• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Accidentally drop PSP.

PSP resets itself in protest.

Lose hours of grinding to max out new personas so we can go beat the game because we hadn't saved since we started this.

FML.

Who is your favorite character in the entire series PersonaGAF?
mitsuru-walk-animation.gif

Surprising I'm sure :p
To kinda piggyback off this question, what's your favorite social link, PGaf?

I think overall P4 improved the social links, but my two favorites are still Maiko and Maya in P3
I think I gotta agree with Maiko and Maya as well

kewlmyc

The Persona 3 Movie really cemented the fact that Makoto is my favorite character in the entire series. So I have a question that has been probably asked before, but Who is your favorite character in the entire series PersonaGAF?
Not sure really. I love pretty much all of the main characters to an extent. If I had to choose one, it would probably be Elizabeth (Makoto, Junpei, and Kanji come close).

That's really tough... Makoto is great, but I also love Junpei and Chie. Maybe throw Kanji in the mix too.

I think overall P4 improved the social links, but my two favorites are still Maiko and Maya in P3
Sun from P3

Dantis

I don't have a favourite character, personally. I like P4's overall cast the most though. In P3, I only really, really liked Aigis, Junpei and Yukari. Akihiko was cool too, I guess.

Moonlight

Banned
The Persona 3 Movie really cemented the fact that Makoto is my favorite character in the entire series. So I have a question that has been probably asked before, but Who is your favorite character in the entire series PersonaGAF?
I'm gonna go ahead and say... Rise. Rise is amazing. Yukari is a close second, along with Lisa. Of course, Junpei is awesome too.

This is a tough question. There's a ton that I really love. I think I'm going to have to say... Nanako and Dojima's SLink. It might be cheating to list them both, but they complement each other really well (for obvious reasons). Loved how they both dealt with loss. I think Ai is a close second (or third?), though. She's a character that totally lived and died on how well her Link was executed, and given that I think of her as one of P4's strongest characters, I think they pulled it off quite well.

As far as P3 goes, I'm gonna say Maya and Yukari. Portable shakes things up a bit, though, and Shinjiro and Saori both really strike me as standouts.

I find it really hard to pick favourites.

Swedesu

This is a tough question. There's a ton that I really love. I think I'm going to have to say... Nanako and Dojima's SLink. It might be cheating to list them both, but they complement each other really well (for obvious reasons). Loved how they both dealt with loss. I think Ai is a close second (or third?), though. She's a character that totally lived and died on how well her Link was executed, and given that I think of her as one of P4's strongest characters, I think they pulled it off quite well.

As far as P3 goes, I'm gonna say Maya and Yukari. Portable shakes things up a bit, though, and Shinjiro and Saori both really strike me as standouts.

I find it really hard to pick favourites.

I basically agree with all of this. Would probably add Naoki since I could really relate with him during his link, having dealt with loss in a similar way that he did.

Akinari from 3 is also a personal favorite of mine.

Yeah Makoto is in my opinion the best character. Everything from his design, to his personality just transpires pure awesomeness. I think all persona characters are pretty memorable in their own way (except for Ken, he can go take a hike). I still hope to this day that he, P3 end game spoilers,
gets saved somehow. When you think about it, the whole P3 cast was changed by him, and it's reflected in P4U, with everyone wanting to grow up, be stronger. I think Yukari becoming a Ranger also has something to do with that in a way.

Chie, Kanji and anime Yu.

In fact, I love the whole P4 cast, some more, some less, but I dont dislike anyone.

From Persona 3 I like Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aegis and at the beggining Junpei. But contrary to P4 is more like than love.

Pics_nao

Favorite character would probably be Elizabeth or Aigis. Maybe Yukari barring the Answer.

Favorite S link is probably Adachi, Marie or Yukari's. <_<

Sophia

My favorite character is....

.... hmm.... do I really have to answer this? It should be obvious. :p

I like it! It looks really good. I can't draw kids, so already, it's better than anything I can cook up.

I love it!

Looks good. I haven't seen your other works, so I can't vouch for improvement.

Thanks guys. My other sketches were of fuuka and yukari.

mkpkf606g6oyypjfg.jpg

b21vsrpndmeat36fg.jpg

n1060a309bn9li5fg.jpg

Ive just begun to add color to nanako. Its already my favorite drawing. :p

In regards to favorite character in the games. In P3 its Akihiko, junpei and yukari. P4, pretty much everyone. Although i did gravitate more towards chie, kanji, yukiko, nanako, narukami, and of course adachi.

That Ken picture had me in tears lol. Good work.

We may have our differences, but you are still a bro Ciaobaka. I'm just trying to spot who is and who isn't part of #teamyukari ahahaha!

As the ambassador of #TeamYukari, let me be the first to say that you've made the right choice!

Because Yukari is the best Persona character. <3

Favorite character would probably be Elizabeth or Aigis. Maybe Yukari because of the Answer.

FTFY

Favorite S link is probably Adachi, Marie or Yukari's. <_<

Yep, we're going to get along just fine. :D

As the ambassador of #TeamYukari, let me be the first to say that you've made the right choice!

Because Yukari is the best Persona character. <3

FTFY

Yep, we're going to get along just fine. :D

#teamYukari needs to convert everyone that's part of personaGAF, they need to realize her awesomeness

You know I had to give this a lot of thought and it surprised me what conclusion I came up with. Aigis is my favorite.

It's difficult to decide a favorite. Probably Yosuke if I had to name one. It's well balanced in terms of both dramatic and comedic moments. It provides new scenerios for the player but at the same time eases in to each scene so it doesn't come out of nowhere. It has a fitting, memorable end and by the time you're finished, you've discovered multiple facets to this character.

Nimby

Banned
I'd say it's a tossup between Risette or Kanji.

Aigis doesn't git gud till like December or something
This is me as well.

To be more specific:
P4: Kanji, Rise, Yukiko, Yosuke
P3: Aigis, Akihiko, Yukari, Junpei

Kanji's probably my overall favorite.

Meia

Favorite character? Hard to choose between Chie and Fuuka for me probably.

Now if we're talking about favorite social link story itself, probably Ai.

Lunar15

It's Kanji.

He's just the best written character in the series*. His internal conflict is real and believable, his dialogue is both hilarious and thoughtful, and his american VA is top tier.

*Can't vouch for P1 and P2, unfortunately.

Awesome! You people have some really great opinions. I'm very happy no one has mentioned a poopy character either, so congrats on that! Also to everyone that said Makoto or Junpei was their favorite:

tumblr_inline_mr5aoxqAvO1qz4rgp.jpg

Menome

From what I've seen/read of Persona 3: Mitsuru Kirijo as a favourite character. Can't really comment on the Social Links as I all have to go on are brief summaries online.

With Persona 4, my two favourite characters are Chie and Kanji. Initially I didn't warm to Chie that much, but she won me over as time went on and ended up as my wa---romantic interest. Kanji was just a great inversion of the 'tough male' trope and provided a lot of heart and comedy for proceedings.

For the Social Links, I'd say the Temperance link with Eri & Yuuta, and the Sun link with Ayane.

abrack08

From what I've seen/read of Persona 3: Mitsuru Kirijo as a favourite character. Can't really comment on the Social Links as I all have to go on are brief summaries online.

With Persona 4, my two favourite characters are Chie and Kanji. Initially I didn't warm to Chie that much, but she won me over as time went on and ended up as my wa---romantic interest. Kanji was just a great inversion of the 'tough male' trope and provided and lot of heart and comedy for proceedings.

For the Social Links, I'd say the Temperance link with Eri & Yuuta, and the Sun link with Ayane.

Same. When you first meet her and she's screaming about her Trial of the Dragon DVD to Yosuke, I actually thought she was kind of annoying. She ended up being my favorite P4 character.

Surprising no one, my favorite character is Naoto. I think I'm actually the first to say that lol It is a long story, but it has to do with the way I see her problems and how I relate to some of those problems. Of course I really love many other characters, like Kanji, Aigis, Rise, and a lot more.

As far as Social Links goes, I really loved Aigis, Maiko, Akinari, Nanako, Dojima... But the one I really loved was Hisano, mostly because
Hisano's husband reminded me of my grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom