• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tOGIQ3k.jpg

PK Gaming

Awesome ♪

Chie: Uh oh, looks like I "Yosuke'd" again!
Yosuke: Oh, ha ha, real mature Chie. Using my name as a verb is just -so- clever. Grow up, why don't you?
Chie: Actually, Yosuke my dear, there is an official definition for term "Yosuke". I'm not some unoriginal some cad, you know! To "Yosuke" is to build up a scenario entirely derived from your own self-perpetuating hubris, resulting in a situation that escalates into a problem you neither want nor have control over.
Yosuke: Self-perpetuation hubris?!? More like self-perpetuating bullcrap. It really sounds like you just heard these things in "composition" class and decided to use it on me!
Chie: I can't help being educated, Yosuke. You should try it out some time. Maybe then you won't find yourself Yosuke'ing as often.

Just something i've been working on lately. I'm coming up with a bunch of scripts for P4 comics I plan on making in the future.

It's too bad about IS; I didn't even have it in my GOTY top 10 in 2011 due to boring play, but everything else is just SO GOOD. All that craziness you describe is for a purpose.

And her beret is cool, lay off. :p

Looks like he should be spinning broadies in a Camaro while making howling sounds

"Hey, cmon bro, lets get hammered and listen to Bachmann Turner Overdrive instead of this murder mystery bullshit. Hey Yukiko, wanna take your top off and make out with me?"

I plan on replaying Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment later on in the summer, as they're my favorite games in the series
and features the best Persona girl.

On another tangent, how likely is it that we will receive *some* form of Persona 5 news in June's Persona monthly magazine? Because I want to #BELIEVE.

Yeah just looking through it a bit just cause the BluRay with its artwork is so nice to see this so clearly. I love how the school work is, makes me actually want to make a proper 3d model of the Iwatodai place even more(I've had ideas in the past just couldn't find any proper artwork on the places which was why I'm watching those daily pictures for references.).

arue

Yeah just looking through it a bit just cause the BluRay with its artwork is so nice to see this so clearly. I love how the school work is, makes me actually want to make a proper 3d model of the Iwatodai place even more(I've had ideas in the past just couldn't find any proper artwork on the places which was why I'm watching those daily pictures for references.).

Damn I would cry if my high school looked that nice. Also, good luck on making the 3d model of Iwatodai, it took me hours just to make P3's classroom on sketchup (with no modeling experience).

Damn I would cry if my high school looked that nice. Also, good luck on making the 3d model of Iwatodai, it took me hours just to make P3's classroom on sketchup (with no modeling experience).

Oh I'm fine with modeling and proper edge flow and junk, its just time consuming and losing interest halfway through. I finished my Aigis model but never rigged her even though it'd be easy. I started a Danganronpa (Spoiler Character from the first game) model in class when I had ended up finishing that game recently haven't finished it though yet.
I plan to I swear!

I was gonna just rip the original assets from Persona 3 and remodel over top of them.

But the way the games structure works is set up like tile pieces that have files that define what makes what go together.(like a 3d tile grid). Which explains how the random floors work. But its impossible to get the hub world models in complete pieces. I don't want to crack the file format to figure those out either.

So this artwork is the next best thing (this school does have a gym! With basketball courts and stuff neat.) I'll post some work when I get to working on it. I'll probably start with the outside of the school first. More stuff to go in my portfolio the better.

CorvoSol

CHET I WANT THIS GIVE THIS TO ME, PLEASE.

It's too bad about IS; I didn't even have it in my GOTY top 10 in 2011 due to boring play, but everything else is just SO GOOD. All that craziness you describe is for a purpose.

I really, really hope it is, because so far it feels, I don't know, sort of pointless? Like, I suppose I understand that it's necessary, since it ties into the game's theme of the relationship between rumors and reality and "look how absurd this thing you think is real is" by showing you things that are plainly absurd but pretty much real but for some reason it just feels so disconnected from the party, and this
Let's save Jun!
thing was handled just so, so, so very poorly.

I really do wish I'd played this game when I was younger and more tolerant of PSX era RPG design.

Koppai

Hey y'all I realize today they are killing Nintendo WiFi

But can I still get the download missions for Pokemon Conquest or have those already been gone

PLEASE message me ASAP.

Marche90

Better act fast and try to download them, then. I don't have a DS nor a 3DS so I'm not sure. Anyway, there's a topic for that in the Gaming Forum, why don't you try asking there to see if the servers are going down already?

Nah you people are all wrong, it's the other way around.....
Pokemon and Persona is just like Megami Tensei, except with waifus and cute creatures instead of angelic and demonic beings of heaven and hell
megaten.jpg

lawful

Banned
I was only into Persona for the fighting game but i did watch the anime for Persona 4 in both subbed and dubbed including the 'true' ending episode (for which I only saw it dubbed) and I was quite active on the Atlus message boards mostly because it was fun to be the fish out of water there. But they shut those down and I lost all touch with the series. I was hoping P5 would end up on a console I own either Xbox 360 or Xbox One (lol I know right?) as I was interested enough to give a real title a try. But I was essentially talked out of it by some of the users on the Atlus board. It doesn't exactly meet my play style and I'm not really a huge fan of RPGs. I bought Killer Is Dead and that was like an overdose on 'japanese-ness' so I doubt Persona would be much different (probably milder I'm sure but there is the whole dating sim element). Any way I recently ended up revisiting the Atlus website to see if they ever made new forums (which they haven't) and it looks like they have a ton of Persona stuff happening now. Most importantly, to me any way, the P4A sequel is getting a console release and it will be on 360 so I am stoked for that but ONLY if they put in my main dude Adachi. Bitches and whores and all that.

lawful

Banned
The Atlus forums are worse than dead.

I had a TON of fun trolling them in a very PG manner. They promised to ban me right before they pulled the plug. Don't know if it's true or not. But yeah, is it just me or are they milking P4 for all it's worth 6 years later and all that?

MSMrRound

are they milking P4 for all it's worth 6 years later and all that?

Like it or not, Persona 4 is considered as one of AtlusJP's most popular title. Many will also point out that Atlus isn't exactly a very big developer/publisher compared to the likes of Bandai Namco/Square Enix etc. That's why it isn't hard to see why they are milking both Persona 3 and 4.

If those (nearly) annual Persona concerts/anime remakes/merchandises/pachinko machines etc helps them to bring in the dough to develop more games/support smaller developers like George Kamitani's Dragon Crown, by all means, go ahead.

Like it or not, Persona 4 is considered as one of AtlusJP's most popular title. Many will also point out that Atlus isn't exactly a very big developer/publisher compared to the likes of Bandai Namco/Square Enix etc. That's why it isn't hard to see why they are milking both Persona 3 and 4.

If those (nearly) annual Persona concerts/anime remakes/merchandises/pachinko machines etc helps them to bring in the dough to develop more games/support smaller developers like George Kamitani's Dragon Crown, by all means, go ahead.

At least they haven't yet reached Tecmo Koei's tier of milking franchises..

Dantis

Random high res P2IS portraits that I ripped from the PDF of the instruction manual. I have never seen them this high res on the internet before.

And two pictures, a deep in thought Tatsuya and a for no reason naked angel that is not in the game at all but shows up for two seconds in the intro

I actually wish Soejima drew more stuff like this.

Random high res P2IS portraits that I ripped from the PDF of the instruction manual. I have never seen them this high res on the internet before

Aaaannnnnnnndd I'll be downloading those. I mean, you never know when they might come in handy :)

I still haven't played P2, even though I've beaten P1, so thank you for your impressions, Corvo! :p

raven777

well, I will have to wait and see the scans but it's from hokanko so I think it will be true.

Also, it says in the story mode you can see 'that character' from P3. Not sure who that character is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom