• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
I am surprised you made it that far without getting spoiled. The killer is often name-dropped in this thread. Anyhow, you still got a bit to go. Enjoy!
Really? I guess I got lucky and didn't read any pages when he was name dropped. :p

Thanks! I think I'm almost near the end. Just at thew ski lounge.

I've always wanted to point the finger at Nanako in that scene, just for laughs.

She was an option?

Damn I wish I picked her. :lol

Meia

Really? I guess I got lucky and didn't read any pages when he was name dropped. :p

Thanks! I think I'm almost near the end. Just at thew ski lounge.

She was an option?

Damn I wish I picked her. :lol

Every named NPC is an option, social links and non ones too. :p

Levito

Banned
Mmm, that Fujiko is all Mine. She really has quite the resume!

Also, lord have mercy that's the single most obnoxious intro I've ever heard. ShrimpCast? More like ChumpCast. Guy is the ripest of shitapples.

Should've skipped to the 50 min mark.

And yes, the interviewer sucks a lot.

Wazzy

Banned
Every named NPC is an option, social links and non ones too. :p

I didn't even look at the options, straight away I picked
Adachi
. xD

Not sure how spoilers are supposed to be used regarding the killer so I'll put them anyway.

UupvuwV.png

*couldn't find a picture of Yosuke wincing*

Yeah, that's pretty bad, has almost titan head proportions...

Well, I've gotten into the actual meat of P3P now, and its pretty cool, I see where people are coming from when they say it has a bit more realistic S. Links. It doesn't seem like every time you go with a character on a "thing" that it'll either be "you went home after spending time with X" or "OMG let me tell you about this very important part of my past!", right?

I'm not sure if I'm having my FeMC go with Junpei, but just the fact that an S. Link scene that seemed like it may have been going somewhere was seemingly stopped from actually achieving another rank because of a dialogue choice was interesting. It makes the S. Link seem more interesting when what the MC says can make a scene awkward and "not work". Junpei was telling FeMC (named Mary Motoki, a pun for "more time" in Japanese, motto, toki get it, anyways...) that his friends would be surprised at how much she could eat. Jokingly I chose for her to say that maybe she shouldn't eat as much, which flipped the scene around in an interesting way, making Junpei look kind of bad. It's just interesting, never seemed to have something like that happen in (most) of Persona 4, still haven't beaten it.

This is my first time getting this far in Persona 3, I got as far as first few floors of Tarturus on P3FES before I got Persona 4, but SMTIV was taking a lot of my concentration at the time. I should get back to that, does this community thread count as an SMT community too? Anyways, it's too bad I know so many spoilers about Persona 3... Can't be helped, it seems interesting to just see it play out though so far.

Lemstar

Severe Petal's base damage = 400 (We don't know for sure but i'm assuming it's around Ragnarok's base power)

Primal Force's base damage = 2200

Severe Petals: 400 x 2.5 x 1.25 x 1.5 x 1.1 = 2062.5

Primal Force: 2200 x 2.5 = 5500 (Incidentally, this is why Kanji is overpowered in golden)
That's not how damage calculation works. Take the square roots of those base damage values to find actual base damage.

(Also, I'm pretty sure boost and amp are additive, not multiplicative.)

FluxWaveZ

You shouldn't speak so soon. :p

I didn't say it wasn't going to happen; I was expressing hope that it wouldn't. A conditional. Glad it happened.

Also, hell yes:
Now that the Ken and Shadow Ken pages are up and they both represent Koromaru, I think it's fair to say that this is an indication that there will be at least one more character, because there haven't been graphical omissions like this with the updates so far.

Here's part of the official description:
The original cast of characters from Persona 3 and 4 are back to discover the mastermind behind the whole tournament, while a few new faces join the fight, including Junpei Iori, Yukari Takeba, Rise Kujikawa, and more. But standing in their way is the dual katana-wielding Sho Minazuki, a huge threat to everyone involved in the P-1 Climax. Worse yet, there’s a Sho lookalike who can wield a Persona…

The "and more" part might turn out to be more than Ken and Koromaru.

It sounds as though the music during Ken's trailer is actually his theme. Sounds nice.

Dantis

Ken's theme actually seems pretty good. I really feel like Kitajoh leans far too heavily on gamey sounding synth in his Arena music still, though. I don't think I'll be buying the Ultimax soundtrack unless it turns out that Meguro has done some music for it.

The moving mouths in the story mode still look real bad, as an aside.

arue

I laughed so hard when I heard Ken's fangirls.
JP dub Ken sounds awesome. Megumi Ogata is the best for him.

I didn't say it wasn't going to happen; I was expressing hope that it wouldn't. A conditional. Glad it happened.

Also, hell yes:

Now that the Ken and Shadow Ken pages are up and they both represent Koromaru, I think it's fair to say that this is an indication that there will be at least one more character, because there haven't been graphical omissions like this with the updates so far.

Wait, the coming soon slot is for another character and not for Koromaru?

I know you said that Ken's pages represent both Ken and Koromaru, but I still can't believe there is a chance that another character will be revealed.

P3&P4 spoilers:
please be Minato or Adachi

FluxWaveZ

Wait, the coming soon slot is for another character and not for Koromaru?

I know you said that Ken's pages represent both Ken and Koromaru, but I still can't believe there is a chance that another character will be revealed.

P3&P4 spoilers:
please be Minato or Adachi

There's no way Koromaru would have his own page when he's already part of Ken's page. He's not his own character, so it makes the most sense that way.

And I think it's definitely safe to say that the "Coming Soon" slot is intentionally there because the playable character list isn't done yet, which is exciting. There have been 6 (or 5.5) new characters added to the game, while there were 7 characters added from BB:CSEX to BB:CP, and I always thought there'd be at least one more story crucial character added, so it's not too surprising.

Really, I can't think of a character other than one of the two you mention to be it. If there's just one character left, I think they're going to be very relevant to the story.

Dantis

Or a birthday party.

That ken theme is kool. The character webpage still has coming soon. There's 2 blank spaces. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen :D

Whatever it is, it most likely won't be related to the overarching narrative.

Which is why, I think, it will be a beach scenario. Like Chrono Phantasma.

FluxWaveZ

The character webpage still has coming soon. There's 2 blank spaces. Place your bets ladies and gentlemen :D

Ha, I wouldn't look too deeply into the empty space because that really could mean nothing. Then again, people have been speculating forever that the current P4AU character select screen meant there would be 4 more characters, and Ken/Koromaru and Rise means there would be 2 more, though I still don't think that's a real hint since it could just be purely aesthetic in nature.

Whatever it is, it most likely won't be related to the overarching narrative.

Which is why, I think, it will be a beach scenario. Like Chrono Phantasma.

The beach/birthday scene is always in every japanese animation as a filler. I really hope they do something different for Persona.

Also hoping the recast Ken's american voice actor. He sounds miles better in Japanese.

Ha, I wouldn't look too deeply into the empty space because that really could mean nothing. Then again, people have been speculating forever that the current P4AU character select screen meant there would be 4 more characters, and Ken/Koromaru and Rise means there would be 2 more, though I still don't think that's a real hint since it could just be purely aesthetic in nature.

Really hope they do. On one hand we have the "coming soon" displayed on the website. On the other, we have the best buy description. Who knows? Maybe E3 will shed some light.........Hopefully.

Your avatar. Terrifying. even by my standards.

:p

We all know it's going to be P3 "WHAT IF" comedy story episode and P4 "WHAT IF" comedy story episode, guys.

P4 spoilers
Actually, I'm guessing it'll be Elizabeth Episode and Adachi Episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom