• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
I think it's a sure bet they'll clarify all the launch details for the NA version of a Ultimax at E3. Really hoping they can bring the game to EVO and stream some there, too.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh Wazzy, I hope you've got a guide going for this part of the game so you don't miss something kinda important in the near future. Sounds like you've been advised regarding Marie, but there is another thing.

Oh shoot there's something else? D:

I know there's a true ending but I thought the only missable stuff was once you're near the end of the game.

kewlmyc

I think it's a sure bet they'll clarify all the launch details for the NA version of a Ultimax at E3. Really hoping they can bring the game to EVO and stream some there, too.

I heard that it was going to be there. Didn't someone post that earlier?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I haven't played through P3 since it came out - don't remember having anything in particular against Ken, but I find it amusing that people are getting so upset about his inclusion on the roster.

Then again, I have Fuuka as an avatar, so what do I know.

Hyped about Ultimax. I just hope that this one doesn't have any region lock.

PK Gaming

People are not exempt from the rules just because they are not aware of them. End of story.

With all due respect, I think his response had more to do with the fact that you made a pretty unfair assumption about him.
If you guys actually participated in the rest of the forum instead of holing up in this thread

Is pretty condescending (and flat out untrue kewlmyc's case). I honestly wouldn't want to be misrepresented like that either.

Squire

Banned
What is everyone's favorite track on the Arena OST?

Not sure why, but I'm getting some serious Marvel vs. Capcom 2 vibes from this.

That's how I always felt about Teddies theme in the first P4A. Sounds straight out ofvC2.

Favorite track is the remix of Reach Out To The Truth. Oh man. They had to H • A • M on that one.

I heard that it was going to be there. Didn't someone post that earlier?

Hardin and LordKnight were talking about maybe doing something over Twitter.

Dantis

If you guys actually participated in the rest of the forum instead of holing up in this thread, then you would be well aware that such terms are unwelcome and have been for a very long time.

Oh my, haha.

That doesn't change what I said. He still seemed like he was ignorant to any offense it could cause.

Seemed harsh to me (not unlike the aggression in this post!), but whatever.

Yea, kind of uncool for a mod to do that. I participate out of here. Also there is nothing wrong with people who only participate in here if they don't like what they see in the other parts of GAF. Oh well, its not a big deal in the end!

(Actually, some good people actually kind of took it as insulting and personal, so for ME it is not but for some others, that was not cool.)

ANYWAYS, I am very partial to The Ultimate. (or The Arena as its called sometimes) Labrys' theme is the theme of the game imo, especially this version!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnxBLGicKo

I really like Yukari's theme for some reason too.

CorvoSol

Oh shoot there's something else? D:

I know there's a true ending but I thought the only missable stuff was once you're near the end of the game.

No I just mean the True Ending. The important parts of that will be happening
after you finish Heaven, and after the free time you get after that. So like, the beginning of December.

I agree with Buddha about that comment. I understand the rule is a thing because that is a real issue and needs to be upheld, but there could have been a better way of conveying that "holed up" thought I'm sure

What is everyone's favorite track on the Arena OST?

Probably gonna go with Shadow Labrys' theme if we're only counting new stuff. I like quite a few things in there but that's gonna be on top. Counting the rearranged CD that came with the game but not actually in the OST, Mitsuru's. The original song to that was pretty good but the arranged one is really solid imo.

Well, I don't agree with banning someone about a term they didn't mean to offend with. Reminds me of the whole 'Washington Redskins' fiasco.

It is only two weeks. I also have a problem with demonizing people who just aren't aware, they should instead be educated. Two weeks, however, does suffice as an education to me :p

Dantis

Being ignorant of the rules is not an excuse.

You're over-simplifying things, I think, but like others have said, it's a slap on the wrist. No big deal.

I'm no where near invested enough to carry on arguing this point, when nothing good is going to come of it.

I do still have a problem with Aeana's post, but life goes on.

Squire

Banned
Well, I don't agree with banning someone about a term they didn't mean to offend with. Reminds me of the whole 'Washington Redskins' fiasco.

You mean in that both are completely legitimate issues? As stated, it does not matter if someone is ignorant. There must be accountability.

PK Gaming

You're over-simplifying things, I think, but like others have said, it's a slap on the wrist. No big deal.

I'm no where near invested enough to carry on arguing this point, when nothing good is going to come of it.

I do still have a problem with Aeana's post, but life goes on.

No i'm not.

It's explicitly stated in the terms of service.

ToS said:
A. Language

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use NeoGAF to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense. It is recommended that profanity be held to a minimum in order to keep the level of discourse high, and profanity should not be used when addressing others. Though NeoGAF is an international forum, discussion is to be held in English unless otherwise designated.

It's right there. You agreed to following these rules when you joined the site.

There is absolutely no room for debate here. Aeana's post might have been aggressive, but she's ultimately right; you break the rules, you get banned. That's how it's always been.

kewlmyc

With all due respect, I think his response had more to do with the fact that you made a pretty unfair assumption about him.

Is pretty condescending (and flat out untrue kewlmyc's case). I honestly wouldn't want to be misrepresented like that either.

Thanks dude. Means a lot.

Thanks to Spring Of Birth, this is now my favorite Persona song.

Someone needs to photoshop Makoto with a Mayhem t-shirt.
I honestly had to Google who they were during the recording because I've never heard of them before. You wouldn't have happened to be a fan in the past would you? :p

Also since "Heartful Cry" would feel like cheating, my favorite Arena soundtrack is Wandering Wolf, especially the Arranged Mix.

Aeana

a) Although I quoted two people, my use of 'you' was colloquial. It applies to everyone in here. There are absolutely people whose main GAF presence is only within this thread, and they do not get special treatment.

b) The main point was that nobody is exempt from the rules or general GAF etiquette. If you happen to stick primarily to this thread and are not aware of the kinds of things people are banned for in the rest of the forum, it's not anyone's fault but your own. If you didn't read the terms of service or the FAQ in the FAQ forum, it's not anyone's fault but your own.

c) In this particular case, it was very clear that the person knew what they were doing. Smedwicks has confirmed as much in above posts. So ignorance is not even a defense in this case.

I apologize for singling kewlmyc and Dantis out.

Levito

Banned
There is absolutely no room for debate here. Aeana's post might have been aggressive, but she's ultimately right; you break the rules, you get banned. That's how it's always been.

Basically this. Regardless if it wasn't intended to offend, it's still an offensive word. Plus you're really throwing trans members of the PGAF community under a bus by insisting it's not a big deal.

Plus, it's done now, how about we move on?

I honestly had to Google who they were during the recording because I've never heard of them before. You wouldn't have happened to be a fan in the past would you? :p

Still am, DT are awesome. Makoto is totally a mallcore kid in that movie though. haha

cjkeats

Put her back together today, but here's my Figma of Chie signed by Erin Fitzgerald!
m52WvDP.jpg
Erin said she has the same one still in the box. When I was in line to talk to her, a little girl and her mom walked by and the girl saw the Monster High characters and lost her shit.
I also didn't have to pay for an autograph when I name dropped SlinkFM ;) Baller status.

I mentioned it yesterday, but her panel was really great. Just a Q&A with a lot of the basic questions we've all heard answered before, but once again someone asked her who her favourite character that she voiced was and without hesitation she said Chie. Someone also asked if she ever just falls into character without noticing and she said "Sometimes people tell me I've gone to Chie and not Erin and I would never notice otherwise." The character she wants to voice the most that she hasn't yet is Wonder Woman.

At the end of the panel she did a thing where everyone shouted character names and she did a line in their voice as fast as she could. She did the laugh from Danganronpa very loudly and it was amazing. She also did the stoic voice from Danganronpa (You know the one), and it was hilarious.

She was one of the judges for the costume contest yesterday. She was having a ball throughout it.

kewlmyc

a) Although I quoted two people, my use of 'you' was colloquial. It applies to everyone in here. There are absolutely people whose main GAF presence is only within this thread, and they do not get special treatment.

b) The main point was that nobody is exempt from the rules or general GAF etiquette. If you happen to stick primarily to this thread and are not aware of the kinds of things people are banned for in the rest of the forum, it's not anyone's fault but your own. If you didn't read the terms of service or the FAQ in the FAQ forum, it's not anyone's fault but your own.

c) In this particular case, it was very clear that the person knew what they were doing. Smedwicks has confirmed as much in above posts. So ignorance is not even a defense in this case.

No problem, thanks. Good way to end this whole drama thing as well.

Levito

Banned
That's too cool Keats, so jelly. Did you ask her any questions?

Erin's a pretty wonderful person. Pretty nuts she traveled from LA all the way to Newfoundland just to meet fans is nuts.

Acid08

Banned
Every time someone mentions Heaven, I immediately think of the bgm. It's so darn catchy! When I was playing P4G, I just wished that it wouldn't restart after every battle in the dungeon. A looping fade in / fade out track would've been keen. I hope they avoid that small quibble in P5.
Those long days passin' by, like late summer they slowly fade awayyyy~

And not to drag out the ban talk, but he deserved a ban. Using a slur gets you banned, sorry. Maybe he'll know better next time.

*Nods in agreement* But yeah let's move on from this, because everything that needs to said has been said on this matter.

On to another topic.....
I'm going to be working on an artist's book for Kazuma Kaneko for an art class that I have , so I'll will be covering Persona 2 in it. So I should have something within a couple weeks to show you guys.

cjkeats

That's too cool Keats, so jelly. Did you ask her any questions?

Erin's a pretty wonderful person. Pretty nuts she traveled from LA all the way to Newfoundland just to meet fans is nuts.
She is super cool. There were a few other guests there too, a dude from Star Trek and a another fro Battlestar Galtica. The lady who played Sindel in the second Mortal Kombat movie was there.
Erin was the most stoked to be there though, and I was surprised by the turnout at her panel. I was more impressed by all the Danganronpa love. Tons of cosplayers around, even some DR2 costumes.
CJ, did anyone ask her to do her Marie Canker voice?
I'm not familiar with that, but probably. She did a lot of characters in that 2 and a half minutes before her time was up. It was a sight to see.

Wazzy

Banned
No I just mean the True Ending. The important parts of that will be happening
after you finish Heaven, and after the free time you get after that. So like, the beginning of December.

Ohhh okay thanks. Acid was giving me help for the true ending requirements but I thought they all took place in March rather than December.

I'll start looking out once I beat Heaven. Acid, I've got until the 23rd for Marie, right?

Oh we have artists here too! Great seeing all of your stuff guys, let me pull out some of my older stuff (sorry for the shaky quality):

And Devil Survivor 2 gets some love too:

Acid08

Banned
Ohhh okay thanks. Acid was giving me help for the true ending requirements but I thought they all took place in March rather than December.

I'll start looking out once I beat Heaven. Acid, I've got until the 23rd for Marie, right?
In December the "intense shit is gonna happen, save here" prompt will come up, I sent you what you need to know for that part.

And yeah, you have most of December for Marie. She'll be available every day at some point during the month.

CorvoSol

Every time someone mentions Heaven, I immediately think of the bgm. It's so darn catchy! When I was playing P4G, I just wished that it wouldn't restart after every battle in the dungeon. A looping fade in / fade out track would've been keen. I hope they avoid that small quibble in P5.

I love that song. Such a good jam.

Put her back together today, but here's my Figma of Chie signed by Erin Fitzgerald!

Erin said she has the same one still in the box. When I was in line to talk to her, a little girl and her mom walked by and the girl saw the Monster High characters and lost her shit.
I also didn't have to pay for an autograph when I name dropped SlinkFM ;) Baller status.

You were able to meet her after all!? :O

Pgaf, i just did a rough sketch of nana chan.

Oh we have artists here too! Great seeing all of your stuff guys, let me pull out some of my older stuff (sorry for the shaky quality):

Quick doodle of Sho. I'm starting to get hyped for Ultimax!

I love it! That Teddie is way cute.

Hey guys! I'm playing Persona 3 Portable for the first time and had a question: Why do I only get Pixie and Apsaras in Shuffle Time?
I have yet to see another Persona Card in Shuffle Time and I'm on floor 14 now. I have now gone into Tartarus on several days and it's the same thing...

kewlmyc

Hey guys! I'm playing Persona 3 Portable for the first time and had a question: Why do I only get Pixie and Apsaras in Shuffle Time?
I have yet to see another Persona Card in Shuffle Time and I'm on floor 14 now. I have now gone into Tartarus on several days and it's the same thing...

Be patient and keep going up floors. You'll get different personas eventually. You might have to wait until the second part of Tartarus opens up after the full moon boss.

Be patient and keep going up floors. You'll get different personas eventually. You might have to wait until the second part of Tartarus opens up after the full moon boss.
Thanks! I ask because I was told that I could get Forneus from floors 5-10, and I thought I missed doing something that activated it or something. Guess I'll just keep playing :)

Wazzy

Banned
In December the "intense shit is gonna happen, save here" prompt will come up, I sent you what you need to know for that part.

And yeah, you have most of December for Marie. She'll be available every day at some point during the month.

Ohhh for some reason I grouped that near the end. Okay so that's around December. Is maxing Marie a requirement for the true ending or just for the dungeon which leads to that small event?

Guess Who

Banned
Ohhh for some reason I grouped that near the end. Okay so that's around December. Is maxing Marie a requirement for the true ending or just for the dungeon which leads to that small event?

It's not a requirement for the true ending, but you miss a good month and a half of game time plus a dungeon by not doing her link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom