

2nd time my playthroughs were obviously a lot faster though, regardless if I NG+ed it or not.
I like taking my time and exploring. And who knows how many times I've left my PS2 on listening to the songs.

Dantis

I can't check my Vita at the moment, but I know my playtime was around 50-60 hours for P4G, and I knew what I was doing. Pretty sure my original P3 playtime was over 70.

Yeah, these are similar to mine. P3 was 78, P4 was 64, P3P was 50-something, P4G was 52.

And it's not like I rushed. I was pretty high level and whatnot.

TWILT

Banned
GGs Rhapsody in P4A. Gods, I kept falling for the same stuff over and over. >_< Fun Narukami mirrors though.

And the only other character I can play kinda decently is Yukiko and I don't like using her against Narukami at all, so lol

Sophia

Yeah, these are similar to mine. P3 was 78, P4 was 64, P3P was 50-something, P4G was 52.

My playtimes aren't usually an accurate representation tho, because I've got considerable experience. Nowadays I can rush through Persona 3 in about 40-50 hours, for example. Even when I was still a noob, 70 hours for vanilla P3 was pretty fast all things considered.

Squire

Banned

My clear time is also 60 on P4G.

I think you have to account for whether or not someone knows what they're doing, too, but even without that, Atlus seems to make some of the longer games in the industry and the genre. Most recent comparison I can make is FFX HD. That took me ~45 hours and the last 3-5 of that was side quests to get the items necessary to cheese the final string of boss fights.

Marche90

I'm still not sure how much time I'll take with my current playthrough, but for reference, I've just arrived at
Naoto's
dungeon and my time count is 29-30 hours.

Original playthrough was over 60 hours. I don't remember how much time I spend in P3, since the only number I remember from all incarnations of P3 was how much time I had invested in P3P before selling my PSP (for the curious, it was 115 hours)

Caladrius

I think I finished OG P4 in about 90 hours, Persona 3 portable in 70, and P4G in 80-ish.

I beat P4 in 50 and P3 in 66. And I don't rush either.

Also in Nocturne I have totally gotten Matador'd. Grinding time!

Strategy generally beats out grinding.

Unless you need to grind for the right skills of course.

If you don't beat Persona games in under three hours you don't get to see the main character in his bikini.

Why did no one tell me this.

Dantis

My clear time is also 60 on P4G.

I think you have to account for whether or not someone knows what they're doing, too, but even without that, Atlus seems to make some of the longer games in the industry and the genre. Most recent comparison I can make is FFX HD. That took me ~45 hours and the last 3-5 of that was side quests to get the items necessary to cheese the final string of boss fights.

For sure. Even Catherine took me about 12 hours to get through on my first playthrough. I have no doubt that Persona Q will be a good length too. To be honest, the estimates Atlus put out are kind of arbitrary.

Squire

Banned
P2 has the best villain in the series.

Does Joker and Nyarly(in EP) count?

They do in terms of the whole franchise. I'm talking about what the P3/4 writers have done.

Like I said nothing

You're heartless. ;_;

For sure. Even Catherine took me about 12 hours to get through on my first playthrough. I have no doubt that Persona Q will be a good length too. To be honest, the estimates Atlus put out are kind of arbitrary.

Aren't EO games super long?

Sophia

A lot of the estimates are based on the player doing every single crummy little fetch quest that's available.

Yeah. They seem like they work under the assumption that a player will do most, if not all, of the optional stuff. Which is rarely the case on a first playthrough.

Aren't EO games super long?

They're comparable in length to Persona 3 and Persona 4. So around 40-70 hours for the main game. But you can easily hit past 100 hours if you're doing all the post game content

Soriku

My times were similar. I had 80 on P3 FES (not counting the Answer which took me 22 hours) and like 66 on P4.

Also grinding for Matador helps if you're not at lvl 18 to create an Uzume for Media. Not much help for about the rest of the game though. You get into enough encounters as is with that encounter rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom