• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Dear God, I would kill to hear Koro's internal monologues.

Akihiko: Koro-chan, looks like you gotten bigger. It's good to see you are healthy and well-kept, but you need more protein. I'll make sure to put some in your bowl tonight.

Koro(Monologue): And with that passing remark, the silver-haired savage put his dirty, foul-smelling hand on my head, and matted my meticulously groomed fur. I had to hold back my inner urges to bite the hand that feeds me, but I knew this was not the path a dog followed if he wanted a treat later. Alas, I resisted, but I knew in due time the savage would get his, and I would be there to bask in it all.

p.s. I am awfully sorry for the horrible fan-fic I just wrote.

On the one hand, you'd think Koro would love Akihiko due to their shared love of protein. On the other hand, as a direct competitor for protein within the pack, as well as for the role of alpha and attention from FeMC, Koro may well have been planning on ripping out Akihiko's throat this whole time. Think about it:
Shinji
Ikutsuki
Makoto
, with Akihiko gone, the only other males in the pack are Ken and Junpei, and Koro has the kid's every move watched now.

Koro will reward Junpei as his Beta in the pack.

On the one hand, you'd think Koro would love Akihiko due to their shared love of protein. On the other hand, as a direct competitor for protein within the pack, as well as for the role of alpha and attention from FeMC, Koro may well have been planning on ripping out Akihiko's throat this whole time. Think about it:
Shinji
Ikutsuki
Makoto
, with Akihiko gone, the only other males in the pack are Ken and Junpei, and Koro has the kid's every move watched now.

Mother of god, this whole thing has me in stitches.

Shinji
Ikutsuki
Makoto

If they ever remake Persona 3, It should be about Koromaru, and should start when he joins SEES. The story will see him rise to the top of the food chain in Iwatodai, and tear apart the existing hierarchy in the dorm. Each full moon you fight another one of the male SEES members vying for dominance, and ends with you killing the MC and taking his harem of women.
Narrated by David Attenborough.

CorvoSol

If they ever remake Persona 3, It should be about Koromaru, and should start when he joins SEES. The story will see him rise to the top of the food chain in Iwatodai, and tear apart the existing hierarchy in the dorm. Each full moon you fight another one of the male SEES members vying for dominance, and ends with you killing the MC and taking his harem of women.
Narrated by David Attenborough.

Persona 3 Edogtion isn't the definitive edition of Persona 3 we need, it's the definitive edition of Persona 3 we deserve.

Ciaobaka

Neo Member
So I have just finished Persona 3 spring of birth, and its kinda amazing! Im not going to spoil anything But they seem to change some of plot line just a bit.

These news both greatly entice and sadden me all at once

On one hand Koromaru is in the game

On the other, I wont be able to main Ken and Ken only

why must Arcsys play with my emotions so

Remember kids, say yes to Amada.

I was thinking Koromaru won't be able to use Cerberus, like he's too old or something. Of course I doubt this'll happen, it's just what popped into my mind when I first heard the announcement.

I've got the full set, actually.

Nanako and Dojima looking stylish as heck.
There wouldn't be a P3 set would there? These are awesome.
Personally, especially with Mitsuru, I find P4A Mitsuru FAR more interesting than the dull, bland P3 Mitsuru, as a character.
I like both versions actually. Ant not just for reasons some people here would think

don't you dare iconquote me on this one pls
Hey girl hey
but she's anime

FluxWaveZ

Edit:
Are we assuming that's the set-up? Because that was my initial reaction, but if you remember Atlus rejected that idea for Nanako/Dojima.

So their Personas must be in play somehow... Right?

The reason Dojima and Nanako were a rejected ASW suggestion by Atlus was not because of their lack of Personas (though Toshimichi Mori noted the fact that they do not have a Persona when the characters were suggested), but because it was stupid (ASW likes to think it's because they were not popular enough).

Sho Minazuki fights without a Persona.

Are we assuming that's the set-up? Because that was my initial reaction, but if you remember Atlus rejected that idea for Nanako/Dojima.

So their Personas must be in play somehow... Right?

I´d be very dissappointed if both of their Personas weren´t playable. I know that its an unpopular opinion (like everything I think about Ken) but I really like Kala-Nemi as a design

and theres nothing to be said about Cerberus...its fucking Cerberus a firebreathing curse-casting three headed dog, why wouldnt he be in the game

Squire

Banned
Edit:

The reason Dojima and Nanako were a rejected ASW suggestion by Atlus was not because of their lack of Personas (though Toshimichi Mori noted the fact that they do not have a Persona when the characters were suggested), but because it was stupid (ASW likes to think it's because they were not popular enough).

Sho Minazuki fights without a Persona.

Ah, alright.

Canon

Banned
I'm almost finished with Persona 4 Golden and fuck it I don't want it to end. I've never played a game that I can say I never wanted to end but this is one.

I also understand why some Japanese people develop waifu relationships and marry their DS's (or in this case Vita).

Ciaobaka

Neo Member
I'm almost finished with Persona 4 Golden and fuck it I don't want it to end. I've never played a game that I can say I never wanted to end but this is one.

I also understand why some Japanese people develop waifu relationships and marry their DS's (or in this case Vita).

Have you played Persona 3, or is P4G your first?

FluxWaveZ

I´d be very dissappointed if both of their Personas weren´t playable.

Hm, guess I'll throw my prediction out there:

I think their method of control will be more simple than a Valkenhayn style stance change or a Carl or Shadow Labrys style puppet character. Direct player control never leaves Ken, but Koromaru follows Ken wherever he goes.

A attacks are Ken/Koromaru's, B attacks are Koromaru/Ken's. C attacks are Kala-Nemi/Cerberus', D attacks are Cerberus'/Kala-Nemi's.

Some moves will have Koromaru operate independently, like let's say a 236B that makes Koromaru lunge towards the opponent and separate himself from Ken. At that time, only A moves can be used, naturally, and maybe even D moves (Cerberus relevant move inputs) are disabled since Koromaru's busy during those (though I don't know if they'd go that far). I don't think Koromaru would have his own hurtbox during those moves, with the only relevant hurtboxes in play being the Personas and Ken.

Squire

Banned
tumblr_n4ungeyqVR1ql7vjso1_r1_500.png

I've got the full set, actually.

Nanako and Dojima looking stylish as heck.

These seem like they are based on a Gintama ED. Not that it detracts from it.

Hm, guess I'll throw my prediction out there:

I think their method of control will be more simple than a Valkenhayn style stance change or a Carl or Shadow Labrys style puppet character. Direct player control never leaves Ken, but Koromaru follows Ken wherever he goes.

A attacks are Ken/Koromaru's, B attacks are Koromaru/Ken's. C attacks are Kala-Nemi/Cerberus', D attacks are Cerberus'/Kala-Nemi's.

Some moves will have Koromaru operate independently, like let's say a 236B that makes Koromaru lunge towards the opponent and separate himself from Ken. At that time, only A moves can be used, naturally, and maybe even D moves (Cerberus relevant move inputs) are disabled since Koromaru's busy during those (though I don't know if they'd go that far). I don't think Koromaru would have his own hurtbox during those moves, with the only relevant hurtboxes in play being the Personas and Ken.

Perhaps Koromaru would be like Zappa with permanent dog spirit. I was also imagining Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown.

"Whoops, sorry, Eventhubs misreported the following information.

Apparently, Ken will not have his Persona Nemesis and Koromaru will not have his Persona Cerebus. Instead, Ken will work together with Koromaru as one character. Most likely, Ken can summon Koromaru just like a Persona.

Lunar15

So what's Ken's "wacky" thing going to be? I'm assuming every P3 character gets one.

Part time barber? Pizza chef? Martial Artist? Volunteer firefighter?

Famitsu

Apparently, Ken will not have his Persona Nemesis and Koromaru will not have his Persona Cerebus. Instead, Ken will work together with Koromaru as one character. Most likely, Ken can summon Koromaru just like a Persona.
If true that's incredibly lame.

So what's Ken's "wacky" thing going to be? I'm assuming every P3 character gets one.

In his security cam video he mentioned drinking milk or something. He'll be a milk man, and has a limited amount of bottles he can throw. His and Koromaru's entire gameplay gimmick revolves around it.

High School dropout/Carnie

If true that's incredibly lame.

In his security cam video he mentioned drinking milk or something. He'll be a milk man, and has a limited amount of bottles he can throw. His and Koromaru's entire gameplay gimmick revolves around it.

seconded...all of it

Sailor Moon X Persona
Let me guess who would be who
Sailor Moon - Rise
Tuxedo Mask - Yu
Sailor Mercury - Naoto
Sailor Mars - Yukiko
Sailor Jupiter - Chie
Chibusa - Nanako
Sailor Venus - Lisa
Sailor Pluto - Ulala
Sailor Uranus - Yukino
Sailor Neptune - Mitsuru
Sailor Saturn - Maki
and
Queen Beryl - Mrs. Kashiwagi

I have to say it makes sense that the persona attacks will be the dog, and the normal attacks, ken. I really cant see them being too complex of a character.

The personas will probably appear during specials and the instant kill.

Xenoflare

I have to say it makes sense that the persona attacks will be the dog, and the normal attacks, ken. I really cant see them being too complex of a character.

The personas will probably appear during specials and the instant kill.

Dual Persona instakill sounds reasonable if that's true.

Or at least include personas in supers.

Maybe the two would behave like Shadow Labrys and her "persona" which is always on screen.

Koromaru break sounds cruel.

Sophia

Guys, this isn't from Famitsu. It's from EventHubs, who don't actually know what they're talking about.

I wonder where they even GOT such nonsense from, seeing as part of their article appears to be reworded from Siliconera. Which doesn't mention that at all.

Presumably, more info will come out once Famitsu actually releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom