• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

I take back what I said about the PS1 version of P2:IS not being all that much different from the PSP version.

I've been watching PS1 P2:IS gameplay recently, and the differences are pretty apparent. To start enemy encounter rate is probably half of the PSP version(big one), the difficulty isn't nonexistent and the battle menu isn't completely terrible. The PSP version forces you to go through a bunch of menus if you want to use fusion spells, whereas in the original version, fusion spells could be set up fairly quickly. Individually, these differences don't seem like much, but they do add up..

So yeah P2:IS is still pretty flawed, but I'm more sympathetic to the idea that PS1 version of IS >>> PSP version by a decent amount.

Here's a question for all you pgaffers. How old are you?

26, 27 this July.

I hope he has a move where he throws Koromaru at the opponent

I hope koromaru has a move where he throws ken at the opponent!

@Smedwicks

Wow, pretty cool.

Now, this is nice, unlike what happened a while ago on twitter. On that matter, avoid twitter for a while. Christ, I think I just got myself scarred for life... Damnit, Dave.

Now Im curious.

Moonlight

Banned
@Smedwicks
I've got the full set, actually.
YMYMcD6.jpg

xflJ1wS.jpg

k8tr4ZL.jpg

Gh6KVdk.jpg

nETzBUc.jpg

G1SqIV5.jpg

g6QfThW.jpg

75DZGMV.jpg

tHQMDaV.jpg

Spoilers
Nanako and Dojima looking stylish as heck.

CorvoSol

Mamba, Mamba I'm sorry, Mamba forgive me but, Mamba I think that Mitsuru and Akihiko's new looks are kinda cool. I mean, they're dumb. They are SO, SO dumb. But the stupidity kinda loops back around into being cool to me. It's like they got stupid Saturday morning, 4kids dubbed anime costumes and 10 year old me is ALL ABOUT that.

Mamba, Mamba I'm sorry, Mamba forgive me but, Mamba I think that Mitsuru and Akihiko's new looks are kinda cool. I mean, they're dumb. They are SO, SO dumb. But the stupidity kinda loops back around into being cool to me. It's like they got stupid Saturday morning, 4kids dubbed anime costumes and 10 year old me is ALL ABOUT that.
Tsk tsk, you've been officially struck from the list of cool kids.

CorvoSol

Tsk tsk, you've been officially struck from the list of cool kids.

I'M SORRY!!! There's just something about a needlessly opulent fur coat over a shamelessly skin-tight catsuit that goes from stupid to stupid awesome for me.

Also Aigis choosing a necktie over a bowtie is where it is at.

I'M SORRY!!! There's just something about a needlessly opulent fur coat over a shamelessly skin-tight catsuit that goes from stupid to stupid awesome for me.

Also Aigis choosing a necktie over a bowtie is where it is at.
I can definitely appreciate the idea of something being so stupid that it loops back around to being awesome (my favorite Mario Kart character is Waluigi for chrissakes), but I feel Arena Mitsuru and Akihiko (especially Akihiko) never do that, in part held back by the corpses of their P3 selves that they are dragging around.

I can definitely appreciate the idea of something being so stupid that it loops back around to being awesome (my favorite Mario Kart character is Waluigi for chrissakes), but I feel Arena Mitsuru and Akihiko (especially Akihiko) never do that, in part held back by the corpses of their P3 selves that they are dragging around.

Personally, especially with Mitsuru, I find P4A Mitsuru FAR more interesting than the dull, bland P3 Mitsuru, as a character.

Personally, especially with Mitsuru, I find P4A Mitsuru FAR more interesting than the dull, bland P3 Mitsuru, as a character.

P4 Arena Akihiko on the other hand was the complete opposite, the major issue being that they ran that protein joke they had about him and ran it into the ground so hard that it became unfunny.
Along with his design well, maybe being a bit too drastic from P3 in my opinion. I know it's an anime fighter and they're known for ridiculousness, but that cape just looks dumb on him.
I don't hate P4A Akihiko, but i do think that there are some problems both in terms of his character and design.

Sophia

I like P4A Mitsuru. I like P4A Akihiko. I like P4A Aigis. I like P3 Mitsuru. I like P3 Aigis. I like P3 Akihiko.

I like all of them, more or less. >.>

Do you guys realize now that since we have a playable Koromaru, that means we will be able to play as...... SHADOW KOROMARU?!

This is an interesting idea, but it brings up some questions. Can shadow characters even work together considering Koro and Ken are a duo? Furthermore, what would Koromaru's shadow even be like?

abrack08

P4 Arena Akihiko on the other hand was the complete opposite, the major issue being that they ran that protein joke they had about him and ran it into the ground so hard that it became unfunny.
Along with his design well, maybe being a bit too drastic from P3 in my opinion. I know it's an anime fighter and they're known for ridiculousness, but that cape just looks dumb on him.
I don't hate P4A Akihiko, but i do think that there are some problems both in terms of his character and design.

I agree with that. I actually like P4A Akihiko, it just doesn't seem like the one we knew in P3. Akihiko was smart, I thought he seemed kind of sophisticated too (though that may have been his clothes and Liam O'Brien's voice that made me think that). In P4A, he's not Kanji-level dumb but he seems like a bit of a blockhead. He also didn't seem like the guy to travel around the world fighting bears or whatever (how else would he get those scars?). It feels like they took the fact that he was a boxer and made a kind of crazy character out of that, then put Aki's name and voice on it.

CorvoSol

Well, I'm not seeking to convert you so much as explain it as I see it. I'd be a damn hypocrite if I said I didn't understand how two people could experience the same thing and come away with different reactions to it. I never cared much for Mitsuru's school girl outfit, but I did think Akihiko's red vest was awesome. It's two different kinds of cool, though. Like a change from classy cool to stupid cool for me.

Also I feel like old teammates coming back in exaggerated, weird costumes in sequels is a thing in games. Like P2 does that with the P1 cast, but I swear I've seen this in other anime or games, too. I can't name any for some reason at the moment, but maybe you get what I'm going for? Idk

CorvoSol

This is an interesting idea, but it brings up some questions. Can shadow characters even work together considering Koro and Ken are a duo? Furthermore, what would Koromaru's shadow even be like?

Shadow Koro does not like tummy rubs.

Serious answer:
Shadow Koro probably would feel shackled by loyalty and gratitude. Since Koro's loyalty to his old master and love of the SEES members are his defining traits, then Shadow Koro would suggest that things were better without master and before SEES, because they were free. Master collared them and so did SEES. Master demanded loyalty, and SEES demanded friendship. Not in a straightforward way, but in that whole "oh we love you, Koro, you're our FRIEND, Koro, but we'll never treat you as human, Koro. We'll never really understand you, we'll never really respect you the way we do each other, and you will spend the rest of your short life frustrated by that and by your dependence upon us, wondering when we, like maser, will abandon you to the street ourselves."

Not entirely consistent, but for a quick jab I think that's how it'd go.

Squire

Banned
Do you have a link?

Here it is, though it's not the full shot it seems and it's probably a re-color.

JVKwRd9.jpg

So this is where that Naoto came from! I didn't realize there was a set.

That's a great look for her, too. Much more believable than the way she looks in that detective manga (not that I think that's a bad design in and of itself).

Shadow Koro does not like tummy rubs.

Serious answer:
Shadow Koro probably would feel shackled by loyalty and gratitude. Since Koro's loyalty to his old master and love of the SEES members are his defining traits, then Shadow Koro would suggest that things were better without master and before SEES, because they were free. Master collared them and so did SEES. Master demanded loyalty, and SEES demanded friendship. Not in a straightforward way, but in that whole "oh we love you, Koro, you're our FRIEND, Koro, but we'll never treat you as human, Koro. We'll never really understand you, we'll never really respect you the way we do each other, and you will spend the rest of your short life frustrated by that and by your dependence upon us, wondering when we, like maser, will abandon you to the street ourselves."

Not entirely consistent, but for a quick jab I think that's how it'd go.

Wow, that is really plausible, I like this idea. My main concern is how will he express this though? Unless they straight up give his shadow the ability to talk, all of his dialogue will just be distorted barking.

CorvoSol

Wow, that is really plausible, I like this idea. My main concern is how will he express this though? Unless they straight up give his shadow the ability to talk, all of his dialogue with just be distorted barking.

Like so:

"Fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra"

OH GOD WHAT IF KORO GOT THE INTERNAL MONOLOGUE INSTEAD OF KEN?

"It was a large, round, fuzzy thing! I wanted to sniff its butt to say hello and also to make sure it wasn't a chew toy, but I couldn't find its butt, so I just kinda assumed it had to be a chew toy."

PK Gaming

Chie and Adachi look amazing

And you wouldn't believe how much i'm snrking at Teddie

Here it is, though it's not the full shot it seems and it's probably a re-color.

JVKwRd9.jpg

So this is where that Naoto came from! I didn't realize there was a set.

That's a great look for her, too. Much more believable than the way she looks in that detective manga (not that I think that's a bad design in and of itself).

Sweet! If I wasn't repping Hinata i'd use that image as an avatar asap.

Like so:

"Fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra fra"

OH GOD WHAT IF KORO GOT THE INTERNAL MONOLOGUE INSTEAD OF KEN?

"It was a large, round, fuzzy thing! I wanted to sniff its butt to say hello and also to make sure it wasn't a chew toy, but I couldn't find its butt, so I just kinda assumed it had to be a chew toy."

Dear God, I would kill to hear Koro's internal monologues.

Akihiko: Koro-chan, looks like you gotten bigger. It's good to see you are healthy and well-kept, but you need more protein. I'll make sure to put some in your bowl tonight.

Koro(Monologue): And with that passing remark, the silver-haired savage put his dirty, foul-smelling hand on my head, and matted my meticulously groomed fur. I had to hold back my inner urges to bite the hand that feeds me, but I knew this was not the path a dog followed if he wanted a treat later. Alas, I resisted, but I knew in due time the savage would get his, and I would be there to bask in it all.

p.s. I am awfully sorry for the horrible fan-fic I just wrote.

Dear God, I would kill to hear Koro's internal monologues.

Akihiko: Koro-chan, looks like you gotten bigger. It's good to see you are healthy and well-kept, but you need more protein. I'll make sure to put some in your bowl tonight.

Koro(Monologue): And with that passing remark, the silver-haired savage put his dirty, foul-smelling hand on my head, and matted my meticulously groomed fur. I had to hold back my inner urges to bite the hand that feeds me, but I knew this was not the path a dog followed if he wanted a treat later. Alas, I resisted, but I knew in due time the savage would get his, and I would be there to bask in it all.

p.s. I am awfully sorry for the horrible fan-fic I just wrote.

Holy shit, this is gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom