• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n5a6pnFDIi1rhaegro1_1280.png

salt

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ken is king in his own head.

In the real world, he'd be locked in a truck and hurled off a cliff into the ocean.

PK Gaming

I thought Marshall did a good job with his voice.

Mona Marshall's was awful.

I feel like the english dub completely missed the mark with his character. Ken is supposed to sound like a reserved/politeful boy with a bitter edge to him, but Marshall didn't convey any of that. Her Ken comes across as sounded grouchy and constipated, and she just honestly doesn't sound like a 10 year old boy. Megumi Ogata was a tough act to follow, but I think they would have been better off if they cast someone else.

I honestly think that Marshall is one of the reasons why he's so hated.

FluxWaveZ

Mona Marshall's was awful.

I feel like the english dub completely missed the mark with his character. Ken is supposed to sound like a reserved/politeful boy with a bitter edge to him, but Marshall didn't convey any of that. Her Ken comes across as sounded grouchy and constipated, and she just honestly doesn't sound like a 10 year old boy. Megumi Ogata was a tough act to follow, but I think they would have been better off if they cast someone else.

I honestly think that Marshall is one of the reasons why he's so hated.

Can't say I agree with this. Mona Marshall made Ken sound reserved and careful in the way he spoke and articulated, which I think fit Ken just fine. There was some shoddy VA in Persona 3, but Ken isn't one of them for me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ehhh

His whole act is what drove me nuts

He's like 10 years old and tries to act all "grown up".

Bitch please, just admit you like the same things as the kids in your class.

" oh I don't like that... it's for kids. "

YOU ARE A KID YOU LITTLE SHIT.

Ehhh

His whole act is what drove me nuts

He's like 10 years old and tries to act all "grown up".

Bitch please, just admit you like the same things as the kids in your class.

" oh I don't like that... it's for kids. "

YOU ARE A KID YOU LITTLE SHIT.

How do you feel about Naoto?

CorvoSol

Honestly I don't mind that Ken got in. What I do mind is that Koro got fused to him. Like, is there any precedent for this team up in anything? Koro always hung out with Fuuka in his Slinks, and with Aigis since she could understand him, and he was on Junpei's team in The Answer, right?

Course if Ken is the one who has been taking care of Koro ever since, I guess that counts.

Honestly I don't mind that Ken got in. What I do mind is that Koro got fused to him. Like, is there any precedent for this team up in anything? Koro always hung out with Fuuka in his Slinks, and with Aigis since she could understand him, and he was on Junpei's team in The Answer, right?

Course if Ken is the one who has been taking care of Koro ever since, I guess that counts.

I'm guessing that this is exactly what happened.

abrack08

There's a Koromaru Social Link? Is that just in P3P with FeMC, or did I miss something awesome in my FES playthrough?

CorvoSol

I'm guessing that this is exactly what happened.

I suppose it makes sense, too. Ken and Fuuka sound like they've been most stable since the end of P3. What with Akihiko taking off to see Carnival, Mitsuru developing a sudden interest in catsuits, Aigis joining the FBI, Yukari becoming a power ranger and Junpei getting drafted by the Seattle Mariners and all.
And FeMC and Shinjiro eloping

There's a Koromaru Social Link? Is that just in P3P with FeMC, or did I miss something awesome in my FES playthrough?

Only in P3P. FeMC spends time with her puppy dog and getting to know him and cuddling and going for walkies.

Sophia

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say Ken and Koromaru kinda play a little bit like Carl Clover and Ada. One regular attack button and a Person attack for Ken, one regular/persona attack for Koromaru.

Lunar15

I'm 25 and I feel shockingly old now.

I'm just glad to have Koro in the game. He deserves to be there. Ken is just alright I guess.

Guys, what if, and hear me out here, Ken and Koromaru work as one character? Ken is the hitbox and all 456789A/B attacks, Koromaru is all 123A/B attacks. C attacks are Kala-nemi and D is Cerberus.

Posted 04-17-2014, 07:08 PM in OT4.

If this rumour turns out to be true, I'll open up my psychic shop next week.

Also, I'm 23, dont know who wanted to know but there ya go.

I'm 18, but I'll turn 19 at the end of the month.

Not sure how I feel about Koromaru getting stuck with Ken. As a character I really couldn't care less about him, while I do like Koromaru a lot. Ken's just sort of... there in P3. The only times he really stands out to me is when he's angsting. Haven't finished P3 yet though (I'm almost at the Hanged Man boss) so maybe he'll still manage to grow on me.

From a gameplay perspective though, this could be interesting. You'd have access to both Hama and Mudo skills, along with Zio and Agi thrown into the mix. What I'd like to know is how this will work exactly. Switching-out is a possibility, but somehow I don't really see that happening. Maybe Koro will ride on Ken's shoulder à la Jak & Daxter?

I am rather curious to see what Ken will look like now. He'll be 13 in P4U, right?

lawful

Banned
You can make your title in P4A say: I love Nanoko hentai

I was a scrub so the funniest thing I could make was: To win poke my ass!

abrack08

You can make your title in P4A say: I love Nanoko hentai

I was a scrub so the funniest thing I could make was: To win poke my ass!

My title has pretty much always been "Rub my ass! Father"

I know I could switch it around to "Father rub my ass!" but I like having the exclamation mark in the middle for some reason.

One of my friends has had some funny ones. My favorite of his was "Touch Dojima's Spiced Ham". I think another one of his was something like "Dojima's Red Dragon *sob*"

They're pretty much all dick jokes

I played anout an hour and a half of Transistor and it's really well done.
Gameplay is very interesting and highly customizable, story seems pretty interesting, art and music are both amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom