• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Sho still looks weird to me. And then there's his story mode portrait...

I think his story mode portrait looks fine from his trailer. That smile definitely looked off in Labrys', but everything seemed to work in Sho's, except for maybe that petite mouth he had at one point.
Sgw8yU6.png

Rhapsody

Banned
Those X scars.

Kinda interesting to see how his character designs end up when the main intent is for a fighting game.

I really can't wait for P5's designs to come out though.

Edit: and now I'm vaguely beginning to remember Jello using the same Aigis pic as an avatar lol

Acid08

Banned
I think it's kinda cool that P3 and 4 were funded by an insidious, law breaking corporation.

Even more cool that Atlus is away from them now.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I've just run my translation of the Nikkei article on Gematsu here. Business Japanese can be a tricky minefield to navigate, but hopefully this clears up some things for ya'll~

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Thanks! However, it seems you might have left the translation a bit unfinished?

Pretty sure I didn't. I always do my translations side-by-side next to the original Japanese in my text editor and proofread them before running them, but if there's something you think is lacking, I'll take a look.

Edit: Ah, I know which part you're talking about now. My bad! Will update that.

Edit 2: Okay, I think I fixed it. Unless I'm going absolutely crazy, that should be all of it! Sorry! Normally I have an editor around to look this over, but he's out for the night, so sometimes mistakes get made. ;____;

I'm...i'm not sure I agree with any of that.

4)

-Why he's scared
-Something's bothering me
-He can still repent
-I actually don't know

You can rule out options 3 and 4, but 1 and 2 basically lead to the similar conclusions. It's completely ridiculous to get punished here. I'd rather wonder "why he's scared" than say something as nebulous as "something's bothering me."

Thank you, I got the mediocre ending at this point a day ago. I was like, "what, that's it"? Obviously I knew I got the bad ending, but I was ready to restart the whole game in NG+ because I thought it was something I missed earlier. For some reason I thought it had to do with whether Izanagi was set as the main persona at some point midway, so I kept him set as the main for as many as I could after that point.

But nope, it was because I chose "Why he's scared" rather than "Something's bothering me". Crazy. I had to look it up, and since that wasn't even how to get the "true ending" I looked up how to get the other stuff done. Needless to say, this lead me to some spoilers, oh well. Namely who was the true culprit, but also some information about Marie I'd rather have kept a twist.

Still, the game's pretty cool, just wish my first time through wasn't messed up by such a weird barrier, that forced me to look up things that eventually lead me to spoilers. (I actually already ran into the true culprit spoiler a long time before, but still)

Anyways, my opinion of the game has grown though from its sort of low point during midgame, even if I got spoiled by some things ahead of time, it was satisfying for the plot to go places. Currently on January 2nd or 4th, and its cool again. Just too much wasn't happening. Now though I don't know whether I should prepare to get Persona 4 Arena, or just wait for Ultimax and hope they have the same DLC as in Japan where it allows you to play the first Arena's story.

Edit: to the above, is the only way to learn the kinds of Kanji used in formal writing to just have years and years of experience reading Kanji in more casual writing? What I'm asking, is if you can recommend a way to learn a lot of the Kanji used in press releases, newspapers etc. I'm kind of a low level Japanese learner (2 years highschool, 1 year college), and so far the Kanji I'm running into is pretty simple stuff, should I just stick to the program, or is it worth it to try translating really big walls of text going one Kanji at a time? Basically, any advice? Since I'd like to improve my reading skills.

FluxWaveZ

Edit 2: Okay, I think I fixed it. Unless I'm going absolutely crazy, that should be all of it! Sorry! Normally I have an editor around to look this over, but he's out for the night, so sometimes mistakes get made. ;____;

Maybe it takes a bit to get updated, but I still see:

WGKk2LU.png

If you guys are having problems with the Namatame case and getting the bad ending, wait until you figure out what you'll have to do to unlock the epilogue in P4G. lol

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Maybe it takes a bit to get updated, but I still see:

WGKk2LU.png

Oh god, did I write that? I'm so terrible at proofreading. Hopping to it~

Thanks, though. My brain gets so damn fried when I work outside my specialty like this. It's fun, but my major was about as far from econ as it could get.

What's people's issue with the Persona 4 Animation? From what I've seen it obviously compresses things, but seems alright. The animation quality itself gets mentioned a lot, but it seems fine to me, better than some.

FluxWaveZ

The animation quality itself gets mentioned a lot, but it seems fine to me, better than some.

I was mostly fine with it at the time, but after seeing Spring of Birth, it could have been far better. P4 The Animation was actually pretty ugly, and the battle scenes weren't great (at least compared to P3M). I liked P4 The Animation, but it did have some pacing issues at times, mostly at the beginning of the series when everything felt insanely rushed. It'll be interesting to see what exactly P4GA turns out to be when it starts in 1-2 months (even though I still kind of wonder why it even exists).

Speaking of P3M, the music accompanying one of my favorite scenes was uploaded from the OST: Persona Summoners.

What's people's issue with the Persona 4 Animation? From what I've seen it obviously compresses things, but seems alright. The animation quality itself gets mentioned a lot, but it seems fine to me, better than some.
Peoples' other main issues are that as a substitute for the game and as a stand-alone anime it's not great. Another issue I've seen people have is Narukami's personality, and thought that it didn't fit him. I personally like it though, and I think fans of the game should watch it because it's a nice companion to the game.
Edit: Also pacing as pointed out above.

Ok, well... Hopefully Persona 4 Golden the Animation displays less "QUALITY"? In my defense I've only seen 4 episodes of the anime I think.

About the Persona 3 movies, is there any word at all on when they'll show up in the US?

Ok, well... Hopefully Persona 4 Golden the Animation displays less "QUALITY"? In my defense I've only seen 4 episodes of the anime I think.

About the Persona 3 movies, is there any word at all on when they'll show up in the US?

I don't know the policy here, but I could send you links to download it or watch it online if it's permitted.

I think P4 The Animation is fine. Could be better but it's good. Also, there are a lot of videogame anime adaptations that are terribly done. So I take it as a relief.

Persona Q site updated. Two new videos were added to the Labyrinth section. (Map drawing and F.O.E.)

And like I said before, the movie section is really known as school. I saw it on the Shop Guide page, and guessed it a week ago. It seems this section will have videos about what you can do at the school.

I need Persona Q so badly. Unfortunately I don't own a 3DS yet.

What do you guys think about the possibility of Persona Q arriving on Vita? Is there a chance?

hao chi

If you guys are having problems with the Namatame case and getting the bad ending, wait until you figure out what you'll have to do to unlock the epilogue in P4G. lol

Isn't it just
finish Marie's S. Link so you do her dungeon then get the true ending same as you would in vanilla P4?

I'm almost positive that's it, but it can't hurt to double check since Nanako is about to get kidnapped, so I'm pretty far along in the game.

Meia

Isn't it just
finish Marie's S. Link so you do her dungeon then get the true ending same as you would in vanilla P4?

I'm almost positive that's it, but it can't hurt to double check since Nanako is about to get kidnapped, so I'm pretty far along in the game.

Yeah, that's it, nothing more.

Isn't it just

No it isn't. There's something you should do in in your last day in Inaba. Unless the true ending you're talking about isn't the regular one.
When you get near to the end of the game the easiest mistake you can make is to go home once you have spoken to everyone (which will get you the regular ending). This happens on the 20th of March, when you go into town and have to speak to everyone who’s social links you have maxed out. Once you have done this the game will ask you if you want to ‘return to your house and get ready for tomorrow’, and you need to say NO. Then you have to make some other things to unlock the fight against Izanami.

Guess Who

Banned
No it isn't. There's something you should do in in your last day in Inaba.
When you get near to the end of the game the easiest mistake you can make is to go home once you have spoken to everyone (which will get you the regular ending). This happens on the 20th of March, when you go into town and have to speak to everyone who’s social links you have maxed out. Once you have done this the game will ask you if you want to ‘return to your house and get ready for tomorrow’, and you need to say NO. Then you have to make some other things to unlock the fight against Izanami.

That's in the original P4, too, and it's actually much more obtuse there (which I preferred, personally).

Guess Who

Banned
Oh, I see. I didn't mean it was exclusively on P4G. Thought you guys were talking about the regular ending.

As hao chi said,
what you described is how you get the true ending in any version of the game. When you said "unlock the epilogue in P4G", it sounded like you were referring to the Golden-exclusive October event, in which case the only difference between that and the vanilla P4 true end is maxing Marie's s-link.

Dantis

Persona Q site updated. Two new videos were added to the Labyrinth section. (Map drawing and F.O.E.)

And like I said before, the movie section is really known as school. I saw it on the Shop Guide page, and guessed it a week ago. It seems this section will have videos about what you can do at the school.

Has it updated a day early this week?

EDIT: The music on the Persona Q F.O.E video is amazing. Really glad they've got Konishi on board for the OST. Should have had him on Arena too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh...
[Shadow Mitsuo.

"Get a Black Frost!"

(Does so)

Mind Charge + Agidyne = 250-300-ish damage.

Decent, but the rest of the party is doing 60 a pop. Plus with exhaustion and the high cost of SP using I'm running out of SP with the healer and Agidyning. Am I supposed to overlevel to beat him on Hard? It seems like being level 38-41 isn't a way to go despite the recommended being 4 levels higher.

Dantis

Spoiler tag spoiler tag spoiler tag spoiler tag.

EDIT: "Spoiler a six year old game, really?"

Yes, really. I wish people would stop saying this. P4G came out in 2012 and that's when a huge number of people played the game for the first time. Cheers for tagging it, anyway.

Meia

Make sure you have plenty of items to cure exhaustion, as it's annoyance on that fight. At this point, you may start having access to things like Matarukaja/Marakukaja/Masukaja, so you should be making use of those. Failing that, you REALLY should be making use of single target Rakundas or Tarundas. Both the buffs and debuffs play off each other really well.

Raising your offense and lowering his defense could mean you're doing a good 100-150 more a shot than you are if you're not doing it. At the very least, buff up the MC with a Mind Charged Agidyne to do a truckload of damage(Chie does learn Tarukaja, and it's not a bad idea to keep it on her for this reason if you're still running her).

Honesty though, your biggest problem seems to be you really need to keep that debuff off your party. Outside of the item that cures it, one of the first things I always did was get Yukiko up to rank 6 or whatever it is so she gets Amrita so she can always cure status effects(golden only). This fight is your first real test of the game since it's a boss that attacks twice per turn, so in general the longer this fight goes the worse off you're going to be.

We should have a mod edit the thread title to put a mention about spoiler tags like some other (community) threads do..

Maybe then a few newcomers wont get caught up in the "spoiler tag" massacre.

And the ones who ignore that? They probably deserve it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Make sure you have plenty of items to cure exhaustion, as it's annoyance on that fight. At this point, you may start having access to things like Matarukaja/Marakukaja/Masukaja, so you should be making use of those. Failing that, you REALLY should be making use of single target Rakundas or Tarundas. Both the buffs and debuffs play off each other really well.

Raising your offense and lowering his defense could mean you're doing a good 100-150 more a shot than you are if you're not doing it. At the very least, buff up the MC with a Mind Charged Agidyne to do a truckload of damage(Chie does learn Tarukaja, and it's not a bad idea to keep it on her for this reason if you're still running her).

Well, I've had Teddie on healing Duty while Kanji Medium Zio's. But Kanji's Medium Zio is 56-70 damage a pop. His Light Physical 3x skill does 40 a hit. Yosuke still doesn't seem to have a good medium wind skill yet. :/

The problem is doing damage. I've done this fight before but it seems like actually doing enough damage while my SP drain is insane for the level seems off.

Meia

Well, I've had Teddie on healing Duty while Kanji Medium Zio's. But Kanji's Medium Zio is 56-70 damage a pop. His Light Physical 3x skill does 40 a hit. Yosuke still doesn't seem to have a good medium wind skill yet. :/

The problem is doing damage. I've done this fight before but it seems like actually doing enough damage while my SP drain is insane for the level seems off.

Your damage output is just super low, and it has to be because you're not buffing/debuffing like I suggested.

Say a move does 50 damage. If the person is Tarukaja'd, it'll do 75 damage. If the target is Rakunda'd, it'll do 100 damage. If you've played Persona games on normal, you could safely ignore this type of thing, but as you can see on hard you really don't want to.

Though honesty, someone like Kanji is more of a physical fighter, so not sure why he's hitting for that low either. I mean, I have almost the same problem when I used Chie, which is why I had the MC be the main fighter, while Chie was the item user/buffer and whoever wasn't healing did damage.

I use a 3 or a 4 pixel brush for proper line art (which I very rarely do nowadays) and between 4 and 15 for sketch lines. I usually work on a 6k square, unless I want a taller or longer picture. It's always a really big canvas though.

I use 5 and 9 for line art, and usually do 3k at most of big. Maybe I try 6k.

Sorry, missed these earlier.

Funny you should mention clipping masks. Im actually learning about it right now :p

Thanks man, and welcome to Pgaf.

Oh yeah, they are really amzing. I learned about them during my work on the scribblenaut games. I can't stop using them now.

Dantis

I use 5 and 9 for line art, and usually do 3k at most of big. Maybe I try 6k.

Oh yeah, they are really amzing. I learned about them during my work on the scribblenaut games. I can't stop using them now.

Am I misinterpreting this or are you saying you did some of the art on Scribblenauts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom