• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was thinking:

PQ releases in June.
Ultimax releases in August.

So it would make sense for P4D to release in October, and P5 to release in December.

Thats what I expect. Then P5 2015 Feb just in time for my birthday lol

Definitely a hero.

That would make the most sense. It would give each game a chance to breathe. Q and Ultimax being the exception.

I gotta hand it to him. He did make me laugh..........ONCE

Wouldn't it be cool to show off P5 at Sony's E3 conference ?

The game deserves to be shown among the giants at E3.

That is what I would love as well (mainly because it means we get info sooner). Sony showed WKC at E3 iirc and P5 is a lot bigger although maybe it was because WKC was Sony published.

Tetranet

Atlus will probably want to let the spinoffs absorb as much as attention as possible during the wait for Persona 5. Considering their number they won't be in a hurry to release P5.

HeelPower

That is what I would love as well (mainly because it means we get info sooner). Sony showed WKC at E3 iirc and P5 is a lot bigger although maybe it was because WKC was Sony published.

They should show it at E3, especially since MS and "Nintendo" are going to bring their A game.

absolutely agree. A nice trailer shown at the conference would be just great. It doesn't even have to be too extensive but just something to attract attention of the viewers.

The game will definitely stand out at the show.

PS4 port plz

absolutely agree. A nice trailer shown at the conference would be just great. It doesn't even have to be too extensive but just something to attract attention of the viewers.

PS4 port plz

I think they should
port as
many titles as possible.
The ps4 has got the worse line up of games thus far.

PS4 port plz

P5 special edition PS4 would do thing to me....for one I would buy a PS4.

HeelPower

I think they should
port as
many titles as possible.
The ps4 has got the worse line up of games thus far.

P5 special edition PS4 would do thing to me....for one I would buy a PS4.

P5 is one of the biggest games coming from Japan.I really really hope they push the shit out of the game.

This one's definitely coming before FFXV and its one of those games with a ton of work put behind it.

I really hope Sony sees the potential that's there with this game.It could blow up.

Dantis

marketing money constraints right ? but what if sony gets generous ?

I mean this is a PS exclusive at the end of the day.

I don't think Persona 5 is big enough for E3 this year.

"Here's Halo 5, here's Uncharted 4, here's Zelda U... here's Persona 5?"

I don't think Persona 5 is big enough for E3 this year.

"Here's Halo 5, here's Uncharted 4, here's Zelda U... here's Persona 5?"

Not every game has to be a blockbuster ( Sony has revealed stuff like WKC at E3) , though I think a lot of third parties would want to be at Sony's stage often with far bigger franchises.

Unfortunately, Dantis is right. While we all love the Persona series to bits, its not as big as you might think. Im sure Sony will mainly show off their 1st party titles at E3. Other companies will show off BIG third party titles like Destiny etc

Then again, you never know :p

Sophia

Given how much bigger the franchise is in Japan, I think it's more likely we'll see something in Famitsu or Dengeki the week of E3.

Then again, it is entirely possible Persona 5 or Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will appear as part of a montage of games at Sony's E3 conference.

HeelPower

Persona isn't big when talking about marketing budget ofcourse but I think you'd all agree that the game has enough quality and effort put into it as any of these AAA games.(if not more so)

I really hope Sony realizes this and gives the game the attention it needs.I mean they have shown indie games last year , and, asPsycho Mantis said, WKC.

I always found those trip scenes in P4 like kids being kids mixed with anime tropes. I never hated them or anything.

His social link actually had a lot of potential. I really like the idea of having a social link where you just hang out and shoot the shit. (like with Yosuke, but minus the murder stuff). The best parts of his social link are when you're just talking about mundane stuff that are tangentially related to his problems. Unfortunately, the source of his conflict is just bad. Super bad. They simply don't capitalize on the concept of "average guy friend" at all. Instead, his link ends up involving shenanigans involving a teacher...? I can't relate to a guy who wants to ask out his teacher. It's too jarringly out of touch with reality.

I think his social link would have been a lot better if he wanted to ask out a fellow classmate (like Yukari or Ryo). Because then, the player could actually feel some sympathy for Kenji after he gets rejected. Because then, it would justify why his social link would reverse if you told him he didn't have a shot with the girl he liked. Getting rejected by a cute girl you've been crushing is a very real thing that happens, and it hurts like hell. It would justify everything.

But they didn't capitalize on any of that, and as a result, his social link devolved into some stupid hentai manga shit.

rRArPAL.png

Inb4 it was one of the first social link, so that's why it sucked

Fixed.
But yeah you are right about the rest.

Dantis

Persona isn't big when talking about marketing budget ofcourse but I think you'd all agree that the game has enough quality and effort put into it as any of these AAA games.(if not more so)

I really hope Sony realizes this and gives the game the attention it needs.I mean they have shown indie games last year , and, asPsycho Mantis said, WKC.

If we delude ourselves, maybe. I like Persona more than just about any AAA game I can think of, but it's clearly made with by a much smaller team with a much smaller budget.

kewlmyc

If we delude ourselves, maybe. I like Persona more than just about any AAA game I can think of, but it's clearly made with by a much smaller team with a much smaller budget.

Is s/he talking about mere manpower or the actual quality of the product? If it's the former, then obviously not, but if it's the latter, then they have a good point.

HeelPower

Is s/he talking about mere manpower or the actual quality of the product? If it's the former, then obviously not, but if it's the latter, then they have a good point.

definitely not the manpower/marketing etc

The depth and quality of the experience.

Its similar to how dark souls was better than Elder scrolls or bioware games this gen.\

It feels like a carefully designed experience.

Yu Narukami

After 65 hours I finally beat P4 and that makes me so sad. I started watching the Anime but something feels different. I don't know what to play now. I could give P3 another chance, but P4's battle and dungeon systems are so much better. P5 can't come soon enough.
By the way, I'm not critizising just asking, but did Atlus have problems developing in HD? Because the PS2 had like 7 games and now for the PS3 there are way fewer games.

Jintor

How long is this gen? Most of the recent Bioware games have blown chunks tbh. DA2 and ME3, huge disappointments. Didn't touch SWO.

Dantis

definitely not the manpower/marketing etc

The depth and quality of the experience.

Its similar to how dark souls was better than Elder scrolls or bioware games this gen.\

It feels like a carefully designed experience.

I agree to a point, but it's incredibly subjective.

Sony is going to show games that it thinks people will want to see. I think some people would love to see Persona 5, and a lot more people would not care.

How long is this gen? Most of the recent Bioware games have blown chunks tbh. DA2 and ME3, huge disappointments. Didn't touch SWO.

Jade Empire to Mass Effect 3, if we're not including PC (Star wars... *shudders*)

They all had their pros and cons, but in my opinion Mass Effect (including 3) was much better than Dark Souls, and I love that game to bits. DA2? Maybe not so. but DA1 certainly was.

Jintor

Jade Empire to Mass Effect 3, if we're not including PC (Star wars... *shudders*)

They all had their pros and cons, but in my opinion Mass Effect (including 3) was much better than Dark Souls, and I love that game to bits. DA2? Maybe not so. but DA1 certainly was.

Maybe ME as a trilogy, but on a game to game basis, not even ME2 approaches DS imo.

DA1 is a lot better in my memory than actually playing it, if Awakening is any judge; I tried to boot it up recently and had to quit after about an hour. I don't know if I can play that style of game anymore.

What I want is a choice/dialogue RPG with XCOM style combat. Like Shadowrun but with more money

Lunar15

Persona 5 is a big game, just not in the west.

E3 is not the place where they reveal how P5 looks for the first time. That would be missing their target. They revealed the logo for P5 at an event that spanned multiple train stations in Japan and broadcast it live on Nico Nico. That's where their target audience is.

Nimby

Banned
After 65 hours I finally beat P4 and that makes me so sad. I started watching the Anime but something feels different. I don't know what to play now. I could give P3 another chance, but P4's battle and dungeon systems are so much better. P5 can't come soon enough.
By the way, I'm not critizising just asking, but did Atlus have problems developing in HD? Because the PS2 had like 7 games and now for the PS3 there are way fewer games.

It's almost over for me and I wish it wasn't :(

If your looking for a new game, I'm gonna start Nocturne after this, if you haven't played. Persona 3 is good, a lot of people seem to have trouble going back though, but I loved it as much as Persona 4. I like the atmosphere and character designs better, and they're a few quirks about P3 that were absent in P4 that I miss, like the ability to split up in dungeons. But the lack of party social links is one thing I really dislike about P3, and others dislike the lack if direct commands. It's up to you though, it's a great game if you can get past those factors.

Lunar15

Speaking of E3, Atlus USA usually puts their advertisements in the name cards they give out to attendees. They did Catherine one year, and P4A/P4G another year, and last year was Dragon's Crown. The P4A one was pretty great because it had that hilarious pic of a muscular teddie jumping out of it. The Catherine one was great too because I think it asked you a question from the game.

I'm guessing they'll do a PQ/P4U one this year.

Speaking of E3, Atlus USA usually puts their advertisements in the name cards they give out to attendees. They did Catherine one year, and P4A/P4G another year, and last year was Dragon's Crown. The P4A one was pretty great because it had that hilarious pic of a muscular teddie jumping out of it. The Catherine one was great too because I think it asked you a question from the game.

I'm guessing they'll do a PQ/P4U one this year.

I got a pretty good t-shirt from the e3 they announced P4A.

Persona 5 is a big game, just not in the west.

E3 is not the place where they reveal how P5 looks for the first time. That would be missing their target. They revealed the logo for P5 at an event that spanned multiple train stations in Japan and broadcast it live on Nico Nico. That's where their target audience is.

Persona sells on par if not more in the West though, at least from what P4G has shown. Persona as a series can grow much more in the West than in JP.

Nimby

Banned
Doesn't matter if P5 is at E3 or not for me, I plan to blackout all info until release. But chances are I'll probably cave way before then.

Dantis

Persona sells on par if not more in the West though, at least from what P4G has shown. Persona as a series can grow much more in the West than in JP.

Persona sells as well in the west as it does in Japan.

Persona sells as well in the west (i.e. the entirety of the US, Europe and Australia) as it does in Japan (a single country).

Just think about what a crazy statement that is for a second. I mean, you're right, but it also means nothing.

Tamanon

Banned
Atlus USA will probably have P4A2 English footage and MAYBE some PQ English stuff to show at E3, but Persona 5 I can't see them being even allowed to hint at it without Atlus Japan's media allies getting first crack at it.

kewlmyc

Doesn't matter if P5 is at E3 or not for me, I plan to blackout all info until release. But chances are I'll probably cave way before then.

So you plan to blackout until the end of this year, then the delay between the Japanese and English release which could be huge depending on how big P5 will be? You poor soul.

kewlmyc

Atlus USA will probably have P4A2 English footage and MAYBE some PQ English stuff to show at E3, but Persona 5 I can't see them being even allowed to hint at it without Atlus Japan's media allies getting first crack at it.

Very true. But didn't the stream a while back for the P4G anime say that P5 news would be coming very soon? I HIGHLY doubt that P5 will be at E3 at all, but it is possible that they might to a reveal in like a week or so, then have the same reveal in English for E3. Once again, I HIGHLY doubt it, but it isn't impossible.

PK Gaming

Do you get less points if you laugh at Kenji? I was tempted to, playing this link but decided not to...because I wanted Surt ASAP

Yeah. In fact, you run the risk of "reversing" his social link if you make him angry (which means you'll be forced to "make up" with him if you want to continue the social llink). When I hung out with him on Sunday, even just telling him that his plan was stupid was enough to reverse the social link. What i'm doing is making separate save files just for Kenji, so I can say what I want without the negative repercussions.

P5 info won't be released for a while. We still have PDAN before it, which has also been light on info. I'm betting on a 2 step approach. First market PQ and P4U2, then PDAN and P5.

P5 info won't be released for a while. We still have PDAN before it, which has also been light on info. I'm betting on a 2 step approach. First market PQ and P4U2, then PDAN and P5.

Dingo just like to take their sweet time. Wouldn't be surprised if P4D gets a sneaky release.

Though what your saying makes perfect sense.

HeelPower

Persona sells as well in the west as it does in Japan.

Persona sells as well in the west (i.e. the entirety of the US, Europe and Australia) as it does in Japan (a single country).

Just think about what a crazy statement that is for a second. I mean, you're right, but it also means nothing.

The question is : could it sell more ? yes it could.

With appropriate exposure, the series can definitely grow. Personally, I have only heard about the series through word of mouth (and only recently)

I think there is something for everyone in this series ,but its up to the higher ups to advertise more and get some deals going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom