• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Well, that's besides the point. If the deluxe edition includes a bunch of vouchers, than you'll have to use the store you imported from to redeem them and the account you have on that store to play the game with this content, as P4A runs a check for DLC whenever you boot it up.

Nope. DLC works on all accounts, I believe.

Kazzy

Yosuke...

xZhplOu.jpg

Yu.

Yeah DLC works on all accounts so long as the one who purchased it is still on console. The only restriction DLC has as I'm aware is that it has to match the region your game is from, such as japanese BlazBlue DLC not compatible with US BlazBlue discs for example.

Squire

Banned
Yeah DLC works on all accounts so long as the one who purchased it is still on console. The only restriction DLC has as I'm aware is that it has to match the region your game is from, such as japanese BlazBlue DLC not compatible with US BlazBlue discs for example.

I agree that the intention is to replace the region lock though, for sure.

Haha, well this is exactly what I was saying!

Kazzy

The hell of it is, if Yosuke WERE female in canon, most of the fans would probably find her actions cute/adorable (ie falling in the trashcan). But as a guy, said actions are annoying. Funny how that works.

You clearly haven't talked to me about Yosuke!

Dantis

Haha, well this is exactly what I was saying!

Ah.

I thought you meant that, for example, if I bought a US copy of Ultimax, I'd have to use my US account to play it. When in fact, I could use my UK account as long as the US account was on the system.

EDIT: Gosh, someone was quick on the trigger there.

Poor Gooch.

Levito

Banned
What's with all the shitapples on this page? Christ.

Anyway, Arena's soundtrack has convinced me the Spirited Girl is the best song on the album.

Poor Gooch.

With a comment like that, it's a well deserved ban.

Squire

Banned
Ah.

I thought you meant that, for example, if I bought a US copy of Ultimax, I'd have to use my US account to play it. When in fact, I could use my UK account as long as the US account was on the system.

Poor Gooch.

The point was just that it encourages people to buy locally without restricting them from importing if they want to.

Wazzy

Banned
I decided to just go for it and buy P2: innocent sin and Persona 1. They were only 5$ so I had to bite.

What's the difference between Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2? If they're completely different games I'll pick up 2 as well.

P4 update: I'm at Heaven and I'm just grinding a little. Currently at level 55 with a few social links maxed. Dojima, Nanako, Daisuke and Rise are the completed ones while Yukiko, Kanji and Yosuke are all at level 9. Trying to finish the dungeon in 2 days so I can quickly complete Marie's social link who I've barely worked on(level 3 I think).

Any recommendations for Heaven's bosses or is 55 good enough to finish the dungeon?

Style

Banned
I decided to just go for it and buy P2: innocent sin and Persona 1. They were only 5$ so I had to bite.

What's the difference between Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2? If they're completely different games I'll pick up 2 as well.

P4 update: I'm at Heaven and I'm just grinding a little. Currently at level 55 with a few social links maxed. Dojima, Nanako, Daisuke and Rise are the completed ones while Yukiko, Kanji and Yosuke are all at level 9. Trying to finish the dungeon in 2 days so I can quickly complete Marie's social link who I've barely worked on(level 3 I think).

Any recommendations for Heaven's bosses or is 55 good enough to finish the dungeon?

Persona 2's story is split throughout two games titled Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. To get the full story you should play both of them starting with Innocent Sin.

To be clear, they are two different games. They both got remade for PSP, but only the remake of Innocent Sin was localized so you will have to get the classic version of Eternal Punishment.

Dantis

What's with all the shitapples on this page? Christ.

Anyway, Arena's soundtrack has convinced me the Spirited Girl is the best song on the album.

Yup! I've been saying that for the last two years. :p

I think there's a big contrast between the style of Kitajoh's and Meguro's tracks on the album in general though.

I disagree, actually. Seems pretty clear that he didn't understand the problem with the wording, so it would have made more sense to explain it and then ask him to edit it than report it to a moderator immediately.

The point was just that it encourages people to buy locally without restricting them from importing if they want to.

Yeah, it's a much better way of doing things. The region lock was such a bad move. :/

kewlmyc

Perhaps he didn't know that it was an offensive word. I said the same word in the past in these community threads, but was corrected and informed that it was an offensive term. I then apologized and edited the post. Just banning him outright seems a little harsh if we don't know if he even knew what he was saying.

Wazzy

Banned
Don't like to get into bannings, especially since I'm new to this thread but "trap" has been a known bannable word for awhile now and I can kind of understand why a mod wouldn't give a warning.
Persona 2's story is split throughout two games titled Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. To get the full story you should play both of them starting with Innocent Sin.

To be clear, they are two different games. They both got remade for PSP, but only the remake of Innocent Sin was localized so you will have to get the classic version of Eternal Punishment.

Ahhhh awesome, thanks! I guess I'll pick it up then. I'm down to play the ps1 classic anyway.

For some reason, a number of people, including myself, did not realize that term was offensive until recently. then you think about it after the fact and it should be completely obvious why that term is offensive. I think internet culture has a dulling effect to that sort of thing, unfortunately.

Oh and if he's a first time offender it's probably a temp ban

Every time someone mentions Heaven, I immediately think of the bgm. It's so darn catchy! When I was playing P4G, I just wished that it wouldn't restart after every battle in the dungeon. A looping fade in / fade out track would've been keen. I hope they avoid that small quibble in P5.

Aeana

I disagree, actually. Seems pretty clear that he didn't understand the problem with the wording, so it would have made more sense to explain it and then ask him to edit it than report it to a moderator immediately.

Perhaps he didn't know that it was an offensive word. I said the same word in the past in these community threads, but was corrected and informed that it was an offensive term. I then apologized and edited the post. Just banning him outright seems a little harsh if we don't know if he even knew what he was saying.
If you guys actually participated in the rest of the forum instead of holing up in this thread, then you would be well aware that such terms are unwelcome and have been for a very long time.

kewlmyc

If you guys actually participated in the rest of the forum instead of holing up in this thread, then you would be well aware that such terms are unwelcome and have been for a very long time.

....what the hell are you talking about? Was that really necessary?

Kazzy

For some reason, a number of people, including myself, did not realize that term was offensive until recently. then you think about it after the fact and it should be completely obvious why that term is offensive. I think internet culture has a dulling effect to that sort of thing, unfortunately.

Also, a lot of these things exist in a vacuum, making it difficult to be truly impartial about such matters. It's hard to see whether it was mean-spirited or not - I honestly don't read enough of his posts to know his nature.

A subject for another time, but I've noticed certain communities are very militant around these parts. Which in itself is understandable, but it makes them look hypocritical - especially when bemoaning others for being exclusionary and derisive towards them.

Squire

Banned

He knew what Smed was getting at and chose to respond humorously.

Levito

Banned
Wonder what Yukari's theme in Ultimax is going to sound like. Aigis already has Heartful Cry locked down.

Oh and if he's a first time offender it's probably a temp ban

The term "trap" is far more offensive than most people realize. Our community should be better than that, regardless if it's "innocent" or not.

Plus, it's a temp ban, not a big deal.

Wazzy

Banned
I wish p2: eternal was 5$ haha
....what the hell are you talking about? Was that really necessary?

I think that comment was only directed at people who didn't know the term was bannable to which like I said, it's been bannable for a long time now and is pretty well known.

It's also really offensive.

CorvoSol

Oh Wazzy, I hope you've got a guide going for this part of the game so you don't miss something kinda important in the near future. Sounds like you've been advised regarding Marie, but there is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom