• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And without further ado...

The King’s Games Rules and Guidelines

The brackets will be ran through Challonge for everyone to see for total transparency. Brackets are available here:

B League: http://challonge.com/kingsgamesinvestigationleague
A League: http://challonge.com/kingsgamessees1

The event will be broadcasted live at: http://www.twitch.tv/smedwicks

Every match will be run at 2/3 rounds and in a First to Five wins format, with a double elimination bracket.

If, in Grand Finals, the person coming from the Loser’s side of the bracket wins the first First to 5, Grand Finals resets, and the next person to win a First to 5 wins the whole tournament.

The two people to go 0-2 in A League will drop to B League, and the two people to go 0-2 in B League will be dropped out of B League entirely.

Only the previous game’s loser can change characters.

No use of turbo, macros, or any game altering hacks/cheats.

If two players disconnect in their match, they will be given another chance to play their match.

Must be available to play on the assigned day of your league. You’ll have five minutes from the time your match is called to join the lobby and start your match. After five minutes you’ll be given a warning. Five minutes after that, if you have not shown up, you will lose your match. This means that if you’re in Winner’s side of the bracket, you will be sent to the Loser's side, and if you're in Loser's side of the bracket, you will be eliminated.

That should conclude the rules and guidelines for the PersonaGAF King's Games. If there are any questions, please ask them so I can elaborate and potentially add them into the list of rules if need be.

Also, I need everyone from both leagues to let me know when they will be around to play for their league. Let me know via PM or on Twitter what league you're in and when you'll be available to play and then I'll start getting ready to figure out when I'll have each league play.

Thanks!

And without further ado...

The King’s Games Rules and Guidelines

The brackets will be ran through Challonge for everyone to see for total transparency. Brackets are available here:

B League: http://challonge.com/kingsgamesinvestigationleague
A League: http://challonge.com/kingsgamessees1

The event will be broadcasted live at: http://www.twitch.tv/smedwicks

Every match will be run at 2/3 rounds and in a First to Five wins format, with a double elimination bracket.

If, in Grand Finals, the person coming from the Loser’s side of the bracket wins the first First to 5, Grand Finals resets, and the next person to win a First to 5 wins the whole tournament.

The two people to go 0-2 in A League will drop to B League, and the two people to go 0-2 in B League will be dropped out of B League entirely.

Only the previous game’s loser can change characters.

No use of turbo, macros, or any game altering hacks/cheats.

If two players disconnect in their match, they will be given another chance to play their match.

Must be available to play on the assigned day of your league. You’ll have five minutes from the time your match is called to join the lobby and start your match. After five minutes you’ll be given a warning. Five minutes after that, if you have not shown up, you will lose your match. This means that if you’re in Winner’s side of the bracket, you will be sent to the Loser's side, and if you're in Loser's side of the bracket, you will be eliminated.

That should conclude the rules and guidelines for the PersonaGAF King's Games. If there are any questions, please ask them so I can elaborate and potentially add them into the list of rules if need be.

Also, I need everyone from both leagues to let me know when they will be around to play for their league. Let me know via PM or on Twitter what league you're in and when you'll be available to play and then I'll start getting ready to figure out when I'll have each league play.

Thanks!

Only main obstacle for me so far is whether or not I'll need physical therapy after my recent knee twisting, which I should know more about by wednesday. That aside I should be pretty flexible to work around and I'll let you know once I find out. The hype is real...

Rhapsody

Banned
Long sets on netplay are pretty nice, especially when you have to adjust to a connection.

Always sad when people would mash roll/DP on a slightly mistimed safe jump. That stuff's not supposed to work :(

CrazyDude

That's not how you spell "Ken".

rsz_p4-ayane-matsunaga1_5820.jpg

I think Marie is more polarizing instead of hated, especially because of her attitude, poems, and Golden exclusivity (IMO).

Ayane is a tough sell at first because of her voice and meekness, but I think the second half of her S. Link redeems her. I feel like she doesn't deserve the hate. Maybe indifference dislike, but not hate.

Kenji, on the other hand, is generally disliked but is swept under the rug with the pretense that he is one of the first S. Links and can be easily dismissed. Less hatred and more indifference. With this in mind, I hardly see people defending Kenji, so by default I would consider him the most disliked :p

At least, that's how I see things. Opinions, how do they work, etc etc

Sophia

Marie has the unfortunate issue of being an underutilized addition to an already complete game.

Kenji has the unfortunate issue of being an idiot in a universe where bad things usually happen to idiots.

I'd say Kenji has it worse. >_>;

kewlmyc

Marie has the unfortunate issue of being an underutilized addition to an already complete game.

Kenji has the unfortunate issue of being an idiot in a universe where bad things usually happen to idiots.

I'd say Kenji has it worse. >_>;

Kenji was made worst in P3P when you realize he has a beautiful girl that adores him and yet he still tries to date his teacher.

Sophia

Kenji was made worst in P3P when you realize he has a beautiful girl that adores him and yet he still tries to date his teacher.

It's weird to think that in any real school, Kenji would be the laughing stock over that. o_O;

You have a beautiful girl who's head over heels in love with you, and you ignore her? C'mooon. :\

Depends on which level of school we are talking about, and also the age of the teacher/professor. In high school? Hmm maybe, not if the teacher was in her early 20s and the student in his late teens. In Uni/college, it's a completely different game LOL, it isn't uncommon to hear of it.
In this particular case though, yes he is an idiot.

Acid08

Banned
Hey guys, what about Nozomi? I really didn't like that Social Link. It's up there with Kenji for me.
I think the underlying issue of
him overeating as a way to deal with his brother's death/the disappointment of his parents
is actually a really solid foundation for an interesting slink. But then they fuck up everything with his shitty attitude and the cult shit.

him overeating as a way to deal with his brother's death/the disappointment of his parents
is actually a really solid foundation for an interesting slink. But then they fuck up everything with his shitty attitude and the cult shit.
Yeah I agree with this. I think Nozomi's S. Link was probably more salvageable if revised or edited, but both his and Kenji's were flawed in execution. They both veered into crazytown and I was just on for the ride.

This. I'll never forget that moment when he gets really mad because you don't want to pay a fortune to join that cult. It could have been a good slink considering that issue you talk about, but nope.

Makes me wonder how P5 is going to handle S.Links. Actually no, makes me wonder about P5 as a whole, not just the S.Links LOL.

I think if the additional scenes from P4G are any indication, minor dialogue differences depending on your progress on s.links...so it seems more cohesive rather than just side stories.

Hmm that would be pretty interesting, people would have different experiences to talk about, since you can't befriend everyone at the same time. That would actually be a really good idea.

PK Gaming

I couldn't agree more.

I initially wrote off because I watched his entire link in one sitting (which marred my experience). When I finally got down to playing FES for the first time, I moved at my own pace and digested it better (no pun intended). Nozomi's slink was actually pretty fun when it was a culinary adventure with a side helping of
sad backstory.

It really goes to shit when they shoehorn that cult nonsense; it ruins the entire flow of the social link.

I wouldn't mind of the MC wasn't the Fool in P5...Of course SLinks wouldn't work with that system storywise, but they could replace it with a new system that works very similarly...but I wouldn't know how to really appropriate it...*shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom